• Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

my former spanish teacher got arrested

Teacher charged with misconduct
    BY HERBERT LOWE

A Queens parochial high school teacher was arraigned Tuesday on charges of having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl who was her student, authorities said.

Cheryl Reyna, 32, a Spanish teacher at Martin Luther High School in Maspeth, was arrested on Monday at her Queens home at 60-17 60th Place, authorities said.

"The defendant is accused of taking advantage of her friendship with the victim's family, betraying the innocence of the child and endangering her moral welfare," Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement.

A teacher at the Lutheran parochial school for seven years, Reyna allegedly had sex with her student repeatedly at both of their homes between Aug. 2 and Oct. 7, officials said.

"She's denying all the charges and we're going to fight it," said Reyna's attorney, Richard Leff.

A law-enforcement source said the girl's mother "saw signs" and spoke of her suspicions to the victim's godparents.

"When the godparents confronted the girl, she admitted it," the source said.

Reyna was charged with third-degree criminal sexual act, sexual misconduct, endangering the welfare of a child and third-degree sexual abuse. If convicted, she faces up to four years in prison.

Reyna was freed on $5,000 bail set by Queens Criminal Court Judge Lenore Gerald. Her next court date is March 29.

The high school released a statement saying Reyna has been suspended pending the outcome of the case and that it is cooperating fully with authorities.

"Our prayers for healing go out to the those involved," the statement said.

"There's no good ending here," Leff said. "Even if these charges are thrown out, the woman's been devastated. It's sad for everybody."
    Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.
    Roth Army Militia
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

video

It's funny seeing people you know being interviewed.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

the one guy in the car is retarded cuz it's a private school and the board of ed has nothing to do with the school's teachers and their hiring/firing.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

So did she make a pass at you, Alley ?
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

nawh, she didn't like me too much. She set the room up where each row was made of three chairs and you had one side set up towards the windows, and the other side set up to face them. Was great cuz you could make faces at each other from across the room.

The seats set up facing the windows were by her desk and considered the good side. If she gave you a seat on that side she liked you. Even better ws if you got in the three chairs right in front of her desk. those were reserved for her favorites.

If you were put on the other side, the bad side, you weren't like. I was on the bad side.

Had the best time in that class with my two friends. And I still can't speak a word of Spanish.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Cult of Roth
            Roadie
            • Mar 2004

I think she looks sexy, in a Rosanne meets Ted Bundy kinda way...
            Roth EUAS Militia

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
              Commando
              • Mar 2003

<br />
              <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'rotharmy@localhost' (Using password: YES) in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
              "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Sarge
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by Cult of Roth

She looks ass ugly!
                ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

That IS a trip AK ...

Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• Elitest

remarkable...

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

followup --

She took a plea bargain, is a registered sex offender, and can never teach again.

found that out today at a fundraiser for my school
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

wow, the bots are not only bumping old threads, they're even choosing custom avatars!
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

is it really a bot? are they that clever now? crikey

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

if it's not a bot, then it's a real stupid motherfucker for bumping a 7 year old thread.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...