PDA

View Full Version : The VAN HALEN Sisters' Political Leanings

Nickdfresh
08-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Since we keep getting this question on DAVE, I've heard over at the LINKS that the VAN HALENS are both ardent Democrats...Anybody know anything about this?

vheddyrmv8
08-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Did Ed say that while he was sober?

fryingdutchman
08-11-2005, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Since we keep getting this question on DAVE, I've heard over at the LINKS that the VAN HALENS are both ardent Democrats...Anybody know anything about this?

Not sure Eddie's coherent enough at this point to formulate any meaningful political viewpoint.

As for Alex....he probably supports anyone who is a backer of "no-fault" divorce laws....

Nickdfresh
08-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Not sure Eddie's coherent enough at this point to formulate any meaningful political viewpoint.

As for Alex....he probably supports anyone who is a backer of "no-fault" divorce laws....
:D

Diamonds Kid
08-11-2005, 08:11 PM
dave for pres

Mr. G
08-12-2005, 01:19 AM
Well that explains partially why they don't get along with Dave. I would peg Dave just right of center.

BrownSound1
08-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Does it really matter what they think politically? No. It's all about the music.

Think about this, for most of Jimi Hendrix's career he was PRO Vietnam war...I found that funny considering he's always thought of by people as being anti-war.

The thing that bothers me are musicians and actors who act like they are "enlightened" when it comes to politics, and that everyone else is stupid. I sit there and think...I've got a TV and newspaper too, bitch! They act like they are so oppressed in their mansions...it is quite laughable.

academic punk
08-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Full Bug
08-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1

Think about this, for most of Jimi Hendrix's career he was PRO Vietnam war...I found that funny considering he's always thought of by people as being anti-war.

Thats interesting considering he couldnt wait to get out of the Army....

JIMI HENDRIX Pretended To Be Gay To Get Out Of Army

Rock legend JIMI HENDRIX pretended he was gay to get out of the US Army, a new biography reveals.

Hendrix was discharged from the 101st Airborne division in 1962, launching a musical career that would redefine the guitar, leave other rock heroes of the day speechless and culminate with his headlining performance of ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ at Woodstock in 1969.

Hendrix’s subterfuge, contained in his military medical records, is revealed for the first time in Charles Cross’s biography, Room Full Of Mirrors.

Publicly, Hendrix always claimed he was discharged after breaking his ankle on a parachute jump, but his medical records do not mention such an injury.

In regular visits to the base psychiatrist at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, in spring 1962, Hendrix complained that he was in love with one of his squad mates, Cross writes.

Finally, Capt John Halbert recommended him for discharge, citing his “homosexual tendencies” – four years before Arlo Guthrie suggested that path for avoiding military service in the protest song, ‘Alice’s Restaurant’.

Hendrix’s legendary appetite for women negates the notion that he might have been gay, Cross says. Nor, he contends, was his stunt politically motivated.

Contrary to his later image, Hendrix was an avowed anti-communist who exhibited little unease about the escalating US role in Vietnam.

He just wanted to escape the Army to play music… he had enlisted to avoid jail time after being repeatedly arrested in stolen cars in Seattle, his home town.

BrownSound1
08-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I read that the other day...he pulled a Klinger. :D

POJO_Risin
08-14-2005, 04:20 PM
lmfao...

I agree with BS1 in the fact that these fuckers profess their political views actually mean something...

Who gives a fuck what spED says or does politically...

homeboy can't even get his own fucking house in order...so the last thing I give a fuck is what he things WE should do to get our house in order...

The only way I listen to spED is if he says...don't act like me...a complete waste of a fuckhead...

BrownSound1
08-14-2005, 07:52 PM
I must say though, I've never really heard the Brothers say anything political.