• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Nirvana's Cobain Considered Quitting Before Suicide

Nirvana's Cobain Considered Quitting Before Suicide
    Fri Mar 12,10:58 AM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - In the months before he shot himself, American rock legend Kurt Cobain was considering quitting his band Nirvana to work with his wife, singer Courtney Love (news), according to a previously unpublished interview.

AP Photo

Nirvana's tragic frontman said he had a stronger musical affinity with Love's own band, Hole, than he had found with any other musicians, according to Britain's "Uncut" magazine, which will publish the interview next Monday ahead of the 10th anniversary of his death.

"I'd like to (collaborate with Love)," he said in the interview eight months before his suicide. "But to tell you the truth, I would rather just quit my band and join Hole.

"When I have played music with them, there's a level of connection that's a little bit higher than with anyone else I ever played with," he added.

Nirvana's surviving founders, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic (news), have had a turbulent relationship with Cobain's widow, clashing with her in court over the band's musical legacy.

Cobain, 27, killed himself with a shotgun in April 1994 in his Seattle home, where he was recovering from a drug and alcohol overdose.

With punk-influenced music and angst-ridden lyrics, Nirvana led the grunge movement that emerged from Seattle to become one of the most powerful forces in 1990s rock.

Cobain said in the interview, originally intended for French television, that he was thinking of moving away from his grunge roots toward acoustic music.

"It might be nice to start playing acoustic guitar and be thought of as a singer and a songwriter, rather than a grunge rocker," he said. "I could sit down on a chair and play acoustic guitar like Johnny Cash (news) or something, and it won't be a big joke."

ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

He did have the ability to write some decent tunes but as a person he was just a sad, boring drug addict...
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Jesus Christ
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
      He did have the ability to write some decent tunes but as a person he was just a sad, boring drug addict...
      Judge not, lest ye be judged, My son. For the decent songs that he wrote came from the life he experienced. I only wish he had called on Me to deliver him from his pain

Comment

• singerman
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2004

i heard he was thinking of quitting Nirvana...after he committed suicide...

Comment

• PHOENIX
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

THE BITCH HAD HIM KILLED!

Comment

• Golden AWe
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            Judge not, lest ye be judged, My son. For the decent songs that he wrote came from the life he experienced. I only wish he had called on Me to deliver him from his pain

I only judge actions, not people...

I base my opinion on his book and the interviews about his life off-stage...
            Originally posted by Cato
            Golden, why are you FAT?
            Originally posted by lesfunk
            Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• SilvioDante
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Too bad he didn't quit Nirvana before they made an album!
              "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Wayne L.

Kurt Cobain is the most overrrated artist in the history of rock & roll along with his grunge band Nirvana because he is NOT in the same league as the late, great John Lennon while Nirvana wasn't as important & influential as the Beatles.

Comment

• SilvioDante
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

Holy shit, I totally agree with Wayne L.!!!!

I remember the day he killed himself, David Fricke said his death was like Gen X losing it's John Lennon. BULLSHIT!!! He sucked. Three chord wonder!!! John Lennon had talent, all Kobain had was a pissy attitude.
                  "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

And I swear that I dont have a gun !
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                      And I swear that I dont have a gun !
                      Yeah, that line busts me up everytime I hear that song on the radio.
                      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Roy Munson
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                        Kurt Cobain is the most overrrated artist in the history of rock & roll along with his grunge band Nirvana because he is NOT in the same league as the late, great John Lennon while Nirvana wasn't as important & influential as the Beatles.

Go fuck yourself with a satellite dish. The Beatles are overrated if you ask me.
                        Originally posted by ELVIS
                        I guess you're right...

Comment

• Roy Munson
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
                          Holy shit, I totally agree with Wayne L.!!!!

I remember the day he killed himself, David Fricke said his death was like Gen X losing it's John Lennon. BULLSHIT!!! He sucked. Three chord wonder!!! John Lennon had talent, all Kobain had was a pissy attitude.

You stupid fuck. Do you realize how many of Lennon's songs only had three chords in 'em?

Fuckin' numbnuts...
                          Originally posted by ELVIS
                          I guess you're right...

Comment

• SilvioDante
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2004

I may be a numbnuts, but I am an alive numbnuts ulike that pussy Kobain. What a hack he was.

And as far a the Beatles being overrated. We will just see if in 20 years who's songs are still being played on the radio. Or being sold for that matter.

Comment

• NE169

Too bad Cobain didn't make it a murder/suicide by taking Courtney with him!!

And at least Francis Bean wouldn't be a fucked up psychologically as she has to be with her mom now!!

Stevie Ray Vaughan's death was a real tragedy!

Suicide is the coward's way out!!!

Comment

Working...