PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me with my chain?

David Van Via
08-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Right I just ordered some stompboxes, and was wondering what was the best order to use them in.

Morley Power Wah
Digitech Whammy Pedal
MXR Phaser
MXR Flanger
Boss DD5 Digital Delay

Any help would be appreciated, also if anybody has had any experience with a marshall JMP-1 let me know what you think about it.

Cheers
DVV

Matt White
08-07-2005, 12:56 AM
I'd go in the order you have listed DDV....

In the end, you'll have to experiment to find the combination you find to be best for you.......

BrownSound1
08-07-2005, 01:51 AM
I agree with Matt on the order. One thing that always bothered me was when people had distortion or overdrive pedals and they put the wah AFTER them. I've seen layouts in guitar mags telling people to do this too. I think that is crazy because to me a wah after distortion sounds like total ass.

The Marshall JMP-1 is a good sounding preamp, actually one of the better ones. I think it has 2 12AX7 tubes in it, and all kinds of MIDI whizz bang shit. I know it has an effects loop, and if it can run pedals then I would stick at least my delay in the loop. I don't know what kind of setup you're wanting to use it for, but I would think that it would be best to run it to a power amp and then to a regular cabinet. I know it has speaker emulation and all, but I'd turn that shit off. I have seen countless idiots run preamps with the speaker emulation on into guitar amps, and the sound is just awful. There is no point to it if you've already got a guitar speaker present.