X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Rock Star: Van Halen

Recently I watched This Rock Star: INXS, And boy Did I wanna Hurl. The saddest part is when they make them dress up with designers and shit, God That pisse me off, Rock Stars don't get dressed up by Designers, Pop Stars Do! Never the less CBS is making INXS into a Fucking joke. Which got me thinking If CBS turns this into a series who would be there next target? Well Van Halen of course :Pukes:, Knowing Ed and Al and there money grabbing ego, they will do this and try to make money rather than have Diamond reunite with them, and If they do, do this, Ed better be wearing a cup because I will personally kick his ass. Do you realze that if this were to happen Ed were to take the Van Halen name to a new low, If were to hypotheticlly happen it would make VH3 look like Fair Warning. I'm praying to God this show gets cancelled so we don't have to be subjected to this living hell.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

If Ed and Al were trying to make money...they'd actually DO SOMETHING...

this will never happen...no way Ed gets involved with something that actually puts them in the public eye...

It will never...ever happen...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I doubt it would ever happen, but I'm just imagine Eddie talking to the constestants like the INXS members are doing...

"Dude, you got a Hell of a stage presence man, you really know how to work a crowd"

Thanks, Eddie. That's a real compliment coming from....

"Hey, just knock that shit off, alright? I'm Edward Van Halen, and this is MY band. I don't have to share the fuckin spotlight with anybody. If I wanted that, I'd call Dave. You're out!!"
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• qtipp
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jun 2004

I think this thread should rank among the highest of ass-clown worries.

Sticky....
        Double Sticky....
        Schwiiiiiiiiiiing

You Rock man:P

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
          I doubt it would ever happen, but I'm just imagine Eddie talking to the constestants like the INXS members are doing...

"Dude, you got a Hell of a stage presence man, you really know how to work a crowd"

Thanks, Eddie. That's a real compliment coming from....

"Hey, just knock that shit off, alright? I'm Edward Van Halen, and this is MY band. I don't have to share the fuckin spotlight with anybody. If I wanted that, I'd call Dave. You're out!!"
          There'd probably be Scandal where one of the comtestants bribes Ed with a Keg.
          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

yeah, lets impeach Bush, that tool

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

oops, wrong thread!! hehehhe

Comment

• mewisemagic
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by qtipp
                I think this thread should rank among the highest of ass-clown worries.

Sticky....
                Double Sticky....
                Schwiiiiiiiiiiing

You Rock man:P
                WTF,Is Your Point?

Comment

• Thorman
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2005

Sammy should front INXS...that would be awesome!!

BAM
                  http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Sammy's enjoying his finest hour as we speak.

Its good to see him back.
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

the show's not that bad, a lot better than pop drivel like American Idol. the house band doesn't sound like a karaoke tape.

i can't see Ed and Al being complimentary to people. instead of saying "you're just not right for our band," Ed would be telling people "get the fuck off the stage" and shit.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• qtipp
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mewisemagic
                        WTF,Is Your Point?
                        My point is this:

Worrying that Van Halen has any integrity left to diminish by doing a reality show is silly.
                        They lost every remaining shred of it in 96, every member of both versions of the band.

Roth should also stop being a fucking nostalgia act. He needs to suck it up & hire some people to help him write & produce another rock album instead of more of the gay ass show tunes he likes to make. Otherwise, he should retire from entertaining & focus on being a paramedic only.
                        He's even started to sing all of the great old CVH tunes like fucking Tom Jones or some other Vegas lounge lizard. Yankee Rose & some of the other EARLY solo work were just as good as CVH for me.

That's my point...
                        Now wash your hands & fix me a sandwich, I'm James Brown biatch.

Comment

• SloBurn
                          Groupie
                          • Jun 2005

INXS will have to learn that there is NO replacing Michael Hutchence, just like Dave can never be replaced. While there is always a chance(however small) to duplicate past SUCCESSES they will never be able to reach the same artistic heights.

They've already tried one other singer, Jon Stevens from the moderately successful (in Australia anyway) band Noiseworks. He's very talented and far and away a better choice than an unknown would be i think - but it didn't work out and why? Because he had too many ideas of his own.

Sound familiar?

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SloBurn
                            INXS will have to learn that there is NO replacing Michael Hutchence, just like Dave can never be replaced. While there is always a chance(however small) to duplicate past SUCCESSES they will never be able to reach the same artistic heights.

They've already tried one other singer, Jon Stevens from the moderately successful (in Australia anyway) band Noiseworks. He's very talented and far and away a better choice than an unknown would be i think - but it didn't work out and why? Because he had too many ideas of his own.

Sound familiar?
                            Jon Stevens didn't work out because he sucked.

Now the disclaimer there is that I never heard Noiseworks, so I don't know what he sounded like with his own band. But in INXS, he was terrible. Apparently Terrence Trent D'arby sang with them for a while too, but I didn't hear any of that.

It's true that Michael Hutchence *is* INXS just as David Lee Roth *is* Van Halen. But it's just as true that Bon Scott *is* Ac/Dc, yet they managed to reinvent themselves. And I'll never consider them the same band with Brian Johnson, but you can't deny they have done well for themselves. Unlike Van Hagar, for example.

This being the case, I won't pass judgment on INXS until I hear the final product. But in either case it won't be the same band that recorded "Don't Change" or "We Are The Vegetables".
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SloBurn
                              Groupie
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                              Jon Stevens didn't work out because he sucked.

Now the disclaimer there is that I never heard Noiseworks, so I don't know what he sounded like with his own band. But in INXS, he was terrible. Apparently Terrence Trent D'arby sang with them for a while too, but I didn't hear any of that.

It's true that Michael Hutchence *is* INXS just as David Lee Roth *is* Van Halen. But it's just as true that Bon Scott *is* Ac/Dc, yet they managed to reinvent themselves. And I'll never consider them the same band with Brian Johnson, but you can't deny they have done well for themselves. Unlike Van Hagar, for example.

This being the case, I won't pass judgment on INXS until I hear the final product. But in either case it won't be the same band that recorded "Don't Change" or "We Are The Vegetables".
                              See, the way i see it is - Michael Hutchence elevated his fellow band members to where it SEEMED they were on a par with him, but they never, ever were. Not to dis' them but musically, they were never groundbreaking and only occaisionally, accidentally brilliant.

So (in my opinion) the way you saw INXS with Jon Stevens out front is the same way they will be with almost ANYBODY else - mutton dressed up as lamb!

Btw, they played only one show with TTD and apparantly he didn't 'feel' right.

Comment

Working...