PDA

View Full Version : David Lee Roth - "Damn Good" video

steveonet
07-24-2005, 10:25 PM
http://www.wabo1.com/goodtimes.jpg

For those who are unfamiliar with my work....I make custom videos....for all sorts of things. Yes, I make Videos for Van Halen. Yes, I like a lot of what Van Halen did after Dave left....but I don't make a big deal of that here.

The nickname you see at the beginning and end is "wabo 1" and that's my site too....but the nickname, honestly, came from drinking so much teqila...(which I'm sure a lot of you can appreciate) not so much from the Sammy song....so, don't let the "wabo 1" thing distract you.... Okay...that's out of the way.

What I've done is make a tribute to Van Halen, and Dave, (no sammy, I promise) using "Damn Good" and a bunch of cool footage from the band. It's my wish of what I really wish would happen with Van Halen.

Check it out....I think you'll like it...I really do....It's definitely worth looking at for any Roth fan.....

Not looking to get hounded or flamed for anything to do with "hagar" or "wabo" or anything (Everyone seems pretty cool here)...just looking to share my video with people who would really appreciate it. Hope it comes off like that...

Download "Damn Good" Video - WMV Format - 86MB (http://www.wabo1.com/videos/David%20Lee%20Roth%20-%20Damn%20Good%202005.wmv)

Thanks

Steve-O

thome
07-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Nice one thanks

Unchainme
07-24-2005, 11:03 PM
I like It, Just next time try and change your name to something less Hagar-Friendly.

steveonet
07-24-2005, 11:06 PM
I said it already. Just lookin to share the video, not get ragged about the name. I wont do it again if the name's a problem. sorry

mewisemagic
07-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Very Classy,Thanks For The Great Video!I Looked At This With No Sound(My Speakers Are At My Computer At Work),Cant Wait Too See And Hear It Tomorrow!

KCPhelan5150
07-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Very good.

Big Troubles
07-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Nice work. One of the best homemade vids Ive seen.

ben halen
07-24-2005, 11:57 PM
cool.

HELLVIS
07-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Two blazin' thumbs way the hell up!!!!!

SloBurn
07-25-2005, 02:30 AM
Great vid. But what i really think is great is your honesty. Don't deny it if you like it. It's not for me personally but hey a lot of what i do like y'all would not but i'm not gonna stop listening to it.

Besides, isn't fan bashing best left to the pure Spam-O-Philes?

VAN HLN CA
07-25-2005, 03:35 AM
i likes that

salute

jeanie923
07-25-2005, 08:40 AM
You made that gooood
Oh yeah, The Good Times.

guwapo_rocker
07-25-2005, 09:04 AM
He said Wabo.....

purefuckinrock!
07-25-2005, 09:45 AM
It's Christmas before time...Thanks
You should work on the DLRDVD.

Hardrock69
07-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Notice under his name...Roth Convert..Sam WHO?

That is good enough for me...downloading now.

BTW, I have ALWAYS dug the song "Damn Good". Just one more killer facet of Diamond Dave.

DAVE IS THE MOTHERFUCKING MAN!!!!

Hardrock69
07-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Dude...you did a marvelous job with this.

The video says it all....a wistful look backwards to when Van Halen ruled the world....we will never see such greatness again....

Three Lock Rock
07-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Gayvid Lee Roth never did a video for that gay ass song. Know why?

Cus it's GAY! Like all of you, except for the Three T's!

Three Lock Rock

Kickin ass and takin names...again

Dave's Bitch
07-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
Gayvid Lee Roth never did a video for that gay ass song. Know why?

Cus it's GAY! Like all of you, except for the Three T's!

*sigh* not more of this shit

Three Lock Rock

Kickin ass and takin names...again

Dave's Bitch
07-25-2005, 11:47 AM
how funny is 3lock.i mean calling david lee roth gayvid lee roth *s******s*,some funny shit there

Three Lock Rock
07-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
how funny is 3lock.i mean calling david lee roth gayvid lee roth *s******s*,some funny shit there

your name says sammys bitch, and thats a great thing to be....if you had a T in your name, you could join the legion of T's with Thorman and Tom Vu and myself and we could rule the Army!

three lock rock

kicking ass and taking names...again

Dave's Bitch
07-25-2005, 11:50 AM
i dont think so hunny

purefuckinrock!
07-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah but three luck suck

Three Lock Rock
07-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by purefuckinrock!
Yeah but three luck suck

you shut up, new boy! you don't know anything other than how to be gay! you should listen to sum REAL fuckinrock like For Unlawful Carnal Knowlege and Balince!

three lock rock

purefuckinrock!
07-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
you shut up, new boy! you don't know anything other than how to be gay! you should listen to sum REAL fuckinrock like For Unlawful Carnal Knowlege and Balince!

three lock rock

Is Balince better than Balance ? Because this one sucked donkeys.

three luck suck.
Big time !

Hardrock69
07-25-2005, 01:08 PM
3 Suck Cock only knows one way to "balince"...balincing between his daddy's cock rammed up his ass, and Spambo The Flatulent's cock he is sucking...

VonHalen
07-25-2005, 05:15 PM
i like it, nice job

steveonet
07-25-2005, 08:44 PM
You see...this is the shit that pisses me off. I freely admit it...I listen to the sam music on occasion, but I'm not gonna go out to a fuckin ROTH SITE, and pick a thread where someone worked there fucking ass off for a week, and take THAT opportunity to flaunt it to the world. FUCK YOU "THREE COCKS ROCK" (which, apparently you know so much about gay people, you surely must know)....and your red rocked runaround horse you fucking rode in on...... Take your shit somewhere else, and quit cluttering up a thread that I posted for the sheer appreciation of a great musician....

stringfelowhawk
07-25-2005, 10:31 PM
That was very cool...

I heard that song on the radio the other day on Alice Coopers syndicated radio show that comes on at like 8:30pm.

Did anyone catch the 50 funniest moments in music on VH1 recently?
Dave was number 48. It was hosted by Sarah Silverman whom in my opinion is the perfect woman. She's hot, she's smart, she's funny and witty as fuck.
Anyway, just as she starts to do the intro for Dave my fucking local cable company decided to do a "weekly test" which seems to happen everytime I'm trying to watch something and it cut her off. All I heard her say was something like, "David Lee Roth is known to be one of the funniest guys on the planet. A natural comedian and rock star that made MTV fun. But what a lot of people don't know is David Lee Roth could kick your ass. He's a second degree black belt"........... I don't think thats how it ended but that's when they started the test and she was still talking. It went into footage of the old videos and DaveTV etc but I couldn't hear it. Anybody catch this or have the video?

Panamark
07-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Steve, dont let three lock piss you off. Three lock doesnt even know
who he is most times. He's the closest thing to an auto Sheepbot
this place could come up with :p

Theres an extremely large chance that the 3Lock who wrote in this
thread is enjoying your video right now ;)

jero
07-26-2005, 04:46 AM
Great one!!!

PenguinsKID1986
07-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Did a great job on the video and thank you. It did make me sad!.

swswarts
07-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the video. Great choice for the song. It made me sad as well. Well done.

bigc
07-26-2005, 08:13 PM
i downloaded it..its really good.

great job.

ROTH ON:)

Seshmeister
07-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Good effort!

Apart from the title screen obviously...:)

BenJammin
07-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by stringfelowhawk
That was very cool...

hosted by Sarah Silverman whom in my opinion is the perfect woman. She's hot, she's smart, she's funny and witty as fuck.

Didn't catch the clip, but just wanted to comment on Sarah. Yeah, she is definately cool!

She won me over when I saw her do a bit about 'erogenous zones'.... she was talking about how "some women talk about how their neck is their erogenous zone, or being kissed on the shoulder or something like that"... then she says " my erogneous zone seems to be centered around my pussy".

Great chick.

monterrey001
07-26-2005, 11:25 PM
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=limegreen]

SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE SOMEWAY GET A COPY OF THIS TO EDDIE

IT'S GOTTA BRING BACK SOME GREAT MEMORIES FOR HIM AND MAKE HIM GET OUT OF WHATEVER HAZE HE IS IN AND GIVE IT ONE MORE TRY

C'MON ED

hollywood5150
07-27-2005, 12:46 AM
OMG that was fucking awesome. I love it. it makes me feel like the summer of 84.

God that was awesome. It is beautiful man. GREAT STUFF!

keep up the good work.....got more?

cnat
07-27-2005, 10:06 PM
B]Killer video. Nice job my friend....keep up the good work...make more!![/B] :killer:

cdwillis
07-28-2005, 04:44 AM
Awesome job. Have you done any other videos like this one?

Keeyth
07-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Killer work man. showed it to an old friend of mine who isn't a practicing member of the army and he also said that was a really good job. Keep up the good work. Let's find a way to get a copy to the sisters.

steveonet
07-28-2005, 01:16 PM
I never anticipated the response I got to this video. General concensus everywhere I've shown it or posted it seems to be to get a copy somehow to Ed or Al....

So....I've looked up a contact, who will most likely be able to provide me with the proper address. I'm currently producing a full screen version of this....without the wabo 1 title screens....and will be making a DVD of it, making several copies, and will be mailing it to each and every person I can think of in the hopes that maybe this will get to him or them in one or more formats.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Keeyth
07-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Right on! :D

Nickdfresh
07-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Cool, thanks STEVE...

Mezro
07-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by steveonet

For those who are unfamiliar with my work....I make custom videos....for all sorts of things. Yes, I make Videos for Van Halen.

Steve,

If you work for VH then what is Brad's last name and where in Nor Cal does he live?

Mezro...bonus points for who oversees/archives all the footage...you would have had to deal with this person to make any videos for VH...

Starwood
07-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Bravo!

Fairwrning
07-28-2005, 05:40 PM
pretty freakin cool,man...like the old shot of Ed holdin a Les Paul...good job!:donkey:

DLR'sCock
07-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Wow, that was really great!!! Kick ass job Steve!!!!

fanofdave
07-28-2005, 07:18 PM
wow, great video; thanks for sharing it with us.
that song was written for something just like that.
man, those were the great fucking days of rock.
those were good times....

steveonet
07-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Steve,

If you work for VH then what is Brad's last name and where in Nor Cal does he live?

Mezro...bonus points for who oversees/archives all the footage...you would have had to deal with this person to make any videos for VH...

Do what? When did I ever say I worked for VH? I said I looked up a contact...who should be able to give me the last name....and Brad Who?

steveonet
07-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Yes, I make Videos for Van Halen.

Oh..Maybe I misworded that part....sorry...my bad...I guess I should have said "Yes, I make homemade videos for van halen songs"...
Now I think I understand...my mistake

TOM_5150
07-28-2005, 11:34 PM

For those who are unfamiliar with my work....I make custom videos....for all sorts of things. Yes, I make Videos for Van Halen. Yes, I like a lot of what Van Halen did after Dave left....but I don't make a big deal of that here.

The nickname you see at the beginning and end is "wabo 1" and that's my site too....but the nickname, honestly, came from drinking so much teqila...(which I'm sure a lot of you can appreciate) not so much from the Sammy song....so, don't let the "wabo 1" thing distract you.... Okay...that's out of the way.

What I've done is make a tribute to Van Halen, and Dave, (no sammy, I promise) using "Damn Good" and a bunch of cool footage from the band. It's my wish of what I really wish would happen with Van Halen.

Check it out....I think you'll like it...I really do....It's definitely worth looking at for any Roth fan.....

Not looking to get hounded or flamed for anything to do with "hagar" or "wabo" or anything (Everyone seems pretty cool here)...just looking to share my video with people who would really appreciate it. Hope it comes off like that...

Download "Damn Good" Video - WMV Format - 86MB (http://www.wabo1.com/videos/David%20Lee%20Roth%20-%20Damn%20Good%202005.wmv)

Thanks

Steve-O

Cool video!!

Mezro
07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Do what? When did I ever say I worked for VH? I said I looked up a contact...who should be able to give me the last name....and Brad Who?

You said that you make videos FOR Van Halen - to me that implies working for the band.

Mezro...great video though...

DR CHIP
08-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Nice vid....

johnburrows
08-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Very sentimental. The vid made me a little weepy.

Bill Lumbergh
08-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Good shit. Man, what a great time that was..........

bantonelli
09-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Three Luck Suck must be drinking "Two Buck Chuck" from Trader Joe's.

Steveonet - Thank You for the Video.....us, at DLRARMY truly appreciate your efforts and your sharing.

We apologize for some of the Lame Clowns who come to this website to supposedly come and spread their Redrocker crapola thinking that we can be converted.....WRONG.......DLR ARMY are the team of "Unpersuaded".

DLR ROCKS OUR WORLD....PERIOD! NOBODY WALKS THESE STREETS LIKE DLR...The Atomic Punk!!!

aceshigh
09-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Absolutely KICK ASS!!!!!!!

Almost brought a tear to my eye.www.steveandmarilea.com (http://www.steveandmarilea.com)

ELVIS
09-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Very very nice !!

:elvis:

The_KiD
09-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Thank you! I really Enjoyed!

KiD

The_KiD
09-03-2005, 09:39 AM
I just realized, I do not have that song, does anyone have the MP3 or where can I find it?

Many Thanks,

KiD

The_KiD
09-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Found it.. Nevermind..

diamondsgirl
09-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Damn Good, Steve. :)

scorpioboy33
09-04-2005, 11:33 AM
GREAT JOB STEVE!

Jérôme Frenchise
09-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Thank you, Steve! Well done!! This is a 5-star job...:)

Lloyd Anger
09-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Thank you Steve! Got a lump in my throat big time. Those were the best of times not only for Van Halen but for us that were around 19 when they put their first record out. We knew right then and there that we as music lovers had something very special at hand.

My only regret was that I didn't get to follow them in the early years. At the bars, parties and so on. Growing up in Minnesota, I thought only queers lived in California back then. I would have loved to been apart of the party back then.

Thank you again. 5 for you. Please do more!