PDA

View Full Version : the glorious eddie van halen

walterswoodman
07-24-2005, 06:07 PM
http://www.barryandandy.com/files/panamastpaul.mpeg (http://)

tydhurst
07-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Link don't work mate!

rustoffa
07-24-2005, 07:41 PM
What tydhurst said.....

BenJammin
07-24-2005, 08:26 PM
It's a video of Panama live during this last tour.

If you cut and paste the link, it works (something is wrong with the hyperlink)

The sound on the video is really bad, and Ed's left hand actually slips off the neck at one point.

superdave
07-24-2005, 08:33 PM
If it was from St Paul, MN, my younger brother saw them and said Sam let some dude sitting front row sing most of the lyrics....

thome
07-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Oh my gog WTF spam tappin his foot in ronald outfit

ed needs a shot o dope

mike is jus doin his 2 cents

thome
07-24-2005, 08:47 PM
I hope your bother got his money back

guwapo_rocker
07-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Holy crap!! Ed is more interested in his cig!!

Right click and save as.

nosuchluck
07-25-2005, 07:01 AM
that was pathetic...

Hardrock69
07-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Right click and save as = www:///

Nothing more.

Here is the REAL DIRECT LINK:

ENEMA.MPEG (http://www.barryandandy.com/files/panamastpaul.mpeg)

DR CHIP
07-25-2005, 10:13 AM
AWFUL.....

Unchainme
07-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Holy Mother Of God, That sucked ass, Not only was he drunk out of his mind, but he also was trying to do a CVH classic, When will they learn that you can't do a Dave Era song without Dave.

Hardrock69
07-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Wow...seems like he has been drinking! :confused:

Surely Ed would not do such a thing...not EDDIE VAN HALEN! :eek:

Polk High
07-25-2005, 10:42 AM
embarrasment

bueno bob
07-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Holy Mother Of God, That sucked ass, Not only was he drunk out of his mind, but he also was trying to do a CVH classic, When will they learn that you can't do a Dave Era song without Dave.

As long as the sheep keep coming to be fleeced, there will be a revolving door of lead singers and a half-sober (at best) Edward Van Halen playing CVH material half-heartedly.

2004 was such a success across the boards, wasn't it? Eddie, Alex, Mike, Sammy and everyone who bothered to support them should be ashamed of themselves. Period.

Big Fat Sammy
07-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Ed's playing doesn't sound that bad. Well, not nearly as bad as the Columbus show.

Wish the sound was better so we could know for sure.

But it really doesn't matter as long as Ronald McHagar is singing.

VonHalen
07-25-2005, 04:46 PM
ooooooooooooook

hollywood5150
07-25-2005, 05:23 PM
it didnt sound that bad, but he was fucking up alot. EVH can fall down the stairs and land on his feet.

the show i saw he played well, but his 15 min SOLO SUCKED, I have seen him do better.

EVH was obviously trashed, he made mistakes, and he managed to injure his picking hand.

Why didnt anyone notice? (fucking guy was bleedin' AOTP)

Big Fat Sammy
07-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by hollywood5150
it didnt sound that bad, but he was fucking up alot. EVH can fall down the stairs and land on his feet.

the show i saw he played well, but his 15 min SOLO SUCKED, I have seen him do better.

EVH was obviously trashed, he made mistakes, and he managed to injure his picking hand.

Why didnt anyone notice? (fucking guy was bleedin' AOTP)

He was fucking BLEEDING?

On this vid...or where you saw him?

thome
07-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Now i know what i look like after a ten day drunk and i try to play.

I hope nobody was filming me .

What.... no.... thats the real GUY?...he makes how much?...

people are funny..

qtipp
07-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
As long as the sheep keep coming to be fleeced, there will be a revolving door of lead singers and a half-sober (at best) Edward Van Halen playing CVH material half-heartedly.

2004 was such a success across the boards, wasn't it? Eddie, Alex, Mike, Sammy and everyone who bothered to support them should be ashamed of themselves. Period.
Disclaimer: I dig CVH. Van Hagar sounds the same as solo Sammy. DLR was the greatest frontman ever, in his prime. EVH was the best guitarist in the world for about 6 years & has been in rapid decline ever since.

As long as people keep supporting Dave's half assed attempts at entertainment the show will never go on either. Nobody works unless they have to. I'd like to see them all living out of cardboard boxes without a royalty check between them. That would get the creative juices flowing.

Go back through the history books. Every band begins to suck according to the same set of criteria.
A. They begin to think of themselves as "artists"
B. One or more of the members finds T-Total sobriety
C. One member of the band or other is recognized as being "THE"
band(ie. the debate over whether VH is Dave's singing or Ed's
guitar playing)
D. They find a following of loyal sheep willing to buy whatever BS
they put out

Big Troubles
07-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
Ed's playing doesn't sound that bad.

agreed.

To me it looked like he was pumped up & lost on energy. Might have been near the end of the set. ;)

Looked like he was about to fuck up the solo too. I dont think you are supposed to tap the intro Ed. :D

scorpioboy33
07-25-2005, 08:40 PM
crap

Kristy
07-25-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry but that made me laugh my ass off. Ed looks like a strung-out derelict methadone addict whose only word he can speak is "paneemauh" over and over again. It's like Ed was cute when he was a puppy but really, the poor guy needs to driven way on long-forgotten abandoned road somewhere and have a bullet put though his the middle of his eyes. That was pathetic - but funny kind of pathetic. What a shame to see such talent mock not only themsevles but their fan base like that.

Ed and Al can say all they want about how much of a ego-tripping dick David Lee Roth is but, unlike them, at least Roth has the decent to keep himself in shape and certainly the knack to hold a lot more respect for his fan base than that embarrassing and dismal performance.

hollywood5150
07-26-2005, 02:42 PM
(Big Fat Sammy)

Notice his picking hand right before the solo. he is bleeding, right before it ends he notices he is bleeding.

As a matter of fact he interupts the solo.

Look at it again

Big Fat Sammy
07-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by hollywood5150
(Big Fat Sammy)

Notice his picking hand right before the solo. he is bleeding, right before it ends he notices he is bleeding.

As a matter of fact he interupts the solo.

Look at it again

DAMN! HE IS BLEEDING AOTP!!!

zeronumber
07-26-2005, 03:25 PM
That's fucking sad, he actually cut himself while trying to tap.

His performance wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad.

It wasn't till the vid fades out that you notice his cuts his fucking finger.

Mr. Vengeance
07-26-2005, 05:22 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or vomit......A guy with so much going on who just is self destructing.

At this point, EVH might actually need Dave to just stay alive. A good, SOBER (well, within reason) CVH tour and new album might get the guy focused on life again.

DavidLeeNatra
07-26-2005, 08:54 PM
the worst thing about the vid is that you can see how everybody plays "alone"...ed is all for himself and there is absolutely no link to any other band member (except for his cig)...sad...

but the venue looks packed

Nickdfresh
07-26-2005, 09:33 PM
The effort is there, but as the reviewer from Calgary stated, the band has immense unfocussed energy. ED bangs around like a kiddy with ADD. His guitar skills are still with him, but Jesus has the booze taken it's toll! He's just mucking through that performance like a guy happy to be playing at all, but not happy about how he's playing nor too concerned about how well he's playing.

I find it to be very depressing...

Nickdfresh
07-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Caveat: Or who he's playing with...

What a fucking bloated Ronald McDONALD clown in the background...

BenJammin
07-26-2005, 10:04 PM
One redeeming thing about the video and Ed

He can still do the 'flying Eddie'

DavidLeeNatra
07-27-2005, 07:13 AM
see how ed tries to throw the cig in his mouth and misses it in the beginning, and the moment he tries to play a chord and misses the guitar fret...

and now please take a look at the recent pics and vid's from dave's concerts...and then think about the bass palyer saying "dave is pretending and partying like 25 years ago and he is not in the physical and mental shape to be the singer for Van Halen"...and wasn't some fucked-up-triple-weakling-I-make-my-living-from-hitting-things-with-sticks saying that dave needs meds?

fuck the reunion, fuck the sisters...dave should stay away from these assholes as far as he can...

4771eddievan
07-27-2005, 11:28 PM
For the Dave fans out there, I am not sure you all know what that was in the background but that is called a full stadium. Dave hasn't seen one of those since about 1986. I know many of you have only seen Dave at his sold out casion shows so you may not know what that many people look like.
Yes, I was at that St. Paul show and it was great. Long LIVE Van Hagar!!!

DLR'sCock
07-28-2005, 12:06 AM
I mean that really sucked ass, and who was that Ronald McDonald guy?????

walterswoodman
07-28-2005, 02:42 AM
Oh..........Eddie you're finger is bleeding.

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by 4771eddievan
For the Dave fans out there, I am not sure you all know what that was in the background but that is called a full stadium. Dave hasn't seen one of those since about 1986. I know many of you have only seen Dave at his sold out casion shows so you may not know what that many people look like.

Oh, you is a funny muh fucka, eh?

And for you, the Van Sheeper Elite...
I'm glad you liked your little Van Hagar show, but your comments alone prove you have no taste in Van Halen music.

I'm not sure you know what that group of people was on the stage, but it's called a washed up band.
I've never paid for any show that looked and sounded that bad, and you did, so i got my money's worth while Dave was at the helm.

The fact that the band gave that kind of performance in front of so many people is a testament to everything we always say about sheep, "Where's the trimmer, this fucker can't see or hear good at all".

Sorry, but i'll sit in an audience of two watching Dave before i'll ever shell out a dime to see Van Gaygar butcher a legacy they built with a man that got Ed out of backyard parties.

It isn't about whether Van Halen was Dave or Ed, you moron.
It is and was always about them as a team, together.

They had creative chemistry, Spammy had Tequila and a coke.

cdwillis
07-28-2005, 04:27 AM
Damn that was pretty pathetic. Ed looks like hell and he's playing like shit. It'll be a sad day if DLR really does join back up with them.

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 06:02 AM
And that's just one show, lol.
The whole fucking tour sounded like that last year.

And the solo in this file, lmmfao....
Yo, Ed, Why you wanna start your solo in the middle, dude?

Anyone who attended last years joke and thought it was "killer"....losen the neck hole on your sweater cause your brain needs oxygen.

guwapo_rocker
07-28-2005, 07:25 AM

20,000 Sarnia, July 15, 2005........fuckwad!

4771eddievan
07-28-2005, 10:24 AM
The last time Dave sold 20,000 legit tickets to anything had to be in the era of Nelson and Autograph. Come'on you dopes, 20,000?? You gotta do better than that. If Dave played Xcel Energy center he wouldn't even fill the floor.

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 07:29 PM
You gotta do better than that.

The same could be said about the performance you paid for last year.

Van Hagar is a train wreck, dude.
Just admit it, you aren't going to blow any smoke up our asses by singing Van Hagar praises here.

Try Spammy's site, i hear the grazing is good over there.

BAAA!

Antonella
07-28-2005, 08:18 PM
christ i couldnt bare to watch the whole thing...ronald mc donald on the mic n 'death' on guitar....jezuz he looks fucking horrible....i hope dave watches this...what a shame man...what a fucking shame..they took a good song and butchered it...n people actually pay to watch that shit!!!

sad n dissapointed

:moon:

TOM_5150
07-28-2005, 11:47 PM
It shows that Ed wasn't happy with Spambo in the band last year.

DavidLeeNatra
07-29-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by TOM_5150
It shows that Ed wasn't happy with Spambo in the band last year.

ed wasn't happy since 1980...

frets5150
08-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Ok just listened to it just sam alone fucks up the song it just does not sound right with him singin it. That said Eddie only messed up once from what i can hear in all fairness that audio sucked donkey dick so you cant really make out anything.If you wanna hear fuckups download the last show TOTAL FUCKIN SLOP i dont know why i down loaded the last show the audio was good but Uncle Ed was playin
like a 15 year old really sad.If he wants to drink that's his business and not nobody elses but when you are performing on stage to people
who payed their hard earned money to see him he's wrong.Just like when he walked off in the middle of a song on the last show or smashin his guitar he's never done that before and Eddie's always played drunk he must be on more that just alcohol.By the way how did he cut his hand he was fine 1 min the next he was bleedin.:rolleyes:

stilleddiesangel
08-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
Ed's playing doesn't sound that bad. Well, not nearly as bad as the Columbus show.

But it really doesn't matter as long as Ronald McHagar is singing.

I have a copy of the Milwaukee show and he was on form that night.

rucalobe
08-02-2005, 08:05 PM
OMG...this guy is going to go six-feet under in less than a decade. Sad to say so, but given his physical appearance and mental instability, I'm afraid that we will never see Van Halen (as in Dave, Ed, Al and Mike) playing together again.... :-(

And yes, he was bleeding since the song started and did not even noticed until solo time. He also dropped the neck at one time. Finally, he sounded like crap.

The Eddie Van Halen we knew and loved died twenty years ago....sad, very sad.