Anyone Else Think U2 is the next Rolling Stones?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Anyone Else Think U2 is the next Rolling Stones?

Think about it, They've been around for Three Decades and yet they still remain relevant. Think about it They started as a new wave band and they are the only new-Wave Band thats truly been producing hits of late, U2 is the only one. I know I'm going to get flamed for this but who cares,
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I don't feel U2 has done anything interesting during the last 10-15 years...and the earlier stuff...I don't feel it can ever be compared to the Stones...I think they're (U2) one of the most overrated bands ever.
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, Bono did originally record "Silver and Gold" with Keith Richards & Ron Wood, so that should count for something.

Nah, the Stones and U2 are two of my favorite bands, but I don't see any point in directly comparing the two.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
        I don't feel U2 has done anything interesting during the last 10-15 years...and the earlier stuff...I don't feel it can ever be compared to the Stones...I think they're (U2) one of the most overrated bands ever.
        amen...they last that's all...but so do madonna and elton john...and they suck either...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

U2 suck. They always have and always will. Their first few albums, every damn song sounded the same. One friggin' note, over and over. Add to that, Bono (dumb name) and his moralizing all the time....I wish this band would just drop off the face of the planet! Is anyone able to have a good time at a U2 concert???? How can you?
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

i think U2 are overrated and have never liked them really,but then i think the stones are pretty overrated
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• academic punk
              Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

No, they're not.

Why? because at their peak, the Stones represented something dangerous and rebellious.

U2 have always had "good guy " images, and now that Bono is running for "Most Altruistic Guy in the World", it oversahdows the band more than ever.

Besides, could you EVER imagine the Pope granting an audience to Keef??? Boy, that'd go over well..!

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Think being an all-time great band has to do with things other than longevity.

Guess in some respects U2 are right up the same alley as the Stones, in that their best music, for me, is far behind them.

U2....man, really torn over how I feel about that band. War was great. Dug the Joshua Tree. Same goes for Achtung Baby. Bono just irks me.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
                  i think U2 are overrated and have never liked them really,but then i think the stones are pretty overrated
                  be careful with the gods, junior...
                  Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

a friend of mine works as an engineer and producer in the studio where U2 recorded "achtung baby" in berlin...he said that they were all very friendly and down to earth guys...I'll give them that...though bono's lifelong march for worldpeace is annoying...
                    Roth Army Icon

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                      a friend of mine works as an engineer and producer in the studio where U2 recorded "achtung baby" in berlin...he said that they were all very friendly and down to earth guys...I'll give them that...though bono's lifelong march for worldpeace is annoying...
                      Well, it's preferable to the BCE's lifelong march for world war, isn't it?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm sure ive said this before, but I always believed that Dave's quote to the effect of: "Hey, you got a message? Call Western Union" was a direct slam of U2. So I hated them in the 80's. Then I grew up...and now they are my second favorite band...

I don't mind it when people say they suck. You got your opinion, I got mine...
                        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                          I'm sure ive said this before, but I always believed that Dave's quote to the effect of: "Hey, you got a message? Call Western Union" was a direct slam of U2. So I hated them in the 80's. Then I grew up...and now they are my second favorite band...

I don't mind it when people say they suck. You got your opinion, I got mine...

Ddin't he hate the clash too, I think he just hates bands that are too serious.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Well, it's preferable to the BCE's lifelong march for world war, isn't it?
                            touché...
                            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                              Then I grew up...and now they are my second favorite band...

really? which one is your most favorite?
                              Roth Army Icon

Comment

Working...