PDA

View Full Version : How come Ozzy sings so good on "Sabotage"?

Mr Badguy
07-27-2005, 02:59 PM
I was listening to Black Sabbath`s "Sabotage" for the first time in a while when I suddenly realised that Ozzy really nailed the vocals on that album.

It`s an amazing performance, easily his best, either Sabbath or solo.

It`s incredible that "Sabotage" is one of his least favourite, according to the interviews I`ve read.

I wonder what drugs he was taking?

Matt White
07-28-2005, 10:01 PM
I remember reading where Zakk wanted him to sing songs off that live....and OZZY admitted there is NO WAY he can sing in that high of a register anymore.

Mr Badguy
07-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I remember reading where Zakk wanted him to sing songs off that live....and OZZY admitted there is NO WAY he can sing in that high of a register anymore.

Yeah, listen to what he did on "Sabbath bloody Sabbath" from the live "Reunion" album.

He ain`t kidding.

bueno bob
07-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Between Sabotage and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, they're easily Ozzy's best vocal performances ever put to tape. After Sabotage, he probably could have fell off the planet and the world wouldn't have been too much worse for it.

Matt White
07-29-2005, 11:11 PM
SYMPTOM OF THE UNIVERSE....A LOVE THAT NEVER DIES_______YEAH!!!

rustoffa
07-30-2005, 08:45 PM
"Megalomania" is probably the gratest Black Sabbath song of all times. Oz's vocals on the whole record are his best as well.

bueno bob
07-30-2005, 10:03 PM
After having heard Megalomania on Past Lives, I've really been hoping that Sabbath would add it back to the setlist...but of course Oz couldn't sing it.

God damn, so much time has been wasted with this! Fuck, at this point I'd almost be glad to get Tony Martin back, if for no other reason than to be able to see them and buy a new album on a regular basis....

:)

Bill Lumbergh
07-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
After having heard Megalomania on Past Lives, I've really been hoping that Sabbath would add it back to the setlist...but of course Oz couldn't sing it.

God damn, so much time has been wasted with this! Fuck, at this point I'd almost be glad to get Tony Martin back, if for no other reason than to be able to see them and buy a new album on a regular basis....

:)

Still dropping Tony Martin's name huh, you sad fuck? What's next? Should we dig Cozy Powell up?

bueno bob
07-31-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Still dropping Tony Martin's name huh, you sad fuck? What's next? Should we dig Cozy Powell up?

Oh fuck you, asshole! God I hate you sometimes! :mad: