PDA

View Full Version : Hey, You Never Know.

Last_Child
07-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Does anybody have a tab for this YFLM Song?

Last_Child
08-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Nehei.

Whabbout' Your Filthy Little Mouth tab?

Big Troubles
08-04-2005, 10:02 AM
just play wants sounds good. fuck sheet music

Matt White
08-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Not sure I've ever seen YFLM in tab...................

And I have a TON of tab.........................................

Don Corleone
08-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Nope, not for YFLM (I couldn't even find it at tabrobot.com, and they have most things)

Last_Child
08-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
just play wants sounds good. fuck sheet music

Good Idea.

Matt White
08-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Last_Child
Good Idea.

Tab can be a useful tool....There is no substitute for a good ear.

Cathedral
08-05-2005, 04:24 AM
Exactly, Matt!
Sit down and break the song down for yourself and learn to write your own tab.
Then throw that song away and write your own song IN tab.

Originality Baby!
That's the stuff dreams are made of...............

Matt White
08-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Write it in standard music notation?!? Who does that anymore?!?!

Tabs been around for 20+ years........

The more you know the better off you'll be.

Don Corleone
08-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Plug you guitar in, and jam along to the record. It may take some time but you'll figure it out eventually.

Matt White
08-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
4. A guy who depends on tabs is like a 4 year old who still drinks milk from his mom's tatas. He'll never learn anything or become greater then the people who are actually MAKING that music, or even the people who are LEARNING that music by EAR, then transcribing it, unless he weans himself off of tab.

GRATE!!! In 19 years you've become a music theory expert!! GOOD SHOW!!!

STEVE VAI....TRANSCRIBER

Remember....THERE ARE NO RULES

IF IT WORKS FOR YOU......GOOD

TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE

Matt White
08-05-2005, 09:26 PM
You never answered my question. How many fucking legends do you know who still depend on tab?

Ever heard of Andy Aledort?

Steve Vai?

Eric Johnston?

Yngwie Malmsteen?

DimeBag Darrell???

Enough of an answer?

Matt White
08-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Ever heard of Andres Segovia???

Matt White
08-05-2005, 10:43 PM
BTW, Matt, i'm willing to bet that Vai was actually COMING UP with stuff like the crosswords suite or whatever at 19, instead of reading it off of some magazine tab.

And I bet he wasn't arguing with older musicians...he listened to what they said and LEARNED SOMETHING.

He might have had a chip on his shoulder at 19......but HE DIDN'T SUCK!!!

NOW...GO PRACTICE!!!:D

I wanna hear that CROSSROADS SUITE by MONDAY!!!:mad:

Matt White
08-05-2005, 11:45 PM
HAHAHA!!!

Have it your way kid!!!;)

You still need to learn that CROSSROADS SUITE..it's on VAI's GREATEST HITS.......get practicing!!!:D

Don Corleone
08-06-2005, 08:28 AM
BTW, i'd like to hear a outside opinion of this conversation between Matt White and me.

Okay then here you go: You've spent almost a full page saying the same shit over and over again. To a degree yes, you have a point with what your saying.

However as Matt rightly points out many big names do use Tab and Music Notation to learn songs. How do you think Ed learnt to play Fur Elise???, that's right he read it from the sheet music - EVH also freely admits to recording Big Bad Bill with the sheet music in front of him (so there's a big name for you).

However what I see standing out like a sore thumb is that you lack in experience and knowledge (your only a kid, so this will come in time) and are failing to appreciate that everyone has an opinion, and everyone has a method that works for them.

END OF......

Matt White
08-06-2005, 05:03 PM

Wanna know why you refuse to? It's cause you know i'm fucking right and don't wanna admit you're wrong.

I've answered all your questions Junior....you refuse to listen.

I'll repeat what the Don said...THIS CONVERSATION IS DONE

Your not adding anything to the original question put forth in this thread...........

If you want an arguement.........keep it up.

You've been warned now by BOTH Gear Forum Mod's............

Don Corleone
08-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Actually considering some of the stellar talent Dave has had in his band, there is surprisingly little tab/sheet music around.

Last_Child
09-07-2005, 03:16 PM
!Bump!

:)

BrownSound1
09-07-2005, 03:24 PM
When a session guitarist goes into the studio he almost always has a chart in front of him. Saves time, because he doesn't have to sit and dick with the song an hour to learn it.

Matt White
09-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Yup..."Time is Money"....

Never seen anything from YFLM in TAB before.....

Mezro
09-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Better yet, go get Terry Kilgore.

Mezro...he should be at the Taco Bell down the street...wearing a hair net...remind him that you want extra cheese...

BrownSound1
09-07-2005, 11:25 PM
LOL. Actually Terry is the man to see if you want NOS vacuum tubes for your amp. You can find him at http://www.plexipalace.com posting under the name Tube Tramp. He does have a website but I have forgotten what it was. I have never talked to him, so I don't know how he would react to someone asking him for a transcripton of his stuff.

His email is terry_kilgore2003@yahoo.com

Don't mention me in the email, I might need some NOS Mullard EL34s, and I don't want him pissed off because I spouted his email. j/k He wouldn't know me from Adam's housecat.

ELVIS
09-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Hmmm...

Interesting...

Nitro Express
09-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Yeah, reading music is so unimportant that BB. King learned how to read when he was in his 60's. BB said he couldn't play in certain studio situation and always felt intimidated because he couldn't read. One of the blues greats said learning how to read music opened a whole new world for him. There you go.