PDA

View Full Version : What John Kerry really said about the Iraq war

BigBadBrian
03-15-2004, 10:39 AM
"We have evidence, collected by United Nations inspectors during those inspections that Saddam Hussein has permitted them to make, that despite his pledges at the conclusion of the war that no further work would be done in these weapons of mass destruction programs, and that all prior work and weapons that resulted from it would be destroyed, this work has continued illegally and covertly." - John Kerry, Senator (D-MA)

(Source: Congressional Record, INDICTMENT AND PROSECUTION OF SADDAM HUSSEIN, U.S. Senate, March 13, 1998)

Cathedral
03-15-2004, 11:27 AM
None of that matters when their party is not sitting behind the oval office desk.
Whether Hussien was a threat or not was only determined by which party was in control at the time.

Partisan Politics at its finest..............

Kerry is an opportunist who does and says what he thinks people want to hear with no concern if it is true or not.
If this weren't the case he would start answering questions put to him instead of claiming his patriotism is being questioned.
Ok John, your a vietnam vet, we got that........Now start answering some questions about all these things you say that are unverified...

knuckleboner
03-15-2004, 11:39 AM
what does this show? that in 1998 kerry felt saddam had WMD? great.

in 2000, bush felt that nation building was improper.

both were several years, (and events) ago.

BigBadBrian
03-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
what does this show? that in 1998 kerry felt saddam had WMD? great.

in 2000, bush felt that nation building was improper.

both were several years, (and events) ago.

"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but…it is not new. The Iraqi regime's record over the decade leaves little doubt that Saddam Hussein wants to retain his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and to expand it to include nuclear weapons." - John Kerry, Senator (D-MA)

(Source: Congressional Record, AUTHORIZATION OF THE USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES AGAINST IRAQ, U.S. Senate, October 09, 2002)

knuckleboner
03-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

October 09, 2002

much better ;)

BigBadBrian
03-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
much better ;)

I have lots more. :gulp:

Cathedral
03-15-2004, 01:45 PM
LOL @ BBB..............................

Man, this country is a flat out mess don't you agree?

Dr. Love
03-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Didn't Kerry vote in favor of the war with Iraq? (the second one)

Cathedral
03-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Kerry is against the war.........on the days he isn't for it.

I think it is funny how he spins that vote of his as an act to put pressure on Hussein to comply with UN Resolutions.

He knew full and well that Saddam would never comply and continue his flight in the face of the world.
I even knew that and i don't work anywhere near Washington, i'm just a bottom feeder in this country.

One of these days Kerry is going to bust his nads trying to leap back and forth over that fence he's been riding for years.

knuckleboner
03-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
LOL @ BBB..............................

Man, this country is a flat out mess don't you agree?

nah...it's not that bad. we don't live in a perfect world. but overall, we're still pretty good. (better than anything else out there!)

Cathedral
03-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Maybe i'll move to that new planetoid they just discovered beyond Pluto...........I could use a little rock of my own..:)