X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigc
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2004

how to convince WB suits bout CVH.

Utter the name Van Halen and you immediately envoke memories of summers past,when rock and roll really turned it up to the proverbial eleven.

The band achieved the remarkable feat of having 10 consecutive multi platinum albums, showcasing their appeal at the heart of the american music culture.

They were a band known for their onstage flamboyancy, their live shows were a joy to behold. For the Van Halen Fanatic, 2 DVDs showcasing live concerts during Sammy Hagar's tenure are available. These have been met with obvious commercial success, with fans lapping up the chance to once again see their legends,live.

However, as everyone knows, Van Halen were a band of 2 eras. Currently, the first era, that of frentic frontman David Lee Roth, remains unreleased on DVD. As Hagar himself once sung "you want the best of both worlds". And thats what Van Halen fans want.

During the 1978-1984 period, Van Halen played countless gigs to pumped up,wild, and sold out crowds. They were even paid $1.5 million dollars for their stunning US festival appearance. The commercial appeal of Van Halen is undeniable, with 2 of their albums(their debut and 1984,both with Roth) being awarded with the much acclaimed "Diamond status, symbolising a phenomanal 10 million sales.

Van Halen is a band with an incredible legacy. Its time for the awe inspiring spectacle that was Van Halen live during that era to be finally available to a public which longs to be taken back to a time when music was unashamedly over the top. Its been too long. As Dave himself might say "I heard ya missed us, well, we're back!"

---------------------

Apologies for the Sammy praise but I wanted to keep it "professional". I mean, this will probably go for nothing.I just felt like writing it.
  • katie
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Piss & Vinager,
    Those words from another thread come to mind

Comment

Working...