PDA

View Full Version : Dave Never took Ritadlin as a Kid?

Unchainme
08-05-2005, 03:26 PM
I just saw this interview with Dave from another site, and he siad something like he went to the Doctor because during dinner time he would get all hyper and bang with the forks and sing TV jingles and such, and he said for him to take ridalin, and his parent decided against it, and when ever they had company over they said Dave was having "Monkey Hour" and He said "I've Turned Monkey Hour into a career". Thank God For Dave's Parents not letting him take Ridalin or we wouldn't Have ANY CVH PERIOD!

GAR
08-05-2005, 03:38 PM
"Ritalin".

I wonder if Nathan ever regretted the decision against medicating.

Apparently he regretted what DLR became in his adult years. In the office of his San Marino practice, Nathan Roth would point with both pride and regret to his Van Halen pics on his desk or wall when asked about the early days.

VonHalen
08-05-2005, 03:51 PM
why regret?

BenJammin
08-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Did they even have Ritalin back then? Or any precursor to that type of ADD drug? I thought that was an eighties thing.

BenJammin
08-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Well, I did the research to answer my own question, wow, had no idea it was around this long! Where was my prescription when I needed it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylphenidate

History

Methylphenidate was patented in 1950 by the Ciba Pharmaceutical Company (later Ciba-Geigy), a precursor to Novartis, and was initially prescribed as a treatment for depression, chronic fatigue, and narcolepsy, among other ailments. Beginning in the 1960s, it was used to treat children with ADHD, known at the time as hyperactivity or minimal brain dysfunction (MBD). Today Methylphenidate is the medication most commonly prescribed to treat ADHD around the world. According to most estimates, more than 75 percent of Methylphenidate prescriptions are written for children, with boys being about four times as likely to take Methylphenidate as girls. Production and prescription of Methylphenidate rose significantly in the 1990s, especially in the United States, as the ADHD diagnosis came to be better understood and more generally accepted within the medical and mental health communities.

Most brand-name Ritalin is produced in the United States, although methylphenidate is also produced in Mexico and Argentina by respective contract pharmaceutical manufacturers and is marketed under the brand name "Ritalin" for Novartis. In the United States, various generic forms of methylphenidate are also produced by several pharmaceutical concerns (such as Methylin, etc.), and Ritalin is also sold in the United Kingdom, Germany, and other European countries (although in much lower volumes than the United States).

Moe than Words!
08-08-2005, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
I just saw this interview with Dave from another site, and he siad something like he went to the Doctor because during dinner time he would get all hyper and bang with the forks and sing TV jingles and such, and he said for him to take ridalin, and his parent decided against it, and when ever they had company over they said Dave was having "Monkey Hour" and He said "I've Turned Monkey Hour into a career". Thank God For Dave's Parents not letting him take Ridalin or we wouldn't Have ANY CVH PERIOD!

He didn't need the drugs, all the sheep cum calmed him down just fine. :eek:

Cherone PWN3S Roth.

bueno bob
08-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Moe than Words!
He didn't need the drugs, all the sheep cum calmed him down just fine. :eek:

Cherone PWN3S Roth.

Cherone doesn't even own a penis...do you actually BELIEVE your own bullshit or does it's fucking ridiculousness strike you as amusing?

Coyote
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

Wasn't that on an old "Entertainment Tonight" bit?

Unchainme
08-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Wasn't that on an old "Entertainment Tonight" bit?

yup, he was funny as hell as usual, They showed the oakland '81 clips.

Coyote
08-08-2005, 05:31 PM
"High-velocity folk music". What a way to describe a band, eh?

Snoopy's
08-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by GAR
"Ritalin".

I wonder if Nathan ever regretted the decision against medicating.

Apparently he regretted what DLR became in his adult years. In the office of his San Marino practice, Nathan Roth would point with both pride and regret to his Van Halen pics on his desk or wall when asked about the early days.

I think that was one of the biggest things Dave had going for him in his life was the support of his parents in all that he did.

I think if Nathan had regrets later in life... it was probably more due to that he couldn't medicate all four of original members and make them chill out and resolve their differences.

What father wants to see his son go through all that?