PDA

View Full Version : Bring it on Home

OfficerJimmy
08-07-2005, 09:00 PM
It's a good song and all, but one has to wonder what the fuck was Robert Plant aiming for in the beginning and end when he sang?

I liked his harmonica playing though.

rustoffa
08-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Singing into the plughole?

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19772

OfficerJimmy
08-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Yeah, but that's not his normal singing voice in this song.

He sounds almost retarded.

rustoffa
08-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Maybe Page shoved a theramin down his throat?

Terry
08-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Definitely sounded retarded in the intro, agreed. Maybe attempting a negro bluesman imitation...Sonny Boy Williamson, or some such shit. Like he had done too much nitrous oxide...perhaps Page had him huff some Redi-Whip cans right before hitting record.

sammysucks65
08-07-2005, 10:52 PM
i never liked plant a lot.....just thought bonham and jones were the shit...ah paige is good too..but its the rythm of zepplin that moves me

tydhurst
08-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by sammysucks65
i never liked plant a lot.....just thought bonham and jones were the shit...ah paige is good too..but its the rythm of zepplin that moves me

Ahct, Robert Plant was great.

Heck, they all were!

Jahuli
08-08-2005, 02:39 AM
When they did that song live he sang normally.
ZZZEEEEEPPPPPPPEEEEEEELLLLLIIIIIIINNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Jahuli
08-08-2005, 02:41 AM
More ZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIII IINNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Bill Lumbergh
08-08-2005, 02:54 AM
Terry is right. He was just imitating some of the old bluesmen that had such a huge influence on Zep. And Plant rules.........

Christ67
08-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Plant never impressed me. Never ever liked Zepplin or should I say the "hype" of them. They ain't heavy metal. They didn't originate any aspect of their music.(everything was taken from blues) Lyrically they were a second rate Door's attempt. Musically Sabbath, Steppenwolf, Floyd and Hendrix did it harder and better than Zepplin at that time. Zepplin was a much better acoustic folk band than the "Fathers Of Heavy Metal" label people give them.
Zepplin had great musicians who were acomplished at what they did, but they were not the phenomena people assume from Zoso. One Hard Rock album dosen't make them Heavy or Hard rock. Hell Bob Dylan did more "electric" songs than Zepplin..doesn't make him a rock artist . Zepplin had a career of 12 years and 9 albums and 4 top 20 hits. Not exactly phenominal.

Terry
08-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Plant had a good voice. Never really cared for his hypereffeminate posing onstage. Dig a lot of his solo stuff. Zep was a great band, even though both Plant and Page could be abysmal onstage at times (mostly post-1972). Don't quite think every Zep track was essential stuff.