PDA

View Full Version : Interesting RATT factor about CVH!

RuzDNailz
08-01-2005, 03:22 AM
http://www.therattpack.com/

I was surfing the official RATT website and was reading up on the band member info. I was reading Robbie Crane's bio and he listed the most inspirational musicians...here goes

Most Inspirational Musicians: Jimi Hendrix, Curtis Mayfield, Led Zepplin, Thin Lizzy, Janis Joplin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, David Bowie, The Sex Pistols, Van Halen (78'-83'), AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Ozzy (80'-83'), Bob Marley and the Wailers, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Sly Stone, Elvis and of course Frank Sinatra!!

Run that by us again? Van Halen (78'-83'!) Thank you very much! Another point for the good guys. Makes me always wonder what Van Hagar inspires besides wanting to drink a bottle of pepto bismal!

BrownSound1
08-01-2005, 03:26 AM
Well I'll tell you Warren DeMartini listened to his share of early Van Halen, regardless of what HIS list of influences says. I always thought he was almost blatent in his borrowing from EVH.

Molly Blue
08-01-2005, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
http://www.therattpack.com/
Run that by us again? Van Halen (78'-83'!) Thank you very much! Another point for the good guys. Makes me always wonder what Van Hagar inspires besides wanting to drink a bottle of pepto bismal!

I wonder if Van Halen (not Van Hagar) (06'-09') would hvae anything of inspirational value to offer?

DavidLeeNatra
08-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Molly Blue
I wonder if Van Halen (not Van Hagar) (06'-09') would hvae anything of inspirational value to offer?

with the condition poor edward is in? not much...

Nickdfresh
08-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Speaking of RATT, I saw this at the LINKS. Ha ha!:D

originally posted by badkaraoke
Eddie mentioned in a recent Stephen Pearcy interview. I got it from Metal Sludge's message board and I thought I would share:

q:
We once heard a rumor about a time you went out of town and your neighbors saw Eddie Van Halen in your bushes. What was Eddie doing in your bushes?

a:
Now that's funny, Eddie has been a good friend of mine for a long time. He used to live down the street from me and he'd tell his wife he was quitting drinking and leave things behind in my bushes for later consumption. I spoke to him a few months back, Eddie is cool.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=27404

He he, they were sure pissed about that one!

SloBurn
08-01-2005, 10:12 AM
It just goes to show - you can be influenced by something ans still churn out sub-par material....

Terry
08-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Well I'll tell you Warren DeMartini listened to his share of early Van Halen, regardless of what HIS list of influences says. I always thought he was almost blatent in his borrowing from EVH.

Totally. 'Specially on Out Of The Cellar and Invasion Of Your Privacy.

DeMartini and George Lynch had more than a few Van Halenisms in their playing. Easy enough to discern. Lynch even admitted as much. That's not to say I didn't enjoy their playing, but EVH played more than a passing influence in what those two were doing, least in the early/mid 1980s.

hollywood5150
08-01-2005, 03:55 PM
DeMartini sounds like EVH alot in 2 songs: You in Love, and Lay it down.

OBVIOUSLY inspired bu UNCHAINED!

see him live. It is like watching early eddie without the tapping. He even plays Charvels with one humbucker.

watch and listen he has some classic EVH in him

but then again doesnt alomost everyone?

DLR7884
08-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Speaking of RATT, I saw this at the LINKS. Ha ha!:D

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=27404

He he, they were sure pissed about that one!

LOL.

I ruined the thread, but not on purpose.

DLR7884
They don't answer my questions over there!

fret_buzz_blues
08-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Man! I have never seen Dave in a beard before!!

Antonella
08-01-2005, 09:47 PM
WHY IS DAVID LEE ROTH SO FUCKING HOT??? LOOK AT THAT FACE....JUST SAYS "FUCK ME BABY YEAH"...sorry folks....'long sigh'...it is what it is....

:moon:

fret_buzz_blues
08-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Antonella
WHY IS DAVID LEE ROTH SO FUCKING HOT??? LOOK AT THAT FACE....JUST SAYS "FUCK ME BABY YEAH"...sorry folks....'long sigh'...it is what it is....

:moon:
Haha! Yeah, I hear you...

Mr. Vengeance
08-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1

I'll say that Warren DiMartini is one of the best metal guitarists ever. I never thought he was ripping off EVH....EVERYONE in that era was influenced by EVH, but WD was different. He was one of the smoothest guitarists of the time. He and George Lynch epitomized great metal guitar in the 80's (along with EVH)

BrownSound1
08-02-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm not saying he sucked...I like Warren. I hear the EVH influence in his rhythm playing probably more than his leads.

BlimpyCHIMP™
08-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Terry
DeMartini and George Lynch had more than a few Van Halenisms in their playing.

YOU MEAN TO SAY "KILGORISMS" DONTCHA, SINCE KILGORE GAVE LESSONS TO BOTH OF EM?

HA,
BC!!

BlimpyCHIMP™
08-02-2005, 10:05 PM
BETCHA DIDNT KNOW THAT SHIT, FOCHERS

BC!!

bobgnote
08-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BlimpyCHIMP™
BETCHA DIDNT KNOW THAT SHIT, FOCHERS

BC!!

Fly with the Eagles and catch all the RATT you want, over here. Don't sleep forever, DLR.

hollywood5150
08-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Let me ask BC a question.

aside from Terry kilgore, there was a guitarist who also appeared around the same time as EVH.

He supposedly went to high school with him. he stated in a magazine in 1990.

That he invented tapping, the use of harmonics, whammy bar dives, and everything else EVH does.

He claims to have done it first although EVH gets credit for it.

in the 20 plus years of me being a guitar rock fan I have seen his name in print only a handfull of times.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHO THIS GUY IS?

HINT: (not Randy Rhoads)