PDA

View Full Version : Another example of why you shouldn't believe rumors from MelodiCROCK

Flash Bastard
03-16-2004, 09:46 PM
The following is a recent update at Melodicrock.com concerning everyone's favorite whipping band, Def Leppard. Read on...

-------------------------------------------------------

DEF LEPPARD'S COVER TUNES EXPOSED!:
How's this for a scoop folks? A melodicrock.com exclusive - I previously mentioned that the new Def Leppard album to be released mid-year will be an all-covers affair. That news was shot down by one of the band's spokespersons, but I have a follow-up scoop.
I now have the full track details for the album! The CD is indeed comprised totally from covers of classic British rock bands.
Def Leppard have not yet finished the recording process, but are close. The track listing (with original artist info included) is as follows:
The Rocker (Thin Lizzy) . Heroes (David Bowie) . Icicles (Badfinger) . Stay With Me (Small Faces) . I'm the Leader Of The Gang (Gary Glitter) . Sheer Heart Attack (Queen) . Ballroom Blitz (Sweet) . Under The Roof Of Love (Geordie) . Lock Up Your Daughters (Slade) . Let's Stick Together (Bryan Ferry) . Slider (T.Rex) . Hypnosis (Mud) . It's All Over Now (Rod Stewart) . Thunderbuck Ram (Mott the Hoople)
As I have said before, I'm not a huge fan of covers albums and this is no different. I am however, pretty keen to hear the band's versions of Heroes, Sheer Heart Attack and It's All Over Now. But I could absolutely live without Ballroom Blitz and Let's Stick Together! Stay tuned for more...
---------------------------------------------------------------

Still awake? OK, Andrew's 'source' hid a message in there somewhere.

Take the first letter of each song title and put them together to form a sentence.

Yes, that's definitely a scoop of something, Andrew.

:D

twonabomber
03-16-2004, 09:52 PM
i didn't even notice that...but that's fuckin' genius.

Flash Bastard
03-16-2004, 10:00 PM
The Rocker
Heroes
Icicles
Stay With Me

I'm the Leader Of The Gang
Sheer Heart Attack

Ballroom Blitz
Under The Roof Of Love
Lock Up Your Daughters
Let's Stick Together
Slider
Hypnosis
It's All Over Now
Thunderbuck Ram

rustoffa
03-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Flash officially has the first place trophy.Brilliant.

Flash Bastard
03-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Flash officially has the first place trophy.Brilliant.

I don't know about brilliant. It took me a week to figure out. LOL.

Cathedral
03-16-2004, 10:31 PM
A week?
I wouldn't have figured that out in two lifetimes...it never would have dawned on me.........But that's basically because i don't care about Def Lep.........lol

Bravo, although i have to wonder if you have a little to much time on your hands, lol...

Big Troubles
03-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Yeah so whats it mean then really? That Def Leppard wont put out a covers album? I'm just saying it's pretty odd. I live in North Canada, and Ive heard that stroy on the radio just this morning, "including some tracks by David Bowie, Thin Lizzy and other British Rockers"

Or is it just Def Leppards way of sense of humour? Like OU812? LOL

Flash Bastard
03-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Yeah so whats it mean then really? That Def Leppard wont put out a covers album? I'm just saying it's pretty odd. I live in North Canada, and Ive heard that stroy on the radio just this morning, "including some tracks by David Bowie, Thin Lizzy and other British Rockers"

Or is it just Def Leppards way of sense of humour? Like OU812? LOL

Someone fed Andrew a crock of shit but it sounded good so he posted it as fact.

Def Leppard's webmaster went on record afterward and said it was complete shit and went on to question Andrew's journalistic integrity.

TMR
03-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Thanks ....damn website posts too much BULL SHIT!

Tha announcement for VAN HAGAR should of happened already....sources say...LOL

Panamark
03-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Look, I know that Van Halen, its support crew and management all live in the US, but our little Island Tasmania is the greatest source of undeniable Van Hagar information in the universe ! And dont you forget it. Just wait till the 15-16th of March you doubting bastards !!

*MELODICROCK UPDATE*

"David Coverdale to host media conference on the 17th of March to announce the Van Hagar reunion. You heard it hear first, folks !"

allsoupnofish
03-17-2004, 01:27 AM
Wow! Almost as if you had "prior knowledge" there Flash?!! THATS INCREDIBLE!!