PDA

View Full Version : EVH has Throat Cancer????

Don Corleone
07-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Taken from another site, but it would not surprise me if he does

http://www.eddievanhalen.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=forum&board=rumormill&op=display&num=674300

Matt White
07-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Sad news Don....We'll have to hope it's a rumor until (or IF) official word comes down.

guwapo_rocker
07-25-2005, 02:32 PM
"This rumor was actually from last year. I remember it was the reason why they were going out on tour because they thought that Eddie would die within the year.

Same exact source, same name and same BS.

It was posted at VHForums and I believe here. I do remember reading it in two different places.

Its false so breathe easy. "

Unchainme
07-25-2005, 02:36 PM
its probably false but if I were ed I would tour with Dave one last time, just so I would go out on a high note, just in case he does die.

Don Corleone
07-25-2005, 02:36 PM
There is also the reply from the radio:

I sent a message to the radio station and here is the reply:

Hey Donna,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Death Pool Dave has access to many celebrity medical records through friends who happen to work in the medical field. Archie, who is also a huge VH fan has told me the same in the past. But who knows...He may become the next Keith Richards and live forever with replacement organs...Thanks for listening and we'll keep ya posted...

Kristie Kemper
WLVQ-FM-96 News Director
280 N. High Street 10th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Office#: 614-222-8441

Hopefully this is an old rumour.

hollywood5150
07-25-2005, 02:46 PM
yeah it is old, I have hard this punk jaw jack since 2000. and evh is always on his list.

FUCK HIM!

Matt White
07-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
"This rumor was actually from last year. I remember it was the reason why they were going out on tour because they thought that Eddie would die within the year.

Same exact source, same name and same BS.

It was posted at VHForums and I believe here. I do remember reading it in two different places.

Its false so breathe easy. "

Thanks GR!!!

That's a relief!!!

FORD
07-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by a panicky sheep at EVH.com

I sent a message to the radio station and here is the reply:

Hey Donna,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Death Pool Dave has access to many celebrity medical records through friends who happen to work in the medical field. Archie, who is also a huge VH fan has told me the same in the past. But who knows...He may become the next Keith Richards and live forever with replacement organs...Thanks for listening and we'll keep ya posted...

Kristie Kemper
WLVQ-FM-96 News Director
280 N. High Street 10th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Office#: 614-222-8441

OK, so this is based on the word of a publicity hungry DJ who most likely works for Clear Channel (I think they own everything in Ohio) a company with an ax to grind with Van Hagar after a less than stellar tour.

For one thing, the above statement is bullshit. Keith Richards doesn't have any transplanted organs. Though he did have a complete blood transfusion once, apparently.

Eddie probably WILL have throat cancer eventually, and apparently he doesn't give a shit either. But I'm not taking the word of a Fear Channel DJ for it.

Don Corleone
07-25-2005, 03:50 PM
That'll do for me Ford.

BrownSound1
07-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah I was going to point out that a DJ in freakin' Ohio probably doesn't know jack squat. I heard DJ's here the other day saying that VH were reuniting with Dave. Think I believe that shit? BTW, the station here is owned by Clear Channel as well.

Lestat
07-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Yeah I was going to point out that a DJ in freakin' Ohio probably doesn't know jack squat. I heard DJ's here the other day saying that VH were reuniting with Dave. Think I believe that shit? BTW, the station here is owned by Clear Channel as well.

Whether you believe it or not... its still nice to hear. :D

Ally_Kat
07-26-2005, 01:23 AM
I love how he claims he gets access to medical records thru friends in the medical field. I highly doubt they would risk their jobs giving him medical records so he can get an inside scoop to do his death pool bit on his radio show.

BrownSound1
07-26-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Lestat
Whether you believe it or not... its still nice to hear. :D

The thing about it is I've seen many radio rumors that were originated either here or over at the Links. One of the greatest rumors I witnessed was when someone joked and said David Hasselhoff was going to be the new singer. I'll be damned if it didn't show up in a German newspaper...stated as a fact.

Brett
07-26-2005, 01:52 AM
That one had some legs, I believe two or three German media outlets reported that as fact. A guy named Jeff Harshman started that.

BrownSound1
07-26-2005, 02:03 AM
That's right! I had forgotten Jeff's name. Brett, I think we've been doing this shit too long. LOL

Brett
07-26-2005, 02:04 AM
And we remember too much. :)