PDA

View Full Version : Bush's latest statement

Steve Savicki
07-28-2005, 03:09 PM
http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/newsbyid.asp?id=24505&cat=PR+Newswire&more=/pr_newswire/

"I am proud that the House of Representatives has acted to advance America's economic and national security interests by passing the CAFTA-DR agreement. CAFTA helps ensure that free trade is fair trade. By lowering trade barriers to American goods in Central American markets to a level now enjoyed by their goods in the U.S., this agreement will level the playing field and help American workers, farmers, and small businesses. The agreement is more than a trade bill; it is a commitment of freedom-loving nations to advance peace and prosperity throughout the Western hemisphere. We have a moral obligation and a vital national security interest in helping the democracies of Central America and the Dominican Republic succeed, and CAFTA furthers that goal. I look forward to signing this important legislation into law. "

FORD
07-28-2005, 03:19 PM
So in other words, he did it to get Hispanic votes (as well as make his corporatist friends happy)

Warham
07-28-2005, 03:20 PM
He did it because he's evil.

FORD
07-28-2005, 03:22 PM
That's why he does everything.

worldbefree
07-28-2005, 03:24 PM
How are people who make a couple dollars an hour, if that much, going to be able to afford to buy American made products. Most Americans can't afford to buy U.S. made products.

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 03:37 PM
He did it because he is out of touch with the American People that make less than $100 K per year and can't afford to lose their jobs.
He did it because most people don't have a clue what the hell it really means.

Our lovely government has no desire to invest in anything here at home like schools, or job growth.

This isn't about Fair Trade, it's about profits for the rich and more poverty for the poor.
Only at this point, this expansion undermines the American Middle Class as well.

This shit affects every aspect of our economical growth, and in a bad way. Nothing that has been stated about this by Washington is true either.

In a nutshell, it means less to no money in my pockets and more in the pockets of foreigners and the elite rich in America.

Way to look out for the people that elected you, ya son of a bitch!

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by worldbefree
How are people who make a couple dollars an hour, if that much, going to be able to afford to buy American made products. Most Americans can't afford to buy U.S. made products.

And there is the point right there.
That's why we have a deficit in Mexico that has shot through the roof.
CAFTA will be more of the same that NAFTA gave us, total shit.

The exact opposite of what is said to happen, happens.
But the rich will get richer while the poorer get poorer.

So for them NOT to persue this agreement would cost the rich money, or so they think.

So they stuck it to the blue collar worker yet again.

I've had enough of this type of representation by politicians.

Next up, The FTAA which is the final straw that puts us in bed with the EU and robs every one of us of the country we know today, and the better one we had many yesterdays ago.

I agree, Bush is an evil, vile mother fucker, just like his Daddy.

worldbefree
07-28-2005, 03:49 PM
There was an article in the NY Post of all papers the other day, I have to track it down, that discussed how one of Bushs relatives, or families members, I forget which, was involved with CNOOC 's bid for UNOCAL.

I ask myself almost everyday why I even bother following politics, it's sickening.

Dam, I would have to pay money to obtain a copy from the NY Post archives.

FORD
07-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by worldbefree

Uh, WHAT is a "US made product"?

Do they even exist anymore?

diamondD
07-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by FORD
So in other words, he did it to get Hispanic votes (as well as make his corporatist friends happy)

So what exactly are these Hispanic votes for Bush going to do?

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 05:40 PM
I can't help but follow politics these days.
If i don't pay attention i make mistakes in my choices and my conscience is a bear to deal with.

It is most certainly sickening, you are spot on there.
But even when we pay attention I have learned that only focusing on the side you support allowes the higher ups to get away with shit that is unsavory.
For as long as the voters spend their time arguing with the voters that disagree with them.
It takes the focus off of what is actually going on in Washington.

We live in a culture of power grabs, and the citizens never come first.
If we all can come to an agreement that all of our elected officials have to answer to the country as a whole, we can possibly find an even footing for everyone to unit as this country once did.

Otherwise, destruction becomes the menu item of the day, and that day is fast approaching.

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
So what exactly are these Hispanic votes for Bush going to do?

Keep most of the people fucking us in the White House when the next administration gets elected.
Bush is one man, and he isn't doing all this shit by himself.

He may be gone in '08, but some below him will remain if a Democrat doesn't throw a wrench in the plan.
And those that don't and get replaced will be replaced by more of the same.

I have spouted that Democrats lost their vision and don't have a platform.
But now i see that the Republicans are in the same boat, they just have a better disguise.

This administrations Conservative Values no longer resemble mine.

I have no idea what the hell they are doing anymore, and find myself at odds with it all.

Unchainme
07-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Warham
He did it because he's evil.

No Cheneys Evil, Bush is just his pawn in world domination. :D

diamondD
07-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Keep most of the people fucking us in the White House when the next administration gets elected.
Bush is one man, and he isn't doing all this shit by himself.

He may be gone in '08, but some below him will remain if a Democrat doesn't throw a wrench in the plan.
And those that don't and get replaced will be replaced by more of the same.

I have spouted that Democrats lost their vision and don't have a platform.
But now i see that the Republicans are in the same boat, they just have a better disguise.

This administrations Conservative Values no longer resemble mine.

I have no idea what the hell they are doing anymore, and find myself at odds with it all.

I know dude, just picking at FORD. ;)

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Uh, WHAT is a "US made product"?

Do they even exist anymore?

They do, though rare, but they do.
Problem is, they come from lower standards of production and manufacturing.

I just had an argument with my neice and nephew the other day when they were praising how great their new Toyota cars were.

I turned up the heat by giving them a lecture on buying American and their replies were basically, "Toyota's run better".

So i told them to go live in Japan if they want to support their economy and sell out their own land.

They don't understand my point at all.
They don't understand that Toyota is becoming the countries largest auto manufacturer, and by design.

They want to crush our big 3, which is also partially foreign owned as it is.

The young people of today are pretty stupid if you ask me.
But they'll see it real clear when they lose their jobs because of imports and out sourcing.

Actually, they just may end up living in Japan or China when they can't find work here.
Unfortunately, our youth will learn too late that their love for "Tuners" contributed to the downfall of their country.

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Let me also add for those who think a foreign car is better value.

I don't give a fuck if i have to fix my car every damn week, as long as it's made here at home, I will buy it.

That said, I don't have car trouble out of my American Made cars, so reliability has never been an issue for me.

I have owned about 30 cars in my lifetime, ALL but one was made in America, and the Toyota i owned for a couple of months was inherited, but i sold it ASAP and bought a '73 Roadrunner.

Now i have 20 year olds that have only owned 1 or 2 telling me about the quality of American Made cars?

That's bullshit slung by ignorant little dip shits, period.

academic punk
07-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Let me also add for those who think a foreign car is better value.

I don't give a fuck if i have to fix my car every damn week, as long as it's made here at home, I will buy it.

That said, I don't have car trouble out of my American Made cars, so reliability has never been an issue for me.

I have owned about 30 cars in my lifetime, ALL but one was made in America, and the Toyota i owned for a couple of months was inherited, but i sold it ASAP and bought a '73 Roadrunner.

Now i have 20 year olds that have only owned 1 or 2 telling me about the quality of American Made cars?

That's bullshit slung by ignorant little dip shits, period.

Dude, how fucking out of touch are you???

You're worried about your CAR being manufactured overseas??

That AMERICAN FLAG HANGING ON YOUR FRONT PORCH was manufactured overseas!!!

Parts of Air Force One are being considered to be manufactured overseas!

Hell, even our best basesball players are now manufactured overseas!!!

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm not out of touch, dude.

And all your examples prove what i'm saying.
EVERYTHING BEING MADE OVERSEAS IS THE FUCKING PROBLEM, DUDE!

And i'm not worried about it, why should i be when nobody else gives a fuck that we are on course to being a lap dog for the rest of the world.

Warham
07-28-2005, 07:14 PM
I better get rid of my Nissan. ;)

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 07:20 PM
I would recommend it, lol, but it's your choice, bro.

I just hate foreign cars, always have and always will.

academic punk
07-28-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm not out of touch, dude.

And all your examples prove what i'm saying.
EVERYTHING BEING MADE OVERSEAS IS THE FUCKING PROBLEM, DUDE!

And i'm not worried about it, why should i be when nobody else gives a fuck that we are on course to being a lap dog for the rest of the world.

I should've used an emoticon, just to make it clear I was kidding.

I'm in full 100% agreement with you. It's ludicrous the extent that we've given up any interest in being a manufacturing society. Our government seems to think that we are meant to only be a country with interests in distribution.

Problem is, tell that to the rest of us.

You've got your head on staright and I've told you before how much I value your posts. Have you begun researching looking into local office where are you as you've previously mentioned?

If not, why not? Your country - or at least your county - needs you.

academic punk
07-28-2005, 07:25 PM
For the record, I live in NYC, and rollerblade and bike everywhere.

Then again, my sister - once a proud hippie - is now a soccer mom who drives a Cadillac SUV.

I'm ashamed for my family name.

ODShowtime
07-28-2005, 08:14 PM
yay more cheap labor!

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I should've used an emoticon, just to make it clear I was kidding.

I'm in full 100% agreement with you. It's ludicrous the extent that we've given up any interest in being a manufacturing society. Our government seems to think that we are meant to only be a country with interests in distribution.

Problem is, tell that to the rest of us.

You've got your head on staright and I've told you before how much I value your posts. Have you begun researching looking into local office where are you as you've previously mentioned?

If not, why not? Your country - or at least your county - needs you.

LMMFAO, i guess i should have been clear on what a hot spot this is in my family.
It gets pretty heated when this subject comes up, and it does quite often.
My step brother works for Toyota and is a wealth of information on what their plans are in America.
They want to dominate our economy, and because their car sales do so well here, Americans are actually helping them achieve the goal.

But it isn't just cars, it's everything that we used to make that is now made overseas.

Running for city council is going to be a very expensive prospect. I would love to do it as soon as i can, but i need to raise some funds to do so...that is where i am at on that.
I attended a meeting just to sit in and get a feel for it and left thinking that it was just a bunch of people that get together and sit around a table playing God over the community.

In a word, they were "pompus", and quite full of themselves.

If i would even have a shot at it, i would definately be butting heads with these people on a regular basis.
Most of them on the council now have law degree's, mines in Photography, lol.