PDA

View Full Version : New Meaning to Heinz 57?

lucky wilbury
03-15-2004, 01:47 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/column_archive/0,2976,21,00.html

New Meaning to Heinz 57?

In his campaign speeches, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry often vows to go after -- "Benedict Arnold companies that ship American jobs overseas" -- but those words may come back to haunt him.

Kerry's wife is Teresa Heinz Kerry, the heir to the Heinz ketchup fortune. Columnist James Glassman reports that of the 79 factories owned by Heinz, 57 (isn't that an interesting number) are located abroad. According to it's Website, Heinz ketchup, pizza crust, baby food and more are produced in countries like Poland, Venezuela, Botswana and India.

Cathedral
03-15-2004, 02:00 PM
No biggie, he has no chance of being elected President in this country so it will be a moot issue...

I would so love to see this question put to him at one of his town hall meetings...
I already know his reply and it goes like this: "Are you questioning my patriotism? My friend i served in Vietnam with my raping and pillaging buddies. I was in the trenches and saw many a good man die before my eyes doing a job i was to scared to leave my fox hole to do myself.
I have seen the demon and his name is Bush."

He will side step it just like everything else he says but cannot prove...

Dr. Love
03-15-2004, 02:02 PM
When did those move over there??

FORD
03-15-2004, 02:05 PM
I don't think you can nail Heinz for producing and selling their products in other countries, as they have done so for years. Where Kerry and his wife become hypocrites on this one is where the corporate offices of Heinz "USA" are located. I've heard it's in the Carribean somewhere.

Cathedral
03-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Hunts is better anyway, lol...

BigBadBrian
03-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Hunts is better anyway, lol...

Nope.

Cathedral
03-16-2004, 01:09 PM
I know, but she's married to Kerry, lol...........

BigBadBrian
03-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I know, but she's married to Kerry, lol...........

More accurately, Kerry is married to her money.