Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

None of our business according to Kerry

Kerry pushes health plan
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

March 15, 2004

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, arguing that voters "are hungry for a real discussion," promoted a health care plan that he said would save consumers $1,000 each as he focused yesterday on two important Rust Belt states that have been battered by the steady drain of manufacturing jobs.

The Massachusetts senator said the swing was the opening salvo in his effort to focus the campaign on issues like health care and jobs.

"Americans struggling to pay health care don't need misleading attacks, they need meaningful answers," Kerry said at a town meeting, where he heard from workers who lost health care coverage along with their jobs. "They didn't just lose their livelihoods; they lost the health care they depend on."

Kerry said the health care crisis has worsened under President George W. Bush, with more than 1 million people a year losing coverage at a time when average health insurance premiums have increased by $793 a year.

"The millions and millions of Americans with and without health insurance who fear opening their medical bills are the unheard majority in this debate," he said. "They're not silent, they've just been ignored."

A spokesman for Bush's re-election campaign charged that Kerry has done little during a long political career in Congress to improve the nation's health care system. "He never passed a major piece of health care legislation during his 19 years in the U.S. Senate," said Steve Schmidt, the spokesman. "The only thing he has done for seniors is vote for higher taxes on Social Security benefits."

Pennsylvania is a key state that Al Gore won in 2000. Bush plans his 26th visit to the state today as he stumps in the Philadelphia suburbs.

The town meeting was contentious at times, with 52-year-old Cedric Brown, who owns a sign-making business, repeatedly pressing the candidate to name the foreign leaders whom Kerry has said are backing his campaign.

"I'm not going to betray a private conversation with anybody," Kerry said. As the crowd of several hundred people began to mutter and boo, Kerry said, "That's none of your business."

After Pennsylvania, Kerry was headed to Ohio.
    Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.

linkie
    Roth Army Militia
  • Sarge's Little Helper
    Commando
    • Mar 2003

Kerry pushes health plan
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

March 15, 2004

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, arguing that voters "are hungry for a real discussion," promoted a health care plan that he said would save consumers $1,000 each as he focused yesterday on two important Rust Belt states that have been battered by the steady drain of manufacturing jobs.

The Massachusetts senator said the swing was the opening salvo in his effort to focus the campaign on issues like health care and jobs.

"Americans struggling to pay health care don't need misleading attacks, they need meaningful answers," Kerry said at a town meeting, where he heard from workers who lost health care coverage along with their jobs. "They didn't just lose their livelihoods; they lost the health care they depend on."

Kerry said the health care crisis has worsened under President George W. Bush, with more than 1 million people a year losing coverage at a time when average health insurance premiums have increased by $793 a year.

"The millions and millions of Americans with and without health insurance who fear opening their medical bills are the unheard majority in this debate," he said. "They're not silent, they've just been ignored."

A spokesman for Bush's re-election campaign charged that Kerry has done little during a long political career in Congress to improve the nation's health care system. "He never passed a major piece of health care legislation during his 19 years in the U.S. Senate," said Steve Schmidt, the spokesman. "The only thing he has done for seniors is vote for higher taxes on Social Security benefits."

Pennsylvania is a key state that Al Gore won in 2000. Bush plans his 26th visit to the state today as he stumps in the Philadelphia suburbs.

The town meeting was contentious at times, with 52-year-old Cedric Brown, who owns a sign-making business, repeatedly pressing the candidate to name the foreign leaders whom Kerry has said are backing his campaign.

"I'm not going to betray a private conversation with anybody," Kerry said. As the crowd of several hundred people began to mutter and boo, Kerry said, "That's none of your business."

After Pennsylvania, Kerry was headed to Ohio.
    Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.

linkie
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'rotharmy@localhost' (Using password: YES) in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• wraytw

*mutter* *boo*

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
        Commando
        • Mar 2003

*mutter* *boo*
        <br />
        <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'rotharmy@localhost' (Using password: YES) in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
        "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

I hope I have the chance to ask Kerry if our boys in Iraq are criminals like his cohorts in Vietnam were.
          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
            I hope I have the chance to ask Kerry if our boys in Iraq are criminals like his cohorts in Vietnam were.
            Nope,they're just the pawns of criminals
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Yep, those dumb-ass military people need smart, liberal people to protect them from being unwitting pawns.

Comment

• Cult of Roth
                Roadie
                • Mar 2004

That's one way to get a crowd on your side; telling a bunch of potential voters to mind their own damned business, lol

After reading that, Kerry may just be as dumb as Bush...You know, just once I'd like there to be an election where I liked one of the candidates, and they actually had a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Hasn't happened yet.
                Roth EUAS Militia

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cult of Roth
                  That's one way to get a crowd on your side; telling a bunch of potential voters to mind their own damned business, lol

After reading that, Kerry may just be as dumb as Bush...You know, just once I'd like there to be an election where I liked one of the candidates, and they actually had a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Hasn't happened yet.
                  Welcome back Spider Dude!

And I agree with you... Senator Judas IsKerryot isn't much of an improvement over Junior.

Maybe he might not rape the environment as badly as Bush, and probably won't appoint hardcore fascists to the Supreme Court. But his foreign policy comes straight outa PNAC just like Junior's and that's exactly what's putting all of us at risk
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                    Yep, those dumb-ass military people need smart, liberal people to protect them from being unwitting pawns.
                    To give FORD credit there John, I believe the criminals he meant were the Clintons and other liberals.
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• SilvioDante
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

I believe this whole election was best described in 2000 by Dennis Miller as "the evil of two lessers"....

But still gonna vote for Bush.
                      "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

All elections are the "lesser of two evils"... At least in my voting lifetime. But Kerry's just dangerous. He'd be a disaster with the war on terrorism.

And Ford, how'd Bush destroy the environment (this time...)?

You libs need to get some new lines.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          To give FORD credit there John, I believe the criminals he meant were the Clintons and other liberals.
                          OK, you can throw Hillary in there, since she gave Junior's lies a standing ovation. But no true liberal voted to enable this BCE clusterfuck.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft

And Ford, how'd Bush destroy the environment (this time...)?

Don't tell me you forgot about all his Orwellian plans like the "Clear Skies" initiative, which allowed corporate polluters to spew filth into the sky at will.

Or the "Safe Forests" plan, which "preserves" forests by clearcutting them.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

So enduring mass forest fires is the answer? Interesting environmental platform...

Comment

Working...