PDA

View Full Version : Question about Crazy from the Heat

Big Troubles
03-14-2004, 05:11 PM
I have a quick question regarding the accuracy that Dave wrote about in his awesome autobiography. Dave wrote about how "Somebody Get me a Doctor" was written. He wrote after an incident smashing his skull and nose on the disco ball that was lowered during an appearance, I believe, in Germany? Well, if memory serves, that would be late '79 correct? Well, then how could it be possible that song appears on the Gene Simmons Demo that was used to sell the band to Warner in '76-77? Hope this makes sense.

DlocRoth
03-15-2004, 09:42 AM
I dont have my book in front of me, but wasnt it that he RECORDED SGMAD in a chair in the studio after busting his FOOT doing the drum riser jump on the back cover of VHII?

Seshmeister
03-15-2004, 10:37 AM
That would still be too late because they were playing SGMAD in 1977.

Big Troubles
03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Dave did smoke alot of pot in his day...Maybe this is just one of those time delay things for him? LOL But seriously....Does anyone know the answer to this?

Full Bug
03-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Maybe they just deceided to put it on the record after Dave's accident, sort of a fitting tune to be included....Good question though...

VHLINKS_ROCKSx2
03-15-2004, 07:12 PM
I always thought this was about doing coke, if you listen at about the 1:15 mark, it sounds ALOT like someone doing a line, that and the lyrics just seem to go with that.

Big Troubles
03-19-2004, 09:19 AM
In the demo, I do believe Dave screams "Lord Im Home", which would indicate a strong amount of drug use at the time. Lord Im high is obvious, but "lord Im Home" suggests, thats where he lives. LOL

FIRELITE
05-26-2004, 08:08 PM
I don't remember him saying he wrote it after the broken nose incident. I agree that would not be right, because it was on the Gene Simmons demo.

However, I do remember that he said he recorded it for the 2nd album with a broken foot.

I used to think that his foot was bandaged as a joke to tie in with the song on the record. It wasn't until I read the book that I realized it was really broken.

I never thought too much what it was about. I just figured every good rock band ought to have a song about a doctor somewhere in there and this was theirs.

One of my favorites by the way...

DavidLeeNatra
05-26-2004, 08:18 PM
dave sometimes just puts out a good story...don't take everything for granted...even the bible holds some strange and twisted tales... ;)

you find some story telling in CFTH if you read intensiv...

DavidLeeNatra
05-26-2004, 08:18 PM
dave sometimes just puts out a good story...don't take everything for granted...even the bible holds some strange and twisted tales... ;)

you find some story telling in CFTH if you read intensivly...

rustoffa
05-26-2004, 08:38 PM
There's the results......
http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/dangerous_goods/davidleeroth.jpg

smaz
05-27-2004, 01:49 AM
I broke my foot doing the big split jump that's on the back cover on the second Van Halen album. I was jumping off a drum riser onto cement, and I snapped a bone. Inside is a picture of me in a cast with a cane. That's how I sang "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" in the studio.

He says he recorded it in the studio with his broken foot, not created the song because of it. So that means they could have written the song quite a while before they recorded it?? Which means that it would have been able to be on the demo.