PDA

View Full Version : Ny Times Investigates Adoption Records Of Supreme Court Nominee's Children

BigBadBrian
08-04-2005, 12:47 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif

NY TIMES INVESTIGATES ADOPTION RECORDS OF SUPREME COURT NOMINEE'S CHILDREN

**Exclusive**

The NEW YORK TIMES is looking into the adoption records of the children of Supreme Court Nominee John G. Roberts, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The TIMES has investigative reporter Glen Justice hot on the case to investigate the status of adoption records of Judge Roberts’ two young children, Josie age 5 and Jack age 4, a top source reveals.

Judge Roberts and his wife Jane adopted the children when they each were infants.

Both children were adopted from Latin America.

A TIMES insider claims the look into the adoption papers are part of the paper's "standard background check."

Roberts’ young son Jack delighted millions of Americans during his father’s Supreme Court nomination announcement ceremony when he wouldn’t stop dancing while the President and his father spoke to a national television audience.

Previously the WASHINGTON POST Style section had published a story criticizing the outfits Mrs. Roberts had them wear at the announcement ceremony.

One top Washington official with knowledge of the NEW YORK TIMES action declared: “Trying to pry into the lives of the Roberts’ family like this is despicable. Children’s lives should be off limits. The TIMES is putting politics over fundamental decency.”

One top Republican official when told of the situation was incredulous. “This can’t possibly be true?”

Developing...

Link (http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3jra.htm)

Guitar Shark
08-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Oh good! The Drudge Report again... :rolleyes:

Were those kids really adopted from Latin America? They sure looked white to me.

Also, if children are "off limits" then why did Rove and Bush campaign staffers launch a whispering campaign about McCain and his adopted daughter?

FORD
08-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Oh good! The Drudge Report again... :rolleyes:

Were those kids really adopted from Latin America? They sure looked white to me.

Also, if children are "off limits" then why did Rove and Bush campaign staffers launch a whispering campaign about McCain and his adopted daughter?

Good questions, counselor.

Also, how can Closet Boy Drudge claim to have an "exclusive" on a NY Times article which includes details previously published in the Washington Post?

Doesn't sound like much of an exclusive to me. More like third-hand hearsay. But that's the right wing propaganda machine for you.

academic punk
08-05-2005, 02:30 PM
That's what investigative reporters do...they, duh, investigate.

And how do you know their research wouldn't lead them to say something POSITIVE about the Roberts'? This is the same paper with a reporter in jail b/c she wouldn't rat out Rove, so their interest in the First Amendment and its attendant reponsibilities is clear enough (to me).

Latin America, huh? Considering those are the WHITEST Latinos I have ever seen if I were a reporter I'd investigate it too!!

(it at least explains the kids' dancing, though)

BigBadBrian
08-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
That's what investigative reporters do...they, duh, investigate.

And how do you know their research wouldn't lead them to say something POSITIVE about the Roberts'? This is the same paper with a reporter in jail b/c she wouldn't rat out Rove, so their interest in the First Amendment and its attendant reponsibilities is clear enough (to me).

Latin America, huh? Considering those are the WHITEST Latinos I have ever seen if I were a reporter I'd investigate it too!!

(it at least explains the kids' dancing, though)

AP talks about cock way too much for me. All kidding aside, I think he's batting for the other team.

academic punk
08-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
AP talks about cock way too much for me. All kidding aside, I think he's batting for the other team.

Considering I didn't mention "the cock" at all in the post you're responding to, it's pretty apparent where your head is at.

Flamer.

Nickdfresh
08-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

"All kidding aside," I think you're way too fascinated with peoples' sexual preferences...

academic punk
08-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
"All kidding aside," I think you're way too fascinated with peoples' sexual preferences...

Brie is just looking for some justification to finally give up this crazy lie that is his life and come bursting - BURSTING! - out of the closet at long last (for reference, see Kevin Spacey's next door neighbor in American Beauty).

Unfpotunately, you ain't gonna get it here. But, hey, you can probably find Jeff Gannon's contact number somewhere on the net.

Nickdfresh
08-06-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by academic punk
Brie is just looking for some justification to finally give up this crazy lie that is his life and come bursting - BURSTING! - out of the closet at long last (for reference, see Kevin Spacey's next door neighbor in American Beauty).

Unfpotunately, you ain't gonna get it here. But, hey, you can probably find Jeff Gannon's contact number somewhere on the net.

:D