PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Vs Dio

Shaun Ponsonby
08-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Sammy's Bitch started this debate at Algiaonline. I'm saying Freddie Mercury, she's saying Ronnie Dio.

Not many members at Algia,but there are here, so I'm asking you all, who do you prefer?

Matt White
08-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Ronnies is a KEWL dude and a Metal Legend....

FREDDIE is A GIANT..A TITAN......A FUCKING ROCK STAR!!!!!

QUEEN RULED LIVE AID in 1985.........

The KING is dead....BUT THE QUEEN LIVES ON

Coyote
08-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Both have their advantages, but... Freddie. He's the best.

bueno bob
08-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Apples and oranges, but I find Dio much easier to listen to than Queen...Queen requires a particular mood for me...with Ronnie, I can pop him on anytime and be satisfied, not always true with Queen, so I'll be the oddball on this one and cast a vote Ron's direction.

Ron's been banging his head in the business since 1958 or so anyway...Ronnie ws doing it while Freddie was dreaming about it...

Axl S
08-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Id go with Dio here because i've never really been that into Freddie.He has a great voice but i prefer almost any Dio to Queen.also Holy Diver is one of my favorite albums

Shaun Ponsonby
08-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Just because you prefer Dio's music doesn't mean you think Dio has a better voice.

The question is Who has the better voice, not who do you prefer musically.

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Ronnie J

Shaun Ponsonby
10-29-2005, 12:47 PM
That took you long enough!

loss of fools
10-29-2005, 02:02 PM
dio but only his rainbow stuff cant stand what he did in sabbath or his solo.

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
That took you long enough!

im sorry :(

Perrott
10-29-2005, 02:17 PM
F.M.'s awesome, but Dio gets the nod.

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by loss of fools
dio but only his rainbow stuff cant stand what he did in sabbath or his solo.

not even holy diver?

Soul Reaper
10-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Tough choice.....

Freddie....amazing voice, amazing frontman....
Ronnie.....amazing voice, amazing frontman....

Freddie made a more creative use of his voice....it seemed more varied than Dio's.....just listen to Seaside Rendevous on A Night at The Opera....

Freddie wins because he just does.....

Soul Reaper
10-29-2005, 03:04 PM
would Dio ever be able to do something like on The Prophet's Song or Who Wants to Live Forever?!

i think not....

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
would Dio ever be able to do something like on The Prophet's Song or Who Wants to Live Forever?!

yes

Soul Reaper
10-29-2005, 03:29 PM
If you've actually heard the songs, you may change your mind.....not many singers can harmonise themselves....

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2005, 03:33 PM
i actualy have heard those songs and i dont care much for them.Dio would do better

Big Fat Sammy
10-29-2005, 03:38 PM

i think not....

Exactly

Freddie's voice has personality and creativity...there's a sense of spirit in there...it's deep, soulful. It has character. Also he can hit very high notes with a good tone without being shrill...on the other hand....

.....Dio has always seemed cheesy to me...sounds like he's really trying hard to be "Metal" or whatever with that voice...it's good for background music for a game Dungeons And Dragons, I bet.

DavidLeeNatra
10-29-2005, 10:50 PM
dio can't hold freddies dildo...sorry but mercury is another league in EVERY way!!!! musically, as a showman, songwriter, musician AND as a singer...listen to the FM-tribute concert...many try on his songs and fail bitterly...so would RJD

mercury (still alive) could sing ANY dio song ANYTIME and would improve it...

thome
10-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Im w/ Natra on this one Its like Freddy is so or was so technically ON.

Dio just a singer in a Rock and Roll Band.A good one, A legend, But jus.

Mr Badguy
10-30-2005, 04:17 AM
I`m going for Dio as Freddie is a poofter.

:D

Dave's Bitch
10-30-2005, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
I`m going for Dio as Freddie is a poofter.

:D

LOL

Soul Reaper
10-30-2005, 07:20 AM
He was a poofter beyond belief.....

guwapo_rocker
10-30-2005, 08:21 AM
Pulease.

Soul Reaper
10-30-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Pulease.

Are you saying to my comment or someone else's?

Freddie may be a poofter, but I prefer his vocals to Dio's.....

thome
10-30-2005, 10:13 AM
Freddy went both ways, he really loved women too.I've read some
interviews with famos groupies and all say, he burnt the candle at
both ends. OOUCH!

He lived very high, fast and not long.

If were talking vocals only freddy hands down.Great Pooff!

DarkRuler
10-30-2005, 10:29 AM
DIO

Shaun Ponsonby
10-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
i actualy have heard those songs and i dont care much for them.Dio would do better

Don't lie. You haven't heard The Prophet's Song.

How long is it?
What's the odd instrument on it?
Whats it all aboot?

It doesn't suit Dio's voice. Period. He's got a great voice, he's a great frontman-but he can only sing one style.

And Dio CERTAINLY couldn't sing "Who Wants To Live Forever...?"

Shaun Ponsonby
10-30-2005, 01:15 PM

just listen to Seaside Rendevous on A Night at The Opera....

Love the middle bit in that one. How many bands have thought of doing a brass section and a woodwind section by going "doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo"-and yet have it sound real?

Shaun Ponsonby
10-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Proof that Freddie is the winner-how many other rock singers have made oprea albums wiith Spanish oprea divas. Hes the only one I can think of who has pulled it off (or who even could pull it off).

Dave's Bitch
10-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Don't lie. You haven't heard The Prophet's Song.

How long is it?
What's the odd instrument on it?
Whats it all aboot?

indeed i have

i dunno and dont care
again i dont no or care
and i couldnt give a flying fuck what its about

my opinion is fixed that any song freddie did dio could do just as good if not better.i just plain hate freddie,his voice is good but i hate every song he has done,and i have heard a good few.he wasnt great onstage imo.in terms of a frontman i think DLR beats him hands down at everything

but hey each to his own

Soul Reaper
10-30-2005, 03:01 PM
he wasnt great onstage imo

ever watched Live Aid?

it's your opinion so i'm going to flame you for it....

Soul Reaper
10-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Proof that Freddie is the winner-how many other rock singers have made oprea albums wiith Spanish oprea divas. Hes the only one I can think of who has pulled it off (or who even could pull it off).

was that How Can I Go On?

Dave's Bitch
10-30-2005, 03:14 PM

maybe other ROCK singers dont want to make OPREA albums.maybe other ROCK singers want to sing ROCK songs and make ROCK albums

Dave's Bitch
10-30-2005, 03:18 PM
ever watched Live Aid?

why is it that no one can say they dont like freddie without atleast one person saying that?

seriously

Soul Reaper
10-30-2005, 03:22 PM
well, it's just my opinion.....I think Freddie's voice is amazing.....it's an acquired taste, for sure....I still like Dio and Shaun's Cat....

Dave's Bitch
10-30-2005, 03:32 PM
well, it's just my opinion.....I think Freddie's voice is amazing.....it's an acquired taste, for sure....I still like Dio and Shaun's Cat....

fair enough.he is a good singer.i just thing its stoopid that he has reached this plateu of greatness where if anyone says they dont like him they get told to go watch this or go listen to that and they will change their mind.and how no other singer can stack up to him.and someone who doesnt like quenn will be told they have no taste or they just dont understand what they are about.its stoopid that people cant diss him in anyway.and im not just saying stuff like he was a fag so i didnt like him,or saying he cant sing.he can sing and he was good but i never did anything for me I dont think he is any better onstage than the likes of DLR or steve tyler.i think he is no better at singing than dio

Flame all the fuck you want

Soul Reaper
10-30-2005, 03:34 PM
I dont think he is any better onstage than the likes of DLR or steve tyler.

fair enough....Tyler and DLR are brilliant frontmen in their own right....

Mr Badguy
10-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Fuck this shit.

Neither of them could shine Steve Perry`s boots.

And you can take that to the bank.

Golden AWe
10-30-2005, 04:15 PM
And they're no Chas N' Dave...

lesfunk
10-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Short Italian vs. Short Zoarastrian fag...hmmmm..

Soul Reaper
10-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Fuck this shit.

Neither of them could shine Steve Perry`s boots.

And you can take that to the bank.

Maybe we should change this poll to Mercury vs Perry

Dave's Bitch
10-31-2005, 02:19 PM
Maybe we should change this poll to Mercury vs Perry

or not

Soul Reaper
10-31-2005, 02:45 PM
well, why not?

both of them were great singers....

Mr Badguy
10-31-2005, 02:51 PM
well, why not?

both of them were great singers....

Only Perry ain`t dead.

He IS a great singer.

DR CHIP
10-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Dio is the best rock singer ever...amazing pipes, longevity, and NEVER sold out....

Rockin' Ronnie is better than fudge packin Freddie....

Soul Reaper
10-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Only Perry ain`t dead.

He IS a great singer.

indeed

Freddie WAS a great singer
Perry IS a great singer

makes sense....

Dave's Bitch
10-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
Dio is the best rock singer ever...amazing pipes, longevity, and NEVER sold out....

:)

indeed he is

bastardog
10-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Dio has the best voice...period.
Who cares if Mercury can get higher notes....if by that makes all his songs sounds floffy.

If Mercury ever tried a Dio song I'm sure the song will sound floffy too.

Dio will make any Queen son sound as hard metal.

If I want to hear opera I will try Pavarotti not a floffy rock start trying opera........If I want hard rock I will try Dio!!!!

bastardog
10-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP

amen

Dave's Bitch
10-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
Dio has the best voice...period.
Who cares if Mercury can get higher notes....if by that makes all his songs sounds floffy.

If Mercury ever tried a Dio song I'm sure the song will sound floffy too.

Dio will make any Queen son sound as hard metal.

If I want to hear opera I will try Pavarotti not a floffy rock start trying opera........If I want hard rock I will try Dio!!!!

i have been trying to say

bastardog
10-31-2005, 03:37 PM
To me saying that Freddy Mercury is better that Dio is like saying that Sammy is better that Dave.

I'm Angry Again!!

thome
10-31-2005, 04:03 PM
There are a bunch of GREAT SINGERS the question to me seemed
to be i refference to BEST VOICE as in Quality of Tone or Range.

Rod Stewart is the BEST SINGER EVER in the Rock Style of the
non metal or softer rock category.Put Rod against anyone I'll
vote ROD BABY Baby!

So, Mercury over Dio any day.

WARF
10-31-2005, 04:21 PM
How can you possibly comapare the two?

Jérôme Frenchise
10-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by thome
Rod Stewart is the BEST SINGER EVER in the Rock Style of the
non metal or softer rock category.Put Rod against anyone I'll
vote ROD BABY Baby!

Rod Stewart vs John Fogerty, then... :p

Sorry, forget 'bout it!

Dave's Bitch
10-31-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by WARF
How can you possibly comapare the two?

easy.

2 great singers.which one is better?

bastardog
10-31-2005, 05:07 PM
Ok.....
A great comparison in voice to Freddy Mercury vocals:

Freddy Mercury vs Mike Tyson

thome
10-31-2005, 05:09 PM
Ok.....

Freddy Mercury vs Mike Tyson Now thats funny!:eek:

bastardog
10-31-2005, 05:10 PM
...and I rank higher Tyson

Dave's Bitch
10-31-2005, 05:12 PM
Ok.....

Freddy Mercury vs Mike Tyson

hehe

Can`t drive 55
11-01-2005, 09:52 AM
freddy is gay hagar is da man

DavidLeeNatra
11-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Can`t drive 55
freddy is gay hagar is his man

right on...

Shaun Ponsonby
11-01-2005, 12:48 PM
fair enough.he is a good singer.i just thing its stoopid that he has reached this plateu of greatness where if anyone says they dont like him they get told to go watch this or go listen to that and they will change their mind.and how no other singer can stack up to him.and someone who doesnt like quenn will be told they have no taste or they just dont understand what they are about.its stoopid that people cant diss him in anyway.and im not just saying stuff like he was a fag so i didnt like him,or saying he cant sing.he can sing and he was good but i never did anything for me I dont think he is any better onstage than the likes of DLR or steve tyler.i think he is no better at singing than dio

Flame all the fuck you want

No other singer can "stack up" to him, because he had a great voice-not a good voice. He varied his style so much, much more than Dio-who has sang the same style for 40-odd years now. When he was dying slowly of Aids, even to the point where he couldn't stand up, he was making music. Queen made 3 albums where Freddie was weak and couldn't move without hurting himself with a pain that can only be compared to being kicked in the bollocks continually for an entire weekend. Yet, he still made the videos (including one on a moving train), made the albums-and when you listen to those albums, it sounds like there is nothing wrong with him, yet you are listening to a man dying.

And I'm not bothered that you don't like Queen-what I don't like is the ignorance. To be able to say he Dio is better on stage is laughable. Freddie was voted the second greatest frontman of all time, and Dio was something like 80th. And if you believe that, then you obviously haven't seen any REAL footage of him. At Wembley in '86, he was 40, and at the time had the biggest stage anybody had ever used. And, he covered every square inch of that stage.

So, what footage did you see?

I mean, you know very well that I can't stand Axl Rose, but I admit-he was a good frontman when he did actually sho up. I don't like his voice, but it was very distinctive.

Mr Badguy
11-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Freddie was voted the second greatest frontman of all time, and Dio was something like 80th.

Voted for by whom?

I saw that poll and it was the biggest load of shit ever.

Rob Halford has got a four-out-of-five voice?

My ass.

Bon Scott (who won it) has got a five-out-of-five voice?

My ass.

Freddie second greatest frontman of all time?

My ass.

Shaun Ponsonby
11-01-2005, 01:04 PM
I know-cos he was the best.

DavidLeeNatra
11-01-2005, 01:12 PM
No other singer can "stack up" to him, because he had a great voice-not a good voice. He varied his style so much, much more than Dio-who has sang the same style for 40-odd years now. When he was dying slowly of Aids, even to the point where he couldn't stand up, he was making music. Queen made 3 albums where Freddie was weak and couldn't move without hurting himself with a pain that can only be compared to being kicked in the bollocks continually for an entire weekend. Yet, he still made the videos (including one on a moving train), made the albums-and when you listen to those albums, it sounds like there is nothing wrong with him, yet you are listening to a man dying.

And I'm not bothered that you don't like Queen-what I don't like is the ignorance. To be able to say he Dio is better on stage is laughable. Freddie was voted the second greatest frontman of all time, and Dio was something like 80th. And if you believe that, then you obviously haven't seen any REAL footage of him. At Wembley in '86, he was 40, and at the time had the biggest stage anybody had ever used. And, he covered every square inch of that stage.

I mean, you know very well that I can't stand Axl Rose, but I admit-he was a good frontman when he did actually sho up. I don't like his voice, but it was very distinctive.

I couldn't agree more !!! the best thing about dio as a frontman was when his roadies put his mike stand to a normal height and put a box on stage for dio to step on it to reach the mike...mercury is a true legend while dio is a good or very good singer...

bastardog
11-01-2005, 01:17 PM

My ass.

I agree witn Mr Badguy's ass on that

Soul Reaper
11-01-2005, 01:19 PM
btw, how can Dio make Queen sound better?

just a thought.....it seems that anti-Freddie people are saying....I don't really think Dio could do Who Wants to Live Forever or Bohemian Rhapsody....in his own distinctive voice, of course.....

....it's just my opinion and I don't think Freddie is the great because he could hit 'higher notes', even Sammy Hagar could do that.....it's just that Freddie used his voice very creativly....just like Queen, who were a very creative band....no other singer sounded like him before he was born or after he died....or during his life....

...no other singer sounded like Dio either, but he wasn't as creative as Freddie, imo....

I think that's what us Queen fans are trying to get across....

Soul Reaper
11-01-2005, 01:22 PM

My ass.

People like James Brown, David Lee Roth and Mick Jagger are better frontmen in my opinion....

bastardog
11-01-2005, 01:29 PM

Bullshit. Dio has 65 years old and still sing as the very first day....and that count also as a guy dying.
Freddy...yea at 40 was dying of AIDS so yeah he needs desperate money for treatment (I know sounds really bad the way I wrote it, but I'm just trying to point in that direction....not to offend any fan)

Freddy Mercury was voted second gratest just because Queen has more promotion over the earth that Dio (same reason that Britney is selling albums). Dio never ever had or will soldout and make a comercial album.

...and nobody is saying here that doesn't like the queen of Queen..... we all are saying that Dio is better.

Dave's Bitch
11-01-2005, 01:33 PM
ok shaun answer me this please

what did he do onstage to make him so great?

Soul Reaper
11-01-2005, 01:33 PM
fine...that's your opinion....I'm not going to call you 'stoopid' for it....

DavidLeeNatra
11-01-2005, 01:39 PM

oh oh...sorry for you young guns...I have been to queen concerts in 1982 and 1986 and mercury on stage was just larger than live! get the live at wembley DVD watch the "live aid"-vid and try to catch his magic...just outstanding!

I know that you american fellows are not so much in robbie williams but he is a fantastic entertainer and frontman and guess where he took a lot of his stage moves from and turned them into his own? dio? certainly not...

btw...when I play with my band I also use the "half-mike-stand" in some songs ;)

Dave's Bitch
11-01-2005, 01:49 PM
fine...that's your opinion....I'm not going to call you 'stoopid' for it....

huh?

bastardog
11-01-2005, 01:51 PM
OK Freddy Mercury could be more entertainment on stage....in fact I have to agree with that.
But the pool here is Who have (or had) the best voice.

bastardog
11-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Fine then I don't have to call you a "floffy rocker"

DavidLeeNatra
11-01-2005, 02:18 PM
But the pool here is Who have (or had) the best voice.

we already had that clear...

Can`t drive 55
11-02-2005, 06:21 AM
if your looking for the best showman its got to be david roth. if i had to pick the best singer i would pick sammy hagar. roll them together and you`ve got the perfect van halen frontman. rock on vh.

Dave's Bitch
11-02-2005, 12:01 PM
if your looking for the best showman its got to be david roth. if i had to pick the best singer i would pick sammy hagar. roll them together and you`ve got the perfect van halen frontman. rock on vh.

get the fuck outa my thread :mad:

Soul Reaper
11-02-2005, 12:40 PM
get the fuck outa my thread :mad:

your thread?

Dave's Bitch
11-02-2005, 01:00 PM
your thread?

the idea was mine so its atleast half mine

Soul Reaper
11-02-2005, 03:01 PM
it was your idea?

bastardog
11-02-2005, 03:03 PM

That's the faggest comment on this thread.

I preffer Shaun's cat over that buffon

Dave's Bitch
11-02-2005, 03:05 PM
it was your idea?

*sigh*

check algia

Shaun Ponsonby
11-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Bullshit. Dio has 65 years old and still sing as the very first day....and that count also as a guy dying.
Freddy...yea at 40 was dying of AIDS so yeah he needs desperate money for treatment (I know sounds really bad the way I wrote it, but I'm just trying to point in that direction....not to offend any fan)

Freddy Mercury was voted second gratest just because Queen has more promotion over the earth that Dio (same reason that Britney is selling albums). Dio never ever had or will soldout and make a comercial album.

...and nobody is saying here that doesn't like the queen of Queen..... we all are saying that Dio is better.

MONEY FOR TREATMENT-Firstly, he had all the money on earth anyway, he didn't really need to churn out material for no other reason than he wanted to keep himself busy and give him a reason to get up in the morning. Secondly, there was no real treatment for AIDS ayt that point. You could get a few pills and that was it.

Dio not selling out, but Queen did-So you are saying Bohemian Rhapsody (the song that broke Queen) was commercial sounding? Sounds the complete opposite to me. Rainbow were big, were they not? Black Sabbath were big, were they not? So, when Dio went solo, he surley should have had Rainbow fans and Black Sabbath fans buying his stuff (maybe just out of curiosity). And I don't know about you-but I think "Hungry For Heaven" sounds as commercial as fuck.

Nobody is saying that they don't like Freddie-Read DB's posts.

Shaun Ponsonby
11-03-2005, 11:31 AM

He was always busy on stage-unlike Dio who really just stands there and does devil horns (big respect to Dio for inventing a signal that would become part of metal culture, though). Plus, he managed to command just about every audience he stood in front of. Look at Live Aid-thats not even a Queen audience (in fact Queen were a late edition to the bill-so, when the tickets sold out-Queen wern't announced). Yet, during "We Will Rock You" and "Radio Ga Ga" even Princess Diana had her hands in the air. He played both guitar and Piano on stage, he covered every square inch of the stage and he had over the top clothes and said over the top things to keep you entertained.

bastardog
11-03-2005, 02:01 PM
MONEY FOR TREATMENT-Firstly, he had all the money on earth anyway, he didn't really need to churn out material for no other reason than he wanted to keep himself busy and give him a reason to get up in the morning. Secondly, there was no real treatment for AIDS ayt that point. You could get a few pills and that was it.

Dio not selling out, but Queen did-So you are saying Bohemian Rhapsody (the song that broke Queen) was commercial sounding? Sounds the complete opposite to me. Rainbow were big, were they not? Black Sabbath were big, were they not? So, when Dio went solo, he surley should have had Rainbow fans and Black Sabbath fans buying his stuff (maybe just out of curiosity). And I don't know about you-but I think "Hungry For Heaven" sounds as commercial as fuck.

Nobody is saying that they don't like Freddie-Read DB's posts.

On the money for treatment you made a valid point that at that time there were no real treatment and that he maybe just wanted to keep himsesf busy.

But on the commercial sound.....I have to say that no matter if the song broke Queen or not it still had the commercial sound (maybe not the lyrics to be a hit on US at the time).
On Dio been part of other bands and buying albums just by curiosity it could be possible but how many Sabbath or Rainbow or Dio songs receive the same exposition on radio than any Queen hits. In fact most of Queen hit where hits because of radio play, but Sabbath or Dio ones are hits just because the songs are great.

And again I do like Queen.....but Dio is the king and had better voice than Freddy.....that's why he don't need to run the stage or say good things to the public......he just need his voice and sound and for stage display the horns with finguers is a plus because we just want the music.
You don't need a great show or display when you have the voice, lyrics and sound as Dio.

Soul Reaper
11-03-2005, 02:51 PM
*sigh*

check algia

i deleted that pile of shite.....so I can't check.... :D

Soul Reaper
11-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I think "Hungry For Heaven" sounds as commercial as fuck.

The riff sounds just like the Baba O'Riley riff, which was penned by Pete Townshend.....Vivan Campbell fookin' nicked it....

Dave's Bitch
11-03-2005, 03:00 PM
The riff sounds just like the Baba O'Riley riff, which was penned by Pete Townshend.....Vivan Campbell fookin' nicked it....

so?

Dave's Bitch
11-03-2005, 03:01 PM
i deleted that pile of shite.....so I can't check.... :D

lol well hmm how come im on it now??

Soul Reaper
11-03-2005, 03:11 PM
???

i deleted it....that's impossible...

Soul Reaper
11-03-2005, 03:13 PM
wait, I musn't have done.....must get to it....

Soul Reaper
11-03-2005, 03:13 PM
...done...

Soul Reaper
11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
so?

well, it's not very original, is it?!

usually what a commerical band would do....

Dave's Bitch
11-03-2005, 03:18 PM
...done...

all gone

Atomic_Rob
11-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Shaun's cat, can't stand Freddie and I hate Ronnie James Dio as much as I hate Sammy Hagar so listening to that terrible voice of his is agony

DavidLeeNatra
11-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
Shaun's cat, because Queen were entertaining shit and Ronnie James Dio is just pure shit, i fuckin hate that little bastard.

LOL...our band room is full of posters from the mid-80'ies (one half playmates the other half bands) when we started the band and right behind the door is one of dio's stage show with all the dragons and castles...that shit was beyond pathetic :D

Atomic_Rob
11-04-2005, 07:07 AM
I find it hilarious how Dio can have dragons and castles... he never made it out of the clubs to a big enough stage! unless they his stage set was "scaled down" too :p

Golden AWe
11-04-2005, 08:14 AM
This sure is a dumb poll.

Shaun Ponsonby
11-04-2005, 01:55 PM
This thread is boring me now. Lets play hop-scotch.

bastardog
11-04-2005, 02:23 PM
After posting more than 3 times in this poll I'm starting to feel bore and also cousiosity about that famous cat that is at the same level of Freddy Mercury and Dio (the king)

Dave's Bitch
11-04-2005, 02:46 PM

i would also enjoy hop-scotch rite now

Soul Reaper
11-04-2005, 02:47 PM

Hop-scotch?!

Only females understand that.....it's a mystery to men....those numbers, what do they mean?! :cato:

Shaun's Cat wins this poll.....end of story....

Shaun Ponsonby
11-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Indeed...

Well done Pussywussums.

Golden AWe
11-07-2005, 12:07 PM
the four horsemen

flappo
11-07-2005, 01:48 PM
to even consider a one trick pony like dio above one of the all time great rock frontmen is laughable

Soul Reaper
11-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by flappo
to even consider a one trick pony like dio above one of the all time great rock frontmen is laughable

i concur with great concuring....even though I like Dio....

Shaun Ponsonby
11-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Big balls

Fanny Hair

bastardog
11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
We are talking about VOICE....not frontman. To what I have to say Dio no matter what (sure we are talking between Fred and Dio...other options may receive a different oppinion)
The best frontman ever is DLR

And this poll by sure was owned by Shawn's cat

roryrobson666
11-07-2005, 03:49 PM
ronnie, i couldnt ever properly get into queen!!! but rainbow on the other hand.....THEY ROCK (geddit???!!!)

Shaun Ponsonby
11-07-2005, 03:57 PM
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas Radio and the Big Beat
Comes out of the Virginia swamps
Cool and slow with plenty of precision
With a back beat narrow and hard to master

Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance
Others, mean and rueful of the Western dream
I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft
We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping
This is the land where the Pharaoh died

The Negroes in the forest brightly feathered
They are saying, "Forget the night.
Live with us in forests of azure.
Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
Out here we is stoned - immaculate."

Listen to this, and I'll tell you 'bout the heartache
I'll tell you 'bout the heartache and the lose of God
I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night
The meager food for souls forgot
I'll tell you 'bout the maiden with wrought iron soul

I'll tell you this
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

I'll tell you 'bout Texas Radio and the Big Beat
Soft drivin', slow and mad, like some new language

Now, listen to this, and I'll tell you 'bout the Texas
I'll tell you 'bout the Texas Radio
I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night
Wandering the Western dream
Tell you 'bout the maiden with wrought iron soul

Last_Child
11-07-2005, 04:10 PM
I Voted Mick Ronson.

End Of Story!

:mad:

Soul Reaper
11-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Last_Child
I Voted Mick Ronson.

End Of Story!

:mad:

i have the Ziggy Stardust Concert Live on DVD....such wonderment....yeah, Ronson is a great guitarist....

Shaun Ponsonby
11-09-2005, 10:41 AM
I thought he was dead.

Soul Reaper
11-09-2005, 01:57 PM
He is.....deader than a dead fish....

bastardog
11-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Dio is inmortal!!

Soul Reaper
11-09-2005, 02:04 PM
http://www.metal-rules.com/concerts/Dio/dio-finland-2003/ronnielive10.jpg

Soul Reaper
11-09-2005, 02:05 PM
http://dioivanov.spymac.net/images/Dio_EvilEye.jpg

Soul Reaper
11-09-2005, 02:05 PM
http://www.productshopnyc.com/archives/Freddie%20Mercury.jpg

Soul Reaper
11-09-2005, 02:06 PM
http://www.theretropostershop.com/Images/450x320/FreddieM.jpg

Dave's Bitch
11-09-2005, 03:58 PM

bastardog
11-09-2005, 04:39 PM
That's the spirit Dave's Bitch!!!
Dio (65 yrs) singin like the very first day.....Inmortal
Fred....well, you know he is not here, so the photo is way old

Dave's Bitch
11-09-2005, 05:17 PM
That's the spirit Dave's Bitch!!!
Dio (65 yrs) singin like the very first day.....Inmortal
Fred....well, you know he is not here, so the photo is way old

Soul Reaper
11-10-2005, 01:51 PM
http://www.rocknroll.net/gallery/2003/dio.jpg

Soul Reaper
11-10-2005, 01:52 PM
\m/\m/

bastardog
11-10-2005, 02:20 PM
\m/\m/ = Dio

Soul Reaper
11-10-2005, 02:29 PM
indeed...

Axl S
11-10-2005, 04:12 PM
i cant belive this is even a poll.what a joke

Dio is king

Shaun Ponsonby
11-11-2005, 02:01 PM
And Freddie is Queen (literally)

If you are saying its stupid because Dio wins hands down, maybe you should look at the results one last time.

I'm bored of this now. Badguy, if you're listening, close this bitch of a thread.

Soul Reaper
11-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Axl S
i cant belive this is even a poll.what a joke

I can....a comparision between two great vocalists....good idea...

Dio is king

what about The King himself....Elvis Presley?!

Why do you think Dio is king?

Close this pile of smeg thread......please