PDA

View Full Version : If given a free ticket and free transportation, would you go to a Van Hagar show?

Lou
03-14-2004, 11:20 PM
My answer: FUCK NO. I don't care if it's free, I won't enjoy it and it's wasting the REAL fans' time.

MAX
03-14-2004, 11:38 PM
NEVER!!!!!!

I had free tickets, condo and trans to the '93 LRHRN show. Same scenerio and you know what? We left halfway into the show!!! My brother had a backstage pass and he even bailed early!! The best part of that concert was Vince Neil with Steve Stevens as the opener. They blew VHagar and that is sad. That was the last time I ever saw VH live and will be unless it's the original four!!!

Dave IS VH
03-14-2004, 11:52 PM
FUCK NO, Without Dave it isn't the real Van Halen.

"being seen at a Van Hagar concert" would show I support Spammy and the fucked up version of VH even thew the ticket was free.

The only way I would go see Van Halen if Dave is involve. Other wise it's a slap in the face of Dave and classic VH.

lionsfan
03-14-2004, 11:55 PM
I'd tell the driver to take me to the David Lee Roth concert.

madraoul
03-15-2004, 12:03 AM
Nope! Not with your dick would I see this show. Hilarious is what it is. Let's see. First of all, Dave wanted to be a movie star. That's why he is no longer in the band since '85. Next, we get a guy that is the poster boy for white dysfunction. Hell, Old man Hagar can't even spell Motown. Anyway, he's kicked out for being lyrically challenged about the time of the Weather Channel movie. Now he's back!! Has there ever been a reunion tour with a second singer in rock history? If so, gimme Dio baby!!!

Cathedral
03-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Dave did not quit to be a movie star. he left siting reasons of work ethic from the brothers. Dave wanted to go right into the studio after finishing the Tour and the brothers wanted to get trashed and stay messed up all the time.......that's why Dave left the band, but i think he was just calling there bluff and had to walk to stay true to himself.

Ironically, Edward stated in an interview that was the reason they dumped Sapmmy. he just wanted to get high, screw young chicks while his wife was pregnant at home and do nothing that didn't pay out the butt....he's greedy.

My question is, since when did Edward become the poster child for work ethic?
he's such a hypocrite and a liar it is staggeringly NOT FUNNY!

To answer the question at hand....Yes i'd go if it was free.
I can't very well hit Sapmmy with rotten tomato's from my living room...

Panamark
03-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Fuck Yes !

Im in Australia, a free trip to the USA would be cool. Can I bring my new girlfriend ?? Actually, Ive got a lot of promised BJ's that I might miss out on if I bought the missus :D

Now, if this was offered to me in Oz, to see Van Hagar in Oz. No way.
Same deal as the Ga y Cherone show, I think they opened the gates
to that gig and still only half filled the room. (In Sydney).
I wasnt there, but was told of the poor attendance. Gee, didnt see that one coming :rolleyes: Did they think us Aussies are dumbfucks that will believe its Van Halen no matter who is singing ? WRONG !!

DavidLeeNatra
03-15-2004, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
To answer the question at hand....Yes i'd go if it was free.

my first answer was NO...but that is a good point to think it over again...

Seshmeister
03-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Absolutely Fucking NO!

I've seen Van Hagar(minus Eddie) once at the tour with Roth and it made me sick.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Sammy Who??
03-15-2004, 11:00 AM
FUCK NO!

Junyore Grades
03-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral

Didn't your mother ever tell you that there are starving people in Africa?
For the price of a cup of coffee, you can feed one small child, like TaQuanna, for an entire day, but just one minute of a SpamHalen show will decimate an entire Ethiopian Village. Is this what you want?
Sally Struthers is on her way, and she's pissed...!!!!

Roy Munson
03-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Yup. I'm an Eddie fan first and foremost.

bukowsky
03-15-2004, 12:01 PM
I went to a Van Hagar concert back in the early ninethies when they came to Alsterdorfer Sporthalle, Hamburg, Germany ... but the sound wasn't good and I was disappointed by the shouter. We left after fourth or fifth song ...
So, if it would be absolutely for free I would go to see Eddie and the rhythm pigs ... but I wouldn't buy any concert ticket for sure! ;)

Igosplut
03-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
the Weather Channel movie......

I thought that was a cool quote......

Big Troubles
03-15-2004, 04:27 PM
I'd rather shit mach 3 razor blades for an hour.

TMR
03-15-2004, 04:33 PM
I can't believe I see two votes for Van Hagar show.....FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't give them a dime of money, those worthless bastards!

AndyChad
03-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Fuck no!!...saw van Hagar in '93, they were shite...remember support band Little Angels being much more impressive.
Spammy was saying "we haven't been to England for years, we're going to play til you beg us to stop"......well, you weren't wrong there big guy! Seem to remember him being on the floor after an hour and a half.

tjvhou812
03-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Hell Yea I would go, im a van halen fan. i love dave but i also like sam to, i can give to sh#ts what anyone else thinks about that.

Lou
03-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Fuck Yes !

Im in Australia, a free trip to the USA would be cool. Can I bring my new girlfriend ?? Actually, Ive got a lot of promised BJ's that I might miss out on if I bought the missus :D

Now, if this was offered to me in Oz, to see Van Hagar in Oz. No way.
Same deal as the Ga y Cherone show, I think they opened the gates
to that gig and still only half filled the room. (In Sydney).
I wasnt there, but was told of the poor attendance. Gee, didnt see that one coming :rolleyes: Did they think us Aussies are dumbfucks that will believe its Van Halen no matter who is singing ? WRONG !!

My implication with free transportation was a reasonable distance from your house, if the they were playing near you. This does NOT mean a free trip to North America, it means a free limo ride to the arena, a reasonable distance from your house.

Panamark
03-15-2004, 09:22 PM
In that case FUCK NO !

Sweet Irony
03-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Come ON!!! There would have to be an exception when it comes to Panamark!!!

Id even throw in the booze!!

;)

Panamark
03-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Thanks Sweetness ! :)

You are a truly grate Sheila !! :D

Sweet Irony
03-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Id love to know you were in this country-----whatever the reason!

Panamark
03-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Will let you know if it ever happens :)

Viking
03-16-2004, 12:51 AM
I'd jump on it if I was guaranteed that I could hate-fuck Mona up the ass..........

Lou
03-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Sorry that's not part of the package. Free ticket, free limo transportation to the arena within a reasonable amount of miles from your home...that's it.

Now are you going or are you gonna tell Slapnuts and the Lying Dutchmen to shove it up their ass?

Dave IS VH
03-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Will free Beer and liquor be included?

It's the only way I could stomach a Van Hagar/Spammy concert.

:D :donkey: :donkey: :donkey:

Lou
03-16-2004, 01:13 AM
Nope, not included. If it was I know a lot of people would go, just for that.

Again, it's simply this: Free ticket in a regular seat in the arena (no luxury suite or anything fancy), free limo ride to and from the arena, within a reasonable amount of miles from your home. Everything else like food and liquor is on you.

Viking
03-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Well, if Admiral Bismarck ain't gonna be able to tap the ass-end of Mona's taco, then we ain't going!

degüello
03-20-2004, 01:06 PM
No, I would not go. I probably wouldn't even go if someone offered to pay me by-the-hour the entire time.

flappo
03-20-2004, 01:41 PM
..not even if you had a gun to my head , a pitbull at my nuts and a cheque for $10 million

Lou
03-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Well I admit I'm a sellout, if someone gave me $10 million then yes I'd go :D

flappo
03-20-2004, 02:09 PM
..if i could give it to dave to make a real rock album , maybe

..the rest i'd spend on a hitman for , oh , can't put THAT in print , can i ?

:D

Switch84
03-20-2004, 04:16 PM
:uck: Ewwww! Not if that was the LAST concert on EARTH, Honey!!!

Big Troubles
03-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:uck: Ewwww! Not if that was the LAST concert on EARTH, Honey!!!

LOL for sure. If you did go, "your doctor would tell you, you'd have to take a laxative".

ELVIS
03-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Yes I would go...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-20-2004, 04:50 PM
This is a toughie, so let me explain before you want to castrate me...

I live about 500 yards from the Ampitheater here, just on the other side of a wooded area....

I can hear every concert all season long, whether it's Shania Twain or Brittany Spears or Snoop Dogg or Rush.... Of course, the rock acts crack it up around 100db, so those shows are a little easier to hear....

Going along with that, I can hear soundchecks most of the time as well... I can distinctly remember hearing EVH wail away a few hours before the VH III tour in '98....

So even though the thought of seeing the Velveeta One front VH again just pisses me off beyond words, Edward Lodewijk was the main reason I was turned on to VH from the beginning in '78....

I won't lie to ya, I couldn't sit there in my back yard with a beer in my hand at 4pm listening to EVH during the soundcheck and not go see them live....

OK, castrate away..... ;)

Switch84
03-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

OK, castrate away..... ;) [/B]

Snip, snip!!

WARF
03-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Free Ticket....

I'd see Van Hagar....

I haven't seen Eddie live since 1984....

I'll wear my hide your sheep tour shirt and boooo at Sammy...

Switch84
03-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by WARF
Free Ticket....

I'd see Van Hagar....

I haven't seen Eddie live since 1984....

I'll wear my hide your sheep tour shirt and boooo at Sammy...

Don't forget to toss bottles of his shitty tequila at him while you're at it!

No worries...I'm positive he won't "Fuck your Grrlfriend", either. She wouldn't let him! LOL

I'm digging your Rothism, Warf Baby! ;)