PDA

View Full Version : Hagar

Jahuli
08-03-2005, 08:12 AM
I KNOW THIS WILL PROBABLY GET CLOSED DOWN BECAUSE ITS CRAP AND SAYS NOTHING NEW BUT I JUST NEED TO VENT SOME HATRED:
I JUST HEARD THOSE HAGAR SUNG ROTH-ERA TRACKS THE MAN IS A BUTCHER I MUST KILL HIM I JUST HATE HIM SO MUCH - "ASS UP AGAINST THE RECORD MACHINE" YEAH REAL WITTY! WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BASTARD!

Dave's Bitch
08-03-2005, 09:01 AM
:donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey:

Nitro Express
08-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Print up some Sammy Hagar targets and go to the shooting range. Hell, just shoot a Ronald McDonald poster, Hagar and Ronald look the same.

fret_buzz_blues
08-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah...part of this site is to hate the fucker. Do what Nitro says.

VonHalen
08-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Hagar is a waste of sperm

NAHTAN
08-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Dude, don't even start trying to compare Sammy's lyrical ability to DLR's. There is no comparison. DLR has written some of the best lyrics in the history of rock. Sammy is a garage band idiot.

fret_buzz_blues
08-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by NAHTAN
Dude, don't even start trying to compare Sammy's lyrical ability to DLR's. There is no comparison. DLR has written some of the best lyrics in the history of rock. Sammy is a garage band idiot.
No, no, not GARAGE. It is GARBAGE, you mean, don't you?

Sammy Roy Hagar
08-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Hey, I'm not totally with all of this hatred towards me.

The redheads know I'm a straight up guy.

I'm an artist that gives 100% is what I do.

Can't say the same for some people whom fans here worship.

But its all good and there's enough rock n roll out there to rock out to.

Can you dig?

Aint that the truth.

:)

Terry
08-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Sammy Hagar has failed to create anything of interest to me. Ever. Nothing before, during, or after his stints with Van Halen.

Gave the guy the benefit of the doubt following the 1985 CVH split; was interested in seeing what Ed and Co. would do without Roth, although I hadn't been hoping that CVH would break up or anything like that. But it was a done deal, and I was never of the opinion that Roth OR Eddie 'was Van Halen'. Gave Sam Halen their shot again and again. CVH was a phenominal band. Van Hagar wasn't anything special to me. Have given all their stuff a fair amount of listening time to reach that conclusion. Pretty much just the way it is. Ed got lazy, and Hagar didn't have anything of interest to contribute to the band. Not too hard to figure out why Van Hagar released a bunch of bland music.

Hagar's just a frontman with average capabilities. For a guy who had a lot of shit to say about Roth, ol' Sambo made obvious attempts to borrow more than a bit of the Diamond One's style, mannerisms and persona when he landed the Van Halen gig after Dave bailed. Kinda confusing, really. Why is Hagar slamming the guy he's replacing, then going on to present himself like a carbon copy of what came before him? Never understood that one.

Bill Lumbergh
08-04-2005, 01:51 PM
I always thought it was a TERRIBLE business decision to blast Dave like they did for all those years........I guess they KNEW the majority of Dave fans wouldnt accept the new line-up so they decided to pander to the obese women and feminine men. It always makes me laugh to read the Van Hagar interviews where they talk about how "hard and heavy" the upcoming 5150 was gonna be :rolleyes:........

Terry
08-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I always thought it was a TERRIBLE business decision to blast Dave like they did for all those years........I guess they KNEW the majority of Dave fans wouldnt accept the new line-up so they decided to pander to the obese women and feminine men. It always makes me laugh to read the Van Hagar interviews where they talk about how "hard and heavy" the upcoming 5150 was gonna be :rolleyes:........

Little bit of a shock, after reading interviews for the better part of a year from Ed and Co about how Van Halen was so much better after Dave left and how great the band sounded.............

.............then 5150 was released and the bubble on all that printed nonsense burst. The fact that 5150 went #1 on the album charts made no difference to me, either. And this is coming from someone who dug CVH back in the day initially because of Ed's guitar work. I was a prime candidate to be a fan of what the band did post-Roth, and offer the usual blatherings of 'Ed's playing better than ever, the band sounds just as good as it ever did', etc.

Maybe people who went on to enjoy what Van Halen did after Roth quit really do feel that way. Perhaps Van Hagar lost some CVH fans but picked up a bunch of people who couldn't get into CVH but Van Hagar's IMO softer approach was palatable to them. Not really trying to slam anyone's individual taste. Just hard to understand how anyone could feel what Van Halen did with Hagar stacks up to the original lineup.

Bill Lumbergh
08-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Little bit of a shock, after reading interviews for the better part of a year from Ed and Co about how Van Halen was so much better after Dave left and how great the band sounded.............

.............then 5150 was released and the bubble on all that printed nonsense burst. The fact that 5150 went #1 on the album charts made no difference to me, either. And this is coming from someone who dug CVH back in the day initially because of Ed's guitar work. I was a prime candidate to be a fan of what the band did post-Roth, and offer the usual blatherings of 'Ed's playing better than ever, the band sounds just as good as it ever did', etc.

Maybe people who went on to enjoy what Van Halen did after Roth quit really do feel that way. Perhaps Van Hagar lost some CVH fans but picked up a bunch of people who couldn't get into CVH but Van Hagar's IMO softer approach was palatable to them. Not really trying to slam anyone's individual taste. Just hard to understand how anyone could feel what Van Halen did with Hagar stacks up to the original lineup.

The same people who thought Van Hagar was BETTER than CVH are the same people who consider Journey and Loverboy "hard rock" acts. As so many have said, it just wasnt the same band after Dave left. Hagar didnt help himself by slamming Dave EVERY chance he got, either.

Terry
08-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
The same people who thought Van Hagar was BETTER than CVH are the same people who consider Journey and Loverboy "hard rock" acts. As so many have said, it just wasnt the same band after Dave left. Hagar didnt help himself by slamming Dave EVERY chance he got, either.

Could understand maybe Dave and Ed/Mike/Alex having a beef with each other, but, um, where the fuck did Hagar suddenly get the idea that it was his place to say so much as 'boo' about CVH? Sam walked into a band that was already selling millions of records and filling arenas, and only did so because Roth quit. Sam at times seemed to act like the band fired Dave specifically so they could replace him with Hagar(although he never said as much).

Kinda thought the whole press war between Roth and the remainder of Van Halen was ridiculous, but it was always a pleasure to read what Roth had to say about it since he discussed the issue with his usual sense of humor. Van Hagar just came off like a bunch of whiny bitches when they spoke about it.

Bill Lumbergh
08-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Sam didnt even fucking KNOW Dave.....that's what always got me. Guess he was just spouting the company line, but still, if the new music's so great.......talk about the tunes, Dave's name doesnt need to constantly come up. You were with the guy for 11 years for fcuks sake.......Sam tries to come off as "everyman", but it's always been obvious to me that he'd fuck his mothers dead corpse for a little spotlight(since he isnt interesting enough on his own).

fret_buzz_blues
08-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah, exactly what I think. Why the fuck would Spambo be talking shit about something HE doesn't even know about? He shoulda kept his big, fat-ass, garbage-spewing mouth shut. Hell, ALL of those bitches should have shut the fuck up!

bueno bob
08-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Jahuli
I KNOW THIS WILL PROBABLY GET CLOSED DOWN BECAUSE ITS CRAP AND SAYS NOTHING NEW BUT I JUST NEED TO VENT SOME HATRED:
I JUST HEARD THOSE HAGAR SUNG ROTH-ERA TRACKS THE MAN IS A BUTCHER I MUST KILL HIM I JUST HATE HIM SO MUCH - "ASS UP AGAINST THE RECORD MACHINE" YEAH REAL WITTY! WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BASTARD!

You're in good company, here. It can't be said enough.

Dave or the Grave is still a very marketable idea!

:)

Dave's Bitch
08-04-2005, 07:57 PM
My bands t shirt

Shaun Ponsonby
08-04-2005, 08:02 PM
That was a bit random.

GAR
08-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Jahuli

I met and chatted with Sammy Hagar this past January, he didn't seem so worthy of killing or hateable to me..?

Shaun Ponsonby
08-04-2005, 08:25 PM
WHEN DID GAR GET UN-BANNED?

light 'em up!
08-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Gar's avatar rocks.