X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Lumbergh
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

David Lee Roth Destroys Santa Cruz

First of all, let me preface this by saying I'm extremely fucking tired right now. I really should wait a few more hours before writing this, but what the fuck! We didnt get back into San Jose until close to 2:00 AM, and I was so adrenalized it took me forever to fall asleep. The night started with my wife and I arguing over some dumbass shit(what the fuck else is new?). This was my first Dave show in over a decade, so I wasnt in the mood. When we got in line to get in(after picking up our Will Call tickets), the dudes from a local tribute band called Hot For Teacher got in line right behind us. Cool guys. I've heard the place holds 800, and I've also heard it holds about 1000, but I have no idea. There were several YOUNG blondes slamming and grinding into me all night.........MUCH to the dismay of Mrs. Lumbergh I might add!

The opening act was a local band, and they actually werent half bad. The songs were okay pretty forgettable......and I have no idea why they were allowed to play for close to an hour, but whatever. We were literally 3 rows back, the closest I've ever been at a Dave gig. The place was PACKED. This was my wife's first Dave show, and while she loves Dave, she kept complaining about how tired she was. Dave hit the stage at 11:00..........and the smile never left my wife's(or my) face. Dave was ON FIRE, let me tell you! He sang GREAT, hardly missed a lyric, and even hit a few vintage screams! His scream during Cali Girls was straight from the early 80's! Early in the show, I saw my usually reserved wife slamming forward so she could soak up some of Dave's Jack explosion. Dave's raps and one-liners were music to my ears.............remember, I hadnt seen him live in a LONG time! Obviously for a hardcore Roth fanatic like me the setlist left a little something to be desired(he only did 3 solo tunes), but the show was so good it was easily overlooked. Dave's band was great, though Brian had a few rough spots towards the end. Dave looked great, lean and mean, shutiing up some punk ass bitches behind me who wondered "Isnt Dave fat now?" before the show. Uh, you got the wrong singer there fuck face.........head over to a Red Cocksucker show if you wanna see a fat fucking pig take the stage!

When the show was over, we watched Dave walk offstage, and just as he was about to walk through the door to backstage, I thought he was gonna wave to the still cheering crowd. Nope. What he did was grab one of his guys and point out a trio of young blondes up in the balcony who he had been bantering with all during the show..........NICE! He's probably kicking them out of his room as we speak...........We took a whole roll of pic's........I'll have a shitload of them for you either later today or tommorow! Dave aint relevant? Go fuck yourself! Highlight for me? Mean Street and Somebody Get Me...... were fucking amazing!These are ALL the tunes he played, though NOT in the right order. Again the pic's are coming!

Hot For Teacher
    Mean Street
    Just Like Paradise
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Beautiful Girls
    And the Cradle Will Rock
    Jamie's Cryin'
    California Girls
    Just a Gigolo
    Unchained
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Dance the Night Away
    Panama
    Ice Cream Man
    Aint Talkin' Bout Love
    You Really Got Me
    Jump
    Last edited by Bill Lumbergh; 07-31-2005, 09:48 AM.
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Excellent report MR. LUMBERGH! Cool, thanks...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

sweet!
      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I'll get the pics up by late afternoon, early evening..............

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Bitchin!

You coming up to Eugene or what?

This, I believe, will be my 3rd Roth show...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

can't wait for the pics...you lucky bastard!

(and this is post number 4000 for mr DLN )
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• BigE
              Full On Cocktard
              • May 2004

I went to the Redding show and thought that Dave rocked and couldn't
              believe that he was even better than the last few times I saw him.
              Then last nite in Santa Cruz blew me away. Dave my not have a new
              Cd and maybe alittle less hair. But Fuck he is still the best show in
              town. The dude hasn't lost it all. I also took my wife, she ask me if
              I thought Van Halen would ever get back together. I told that the show
              I saw in Redding then last nite in Santa Cruz, I wouldn't want them to get back together. Dave and this band rock as well as Van Halen did
              and theres only good vibes. No attitudes! They just rock and have a good time. I took my kid to the Redding show and my wife to the
              Santa Cruz show. After I ask them if there was a song that they
              wished he would have played. Niether one of them could think of one.
              I understand for the people that have seen Dave the last couple years
              would like to hear some differnt tunes but this set list fucking kills.
              As for myself, yeah it would be nice to mix in a couple differnt tunes
              every now and then. Dave needs to stay out and get in peoples faces.
              The 2 shows we went to were packed. And the sound fucking killed.

Comment

• W*NK*R
                Groupie
                • Jun 2005

Wow, glad you had a good time I've never seen DLR, don't know if I ever will. Oh well I may someday.
                I rock! I'm so WTF!

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

Good Work BILL!!!

DAVE IS KICKIN' ASS THIS SUMMER!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOFOS!!!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Matt knows what I'm fuckin' talkin' bout! Thanks for the sticky PA.......I think that's the first of my career here! ROTH ON!

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                      Sniper
                      • Oct 2004

Saw some pics of this at the Links.. Dave looks AMAZING!!! Wish I'd have been there.. wicked night by the sound of it.!!

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Sounds awesome, BILL. Glad the wife enjoyed it too!
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
                          Saw some pics of this at the Links.. Dave looks AMAZING!!! Wish I'd have been there.. wicked night by the sound of it.!!

Gee, I'm so sorry my pic's arent here yet.........fucking Linker!

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                            Sniper
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                            Gee, I'm so sorry my pic's arent here yet.........fucking Linker!
                            Bill.. sweetie, ya just dont like it when some other dude cums before you!!! he he he!!! :p

He got to meet Dave too and had his pic taken with him. Bless Dave.. he even signed his BOBW cover.. now thats a cool bloke!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
                              Bill.. sweetie, ya just dont like it when some other dude cums before you!!! he he he!!! :p

He got to meet Dave too and had his pic taken with him. Bless Dave.. he even signed his BOBW cover.. now thats a cool bloke!!
                              aaaaaaaaahh...fuggit...now I have to go and check the fucking linx...
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...