PDA

View Full Version : Van Hagar gayness

Terry
07-28-2005, 10:31 AM
What the fuck is going on there in Live Without A Net, at the beginning of One Way To Rock, where Sammy and Eddie start kicking while dancing around in a circle? I mean, seriously, that shit was a circle-jerk style example of fucking queerness to the Nth degree. Remember laughing out loud when that shit was first released. Between that and Eddie's pink, puffy parachute Guido pants and whatever the fuck Sambo was wearing................

..............man, Van Halen changed from one of the hottest bands in the world to a bunch of pickle puffing power balladeers after Hagar joined.

Sammy Roy Hagar
07-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Terry
What the fuck is going on there in Live Without A Net, at the beginning of One Way To Rock, where Sammy and Eddie start kicking while dancing around in a circle? I mean, seriously, that shit was a circle-jerk style example of fucking queerness to the Nth degree. Remember laughing out loud when that shit was first released. Between that and Eddie's pink, puffy parachute Guido pants and whatever the fuck Sambo was wearing................

..............man, Van Halen changed from one of the hottest bands in the world to a bunch of pickle puffing power balladeers after Hagar joined.

To each their own, my brother.

We were on a high when I first joined the band. And some of our actions from back then got the best of us (laughs)!

So, it may seem a bit weird now looking at what we were doing or wearing.

But it was all about fun. And I started to not have that same fun come 1995.

And that's what I'm about - FUN.

Aint that the truth.

:)

SNIPER
07-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Sammy Roy Hagar
To each their own, my brother.

We were on a high when I first joined the band. And some of our actions from back then got the best of us (laughs)!

So, it may seem a bit weird now looking at what we were doing or wearing.

But it was all about fun. And I started to not have that same fun come 1995.

And that's what I'm about - FUN.

Aint that the truth.

You have got to be kidding me! What a fucking nut bag!

Sammy Roy Hagar
07-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by SNIPER
You have got to be kidding me! What a fucking nut bag!

Hey man, why dont you come down to Cabo and we'll show you how to have some fun!

Also, I'm not totally with your tone, brother.

You're gonna need to chill.

Terry
07-28-2005, 10:49 AM

We were on a high when I first joined the band.

No doubt from the nail polish all of you were sniffing.

SNIPER
07-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Hey man, why dont you come down to Cabo and we'll show you how to have some fun!

Also, I'm not totally with your tone, brother.

You're gonna need to chill.

Im sad to say I have been to Cabo. The only cool thing there was the 1984 album you have framed.

Sammy Roy Hagar
07-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Terry
No doubt from the nail polish all of you were sniffing.

Hahaha.

You redheads crack me up

Hey, we were young, vibrant guys who just wanted to have fun.

And that's what I'm about--FUN.

And if having fun means wearing colorful pants and kicking each other, then so be it.

I'm an artist so how I dress and how I feel is a proper representation of the Red Rocker.

SNIPER
07-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey Sam, Dont you think you need to lay off all the snacks?

Sammy Roy Hagar
07-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by SNIPER
Im sad to say I have been to Cabo. The only cool thing there was the 1984 album you have framed.

Well then I might just reveal a little secret for you then.

Some redheads know this but I never admitted to it -- until now.

I actually helped Eddie write "Jump".

Yes. Eddie actually met up with me BEFORE our so-called first encounter in 1985.

It was summer 1983 and I was working on VOA and playing some shows. Van Halen were of course working on 1984. We of course had Ted Templeman producing both our records.

I was at Claudios getting my Ferrari's braking system fixed when Eddie walked in. We said hi and talked. He heard that Ted was producing VOA and invited me over to '5150'.

I was completely blown away and really inspired by what Eddie was doing and composing.

He played me a bit of the keyboard tune that was to be "Jump". I suggested that he play a little keyboard solo right after the guitar solo -- I felt that would surprise a lot of fans. Also, it was MY suggestion to have the track fade out with a riff that would eventually become 'Top of the World'. So, in a sense, I came up with an early version of that riff.

He didn't want me to write lyrics since he felt Dave would get pissed. And I didn't.

So that was all my involvement with Jump.

And that's why its such a high to play that song live with Van Halen.

Nickdfresh
07-28-2005, 11:04 AM
This was a long long time ago, but I recall hearing a STERN-ROTH interview (or maybe Howard talking about it after the fact) where ROTH made fun of VAN HAGAR. He mentioned how they were being all fucking touchy-feely with each other on stage with the hugs and the phony, staged warmth meant to show band unity. I think they broke up shortly thereafter. Anybody else remember those comments?

SNIPER
07-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Well then I might just reveal a little secret for you then.

Some redheads know this but I never admitted to it -- until now.

I actually helped Eddie write "Jump".

Yes. Eddie actually met up with me BEFORE our so-called first encounter in 1985.

It was summer 1983 and I was working on VOA and playing some shows. Van Halen were of course working on 1984. We of course had Ted Templeman producing both our records.

I was at Claudios getting my Ferrari's braking system fixed when Eddie walked in. We said hi and talked. He heard that Ted was producing VOA and invited me over to '5150'.

I was completely blown away and really inspired by what Eddie was doing and composing.

He played me a bit of the keyboard tune that was to be "Jump". I suggested that he play a little keyboard solo right after the guitar solo -- I felt that would surprise a lot of fans. Also, it was MY suggestion to have the track fade out with a riff that would eventually become 'Top of the World'. So, in a sense, I came up with an early version of that riff.

He didn't want me to write lyrics since he felt Dave would get pissed. And I didn't.

So that was all my involvement with Jump.

And that's why its such a high to play that song live with Van Halen.

Jump was for the 1982 Diver Down album.

SNIPER
07-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Oh yeah. And the end of jump has the riff for one of those gay tunes on f.u.c.k.

guwapo_rocker
07-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Why are you watching that shit?