PDA

View Full Version : Best DLR album

vai87
08-07-2005, 05:04 AM
What in your opinion is the best DLR album.

Personally, I am tied with EEAS/Skyscraper/ALAE.

bigc
08-07-2005, 08:39 AM
ALAE I think.

I really really dig some of the tunes on EEAS,but overall, I prefer the vibe of ALAE.

ALAE is more the sum of its parts,so to speak.

I kinda wish,being as it was only 10 tracks, they'd all been originals, I dont mind the covers, but when the originals were to the quality of big trouble and yankee rose, you want the most you can fit!!!

I liked the Tobacco Road cover but I didnt really feel the I'm Easy and Thats Life covers really added much.

canadiandlrgirl
08-07-2005, 08:12 PM
EEAS and DLR Band

knuckleboner
08-11-2005, 06:06 PM
skyscraper

yeah, it's slick and a little overproduced.

but, there are a lot of good tunes there. i love the 1-2 punch of knucklebones-just like paradise.

and hina and damn good times are quality, quality tunes.

VonHalen
08-11-2005, 06:29 PM
eat em / ALAE

jero
08-12-2005, 03:04 AM
It depends on the day! Can't say which I like most

Shaun Ponsonby
08-13-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm going with DLR Band.

Followed by ALAE.

zeronumber
08-25-2005, 11:53 AM
IN this order: (Excluding "THE BEST" And "Crazy from the Heat")

1-DLRBand
2-SkyScraper
3- Eat 'em and Smile
4- ALAE
5- YFLM
6- Diamond Dave

Three Lock Rock
08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
david fag roth never did any good records, cuz the only good one he ever did was the one that he never recorded!

faggits!

three lock rock
kickin ass and takin names
and therez no stoppin the red rockin

Shaun Ponsonby
08-25-2005, 01:04 PM
1-DLR BAND
2-ALAE
3-EEAS
4-Crazy From The Heat
5-Skyscraper
6-Diamond Dave
7-YFLM

zeronumber
08-25-2005, 03:23 PM
You actually put diamond dave at a karoke bar, higher than YFLM?

I agree, that yflm was shit...but...at least that had original material, and wasn't butchering hendrix classics.

Mezro
08-25-2005, 03:31 PM
1. ALAE/DLR Band
2. EEAS
3. YFLM
4. CFTH
5. SS - great songs, but too fucking slick and poppy
6. DD (should have called this CD Cheap Bucket of Crap)

Mezro...and there you have it...go out and fucking buy...

DavidLeeNatra
08-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
1. ALAE/DLR Band
2. EEAS
3. YFLM
4. CFTH
5. SS - great songs, but too fucking slick and poppy
6. DD (should have called this CD Cheap Bucket of Crap)

Mezro...and there you have it...go out and fucking buy...

amen to that...while ALAE is now playing :D

zeronumber
08-25-2005, 06:45 PM
I try to pick up ALAE at my local sam Goody...and was outraged...

Not only that they didn't have it...BUT THEY DON'T HAVE ANY FUCKING DIAMOND DAVE RECORDS!!!

I asked when they'll be getting more...and these mother fuckers told me that david lee roth cd's arent even in their computers!!!

I'm no longer buying any cd's from that place again in sheer protest...

Sad thing is, that the only dave cd's they had were 2 copies of Vh 1. That place sucks.

audiospectrum
08-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Fools fools fools

1. YFLM
2. Skyscraper
3. ALAE

(These all deserve a no.1 spot, and could all be swapped around with the change of weather)

5. EEAS
4. DLR Band
5. CFTH (Only because it's short and the record store still sells it at what?...30 bucks!!)
6. DD (can't comment, haven't got the album but have heard almost all the songs, but I still don't think I'm EXPERIENCED enough to comment)

But let's face it, they are all quality, mind blowing auditory masterpieces of the finest kind. They are all great, it just depends on the mood you're in.

Northern Girl
08-28-2005, 09:23 AM
1. ALAE
2. DLR Band

Warham
08-28-2005, 11:04 AM
I'll say ALAE.

40 Below rocks!

Northern Girl
08-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Are you following me? ;)

Warham
08-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Yes. Are you surprised? ;)

Northern Girl
08-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Yes. Are you surprised? ;)

No. Do you like the view from behind? ;)

Warham
08-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Assolutely.

Northern Girl
08-28-2005, 11:47 AM
You know a hot dog comes with the shake! :p

Are you hungry?

Warham
08-28-2005, 11:53 AM
I was going to ask you that.

Northern Girl
08-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Cherry Girl and Mighty Mouse
Kinda quiet girl
And she was supposed to be
Back at the house
With the kids and the dog
And "tonight we're rocketeers,"
Said Mouse

And I know a little joint upstairs
In the back
Where we can sweat it all out
And laugh
And without a doubt
They were, out

Looking for trouble
The real kind
She was a dime a dozen
And they were two of a kind

:eek:

Dirty Duck
08-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Eat Em' and Smile is truly a classic. Man did that album kick ass! I think A liitl Aint' Enough is underatted. It came out right around the time Grunge hit and unfortunatly It killed sales...there was also The Gulf War which was happening. I STILL listen to it. It was produced by Bob Rock...And next to templeman..one of my favorite producers.

audiospectrum
08-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by pascal juliard
if i must choose 3 albums : eat 'em and smile, skyscraper, and dlr band.so classic and so good. for vai 84 : real illusions: relections
passion and warfare,for the third it's a little difficult, perhaps the ultra
zone.

Passion and Warfare. One of my all-time favourite albums!!! I hear it didn't go down well with fans because he added a singer and band, but to me it's a triumphant moment in his career!! What an inspiration!

Shaun Ponsonby
09-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by zeronumber
You actually put diamond dave at a karoke bar, higher than YFLM?

I agree, that yflm was shit...but...at least that had original material, and wasn't butchering hendrix classics.

I love DD, I think its a great party album.

Dirty Duck
09-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Is Diamond Dave (The CD) Really that bad? I'm honestly scared to purchase it...

Wonder Twins
09-30-2005, 11:31 AM
ALAE. Wide array of rocking tracks. Jason Becker Kicked Ass

Loco_1984
10-30-2005, 12:24 AM
EAT AND SMILE AND SKY SCRAPER , THIS TWO WORKS MARKS THE BEGINING OF THE DLR ERA AND MADE A COALICION ON VH FANS, THATīS CREATES A DIVITION OF A CLASIC VH FANS, VH HAGAR FANS, AND CLASIC VH DLR FANS.

doctor roth
11-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by audiospectrum
Fools fools fools

1. YFLM
2. Skyscraper
3. ALAE

(These all deserve a no.1 spot, and could all be swapped around with the change of weather)

5. EEAS
4. DLR Band
5. CFTH (Only because it's short and the record store still sells it at what?...30 bucks!!)
6. DD (can't comment, haven't got the album but have heard almost all the songs, but I still don't think I'm EXPERIENCED enough to comment)

But let's face it, they are all quality, mind blowing auditory masterpieces of the finest kind. They are all great, it just depends on the mood you're in.

again with the YFLM worship audio spectrum. Ya have to different dont ya ?????? And i think the album with the singer you refer to is sex and religion numb nuts. I admit in my dreams is a cool tune.

doctor roth
11-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Its gotta be EEAS hands down. All the albums had great moments but EEAS was the strongest as a whole

audiospectrum
11-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by doctor roth
again with the YFLM worship audio spectrum. Ya have to different dont ya ?????? And i think the album with the singer you refer to is sex and religion numb nuts. I admit in my dreams is a cool tune.

Different??? You honestly think I would say it to be different??? You don't really know me do you? No matter what anyone says, this album is closest to my heart. If only you could all hear it the way Dave wants you to hear it, it truly is his finest moment. The attitude towards life and existence at large displayed for your grotty little ears is something I model my life on.
So no way, I'm not doing it to be different, I just love it!! But we all relate to different things in different ways. It's life man, you're breathin' it.

audiospectrum
11-13-2005, 06:56 AM
Yeah Sex & Religion was it my man, how could I have let that mistake slip through? I personally like the whole box & dice, and to take one song and pump it up more than any of the others really detracts from the wonderful collection that Steve and co. presented to the world. I heard they had a lot of ego troubles when writing and recording the album, but I just sincerely relate to Steve's journey, and I wish him the best in his search. This is a truly great album that changed my life for the better. God bless Steve.

Baby's On Fire
11-13-2005, 08:54 PM
ALAE hands down.

EEAS a distant 2nd.

OULUVROTH2
12-11-2005, 12:55 AM
you all have it wrong>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Diver down With VH1 and fair warning guitar licks and 1984 drums would be the album!!!!!!!!!!!!