The Scatologist
08-04-2005, 01:51 AM
http://www.rockforever.com/singers/jordan/vanhalen1.html

Redballjets88
08-04-2005, 01:54 AM
who is sass jordan?

DavidLeeNatra
08-04-2005, 02:10 AM
a chick ed told "if you got balls you'd have the job" as the new singer in van halen after dave...

Redballjets88
08-04-2005, 02:11 AM
ohhh i think i heard about that before but just forgot because it was involving dlr

Hardrock69
08-04-2005, 02:16 AM
Uhhh....Canadian Female Rocker....

So she told them flat out that to hire a female singer is the dumbest thing she had ever heard.....

Smart!
:)

http://www.sassjordan.com/

DavidLeeNatra
08-04-2005, 02:19 AM
the interview is a good read:

Wall of Sound: How did you end up jamming with Van Halen?

Sass Jordan: A friend of mine knew somebody in Van Halen's management office in Toronto. I was living in L.A. at the time, and one day my friend came home and said, 'Somebody in the Van Halen camp wants to get a couple of your CDs.' I just said, 'Tell them to call the record company.' Then a couple of months later, Alex Van Halen called me up and said, 'What are you doing? You wanna come over and hang out, maybe sing something for us?' I lived exactly one and a half minutes away from Ed. So I went over, and the two of them were playing me new stuff that they were working on. We hung out for about a month.

WOS: Were you much of a Van Halen fan before this?

SJ: I liked Van Halen with David Lee Roth. No offense to Sammy Hagar, but I didn't like his voice. I was not a major fan, but I respected the band.

that chick's got taste (dln)

WOS: What was the process you guys used?

SJ: Ed would leave me in the studio and say, "Can you just sing something over this particular piece of music? I'm going to listen to you. You sing whatever you want, and I'll be back." And I'd say, "I can't sing by myself!" I can't say if any of it ended up on the record because I don't remember well enough. Anyway, I didn't come up with anything brilliant, because I have to be sitting there writing with the person to do it well.

WOS: When did you get the sense that the Van Halen brothers were considering asking you to join the band?

SJ: One day it just suddenly dawned on me. I don't know how stupid I could have been to not figure it out before. I looked at them and I said, "You guys couldn't possibly be thinking of having a female singer in this band, could you?" And they went, "Why?" I said, "I think that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard in my life!"

WOS: Did Ed or Al ever ask you flat out, "Will you be the new lead singer for Van Halen?"

SJ: Those guys never said anything of the sort to me. A couple of weeks later I was talking to their manager Ray Danniels and I said, "I swear to God, I think they were thinking of having a female singer in the band." And he said, "Of course they were! Why the hell else do you think you were up there?"

they had a female singer (bette middler) in the band before and somehow after (ga y cherone)

WOS: How do you think the public would have reacted if you had gotten the job with Van Halen?

SJ: I think Van Halen would have pissed off a huge amount of their fans. The press would have had a field day. Just look at poor Gary Cherone. I've known him longer than anyone in Van Halen because we toured together in 1992. He's a very decent human being. He's never said a bad word about anyone. But I've seen all this crap written about him. To blame him for everything is really pretty rude.

WOS: Do you think Gary was a good choice for the lead vocalist of Van Halen?

SJ: [pauses] No. I don't think it made it any better. That's just my personal opinion. I think he's terrific as a person. But I don't think it brought anything new to the band.

WOS: So two years afterwards, what do you think of this whole experience?

SJ: You know what? Now, I think Van Halen should definitely use a female singer at some point, but not one of those airy-fairy types -- more somebody like me. I'd be up for it. But not if it was called Van Halen! If Ed and Al did a side project for fun, I'd love to do something like that.

squib
08-05-2005, 12:19 AM
WOS: So two years afterwards, what do you think of this whole experience?

SJ: You know what? Now, I think Van Halen should definitely use a female singer at some point, but not one of those airy-fairy types -- more somebody like me. I'd be up for it. But not if it was called Van Halen! If Ed and Al did a side project for fun, I'd love to do something like that. [/B]

if only Samy could have reasoned so well DO WHAT YOU WANT, JUST DON"T CALL IT VAN HALEN

Redballjets88
08-05-2005, 12:20 AM
is she hot?

DlocRoth
08-05-2005, 12:30 AM
You tell me...

twonabomber
08-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
Just look at poor Gary Cherone. I've known him longer than anyone in Van Halen because we toured together in 1992. He's a very decent human being. He's never said a bad word about anyone. But I've seen all this crap written about him. To blame him for everything is really pretty rude.

fuck that. he wrote those lousy fucking lyrics, he can take his lumps.

Cherone had no business being within ten feet of that band.

Brett
08-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Uh that Sass Jordan story is really fucking old. You guys gotta get out more. :)

Redballjets88
08-05-2005, 01:33 AM
id do her

twonabomber
08-05-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Brett
Uh that Sass Jordan story is really fucking old. You guys gotta get out more. :)

we really need another Pleasure Dome thread. :D

Cathedral
08-05-2005, 02:37 AM
This thread needs an enema...........