PDA

View Full Version : All 4 suspects in London attack caught

Steve Savicki
07-29-2005, 03:04 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8753016/

Big Train
07-30-2005, 12:40 AM
I find it interesting how quick they caught them. Ignoring all BCE tin hat moments here, do you ACLU types feel good or bad that these assholes we caught so quickly and hopefully will be frying as quick?

I know their "Privacy" aboard a public train was comprimised, but do you feel that outweighs this magnificent police work?

Big Train
07-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Chirp Chirp..........And there you have it.

Case CLOSED.

Nickdfresh
07-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
I find it interesting how quick they caught them. Ignoring all BCE tin hat moments here, do you ACLU types feel good or bad that these assholes we caught so quickly and hopefully will be frying as quick?

I know their "Privacy" aboard a public train was comprimised, but do you feel that outweighs this magnificent police work?

Um, "privacy issues" are not soley the privy of the left or of ACLU types. Did you not notice that the real opposition to say, putting camera's at dangerous intersections to nail red light runners, was led more by libertarian rightests and extremists Militia types? In fact I'd say it's the parnioid militia types that have the biggest problem with government putting cameras in public places.

And I not sure we don't have cameras on our trains, stores, and many other public areas. In fact, I worked for Target for a very short period of time in the 90's, and I was shocked by how much survellience there is in those stores. (And how really professional some shoplifters are to get around it!)

The cameras were a moot point when the original bombing occured since they were blown up along with the trains. The real reason the LONDON PD got these guys so quickly was the use of informants, and the fact that so much physical evidence was left behind in the second botched attack.

Big Train
07-31-2005, 11:15 AM
If you say so. Those glaring glamour shots sure did speed things along though. A clear shot of them makes the informants job that much easier.

I did not say that privacy issues were the sole province of ACLU types, but they are certainly leading the stupidity charge. All i'm saying is that here is a CLEAR case where justice was served, civil rights were not trampled and ordinary citizens had nothing to fear.

I don't understand how someone could be against that.

Nickdfresh
07-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
If you say so. Those glaring glamour shots sure did speed things along though. A clear shot of them makes the informants job that much easier.

I did not say that privacy issues were the sole province of ACLU types, but they are certainly leading the stupidity charge. All i'm saying is that here is a CLEAR case where justice was served, civil rights were not trampled and ordinary citizens had nothing to fear.

I don't understand how someone could be against that.

I don't disagree on this one. In fact, I once got into an argument with some radio tool I hardly knew regarding the issue of mounting cameras at (only) dangerous intersections to nail red-light runners. He threw the hold civil libertarian BS speil at me. And yes, he was a "conservative" radio pundit wannabe...

To tell you the truth, I have no idea what the ACLU's position of cameras in public places is in regards to "reasonable expectations of privacy"....

Seshmeister
07-31-2005, 11:04 PM
The biggest worry is that we end up getting more autoritarian legislation like you got with the Patriot Act.

Laws remain long after the original issue has long since passed.

Our last Official Secrets Act was a scary shit piece of law(I had to sign the thing once at 18 for a job so they have me for life now) and it was enacted in 1911 to deal with a spy scandal at the time and lasted 80 years.

This is why people quite rightly get stressed about shit like this.

Big Train
08-01-2005, 03:04 AM
It makes a small bit of sense to me what you say. And it is the classic "If they do this, WHERE will they stop" thinking at it's best.

I have zero problem with people objecting to ACTUAL privacy concerns, like spying on your home and such, but in a public place like a train, there is no concern about privacy. You are in PUBLIC..