PDA

View Full Version : None of our business according to Kerry

Ally_Kat
03-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Kerry pushes health plan
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

March 15, 2004

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, arguing that voters "are hungry for a real discussion," promoted a health care plan that he said would save consumers $1,000 each as he focused yesterday on two important Rust Belt states that have been battered by the steady drain of manufacturing jobs.

The Massachusetts senator said the swing was the opening salvo in his effort to focus the campaign on issues like health care and jobs.

"Americans struggling to pay health care don't need misleading attacks, they need meaningful answers," Kerry said at a town meeting, where he heard from workers who lost health care coverage along with their jobs. "They didn't just lose their livelihoods; they lost the health care they depend on."

Kerry said the health care crisis has worsened under President George W. Bush, with more than 1 million people a year losing coverage at a time when average health insurance premiums have increased by $793 a year.

"The millions and millions of Americans with and without health insurance who fear opening their medical bills are the unheard majority in this debate," he said. "They're not silent, they've just been ignored."

A spokesman for Bush's re-election campaign charged that Kerry has done little during a long political career in Congress to improve the nation's health care system. "He never passed a major piece of health care legislation during his 19 years in the U.S. Senate," said Steve Schmidt, the spokesman. "The only thing he has done for seniors is vote for higher taxes on Social Security benefits."

Pennsylvania is a key state that Al Gore won in 2000. Bush plans his 26th visit to the state today as he stumps in the Philadelphia suburbs.

The town meeting was contentious at times, with 52-year-old Cedric Brown, who owns a sign-making business, repeatedly pressing the candidate to name the foreign leaders whom Kerry has said are backing his campaign.

"I'm not going to betray a private conversation with anybody," Kerry said. As the crowd of several hundred people began to mutter and boo, Kerry said, "That's none of your business."

After Pennsylvania, Kerry was headed to Ohio.
Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.

linkie (http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-uscamp153708779mar15,0,6433012.story?coll=ny-nationalnews-headlines)

Sarge's Little Helper
03-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Kerry pushes health plan
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

March 15, 2004

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, arguing that voters "are hungry for a real discussion," promoted a health care plan that he said would save consumers $1,000 each as he focused yesterday on two important Rust Belt states that have been battered by the steady drain of manufacturing jobs.

The Massachusetts senator said the swing was the opening salvo in his effort to focus the campaign on issues like health care and jobs.

"Americans struggling to pay health care don't need misleading attacks, they need meaningful answers," Kerry said at a town meeting, where he heard from workers who lost health care coverage along with their jobs. "They didn't just lose their livelihoods; they lost the health care they depend on."

Kerry said the health care crisis has worsened under President George W. Bush, with more than 1 million people a year losing coverage at a time when average health insurance premiums have increased by $793 a year.

"The millions and millions of Americans with and without health insurance who fear opening their medical bills are the unheard majority in this debate," he said. "They're not silent, they've just been ignored."

A spokesman for Bush's re-election campaign charged that Kerry has done little during a long political career in Congress to improve the nation's health care system. "He never passed a major piece of health care legislation during his 19 years in the U.S. Senate," said Steve Schmidt, the spokesman. "The only thing he has done for seniors is vote for higher taxes on Social Security benefits."

Pennsylvania is a key state that Al Gore won in 2000. Bush plans his 26th visit to the state today as he stumps in the Philadelphia suburbs.

The town meeting was contentious at times, with 52-year-old Cedric Brown, who owns a sign-making business, repeatedly pressing the candidate to name the foreign leaders whom Kerry has said are backing his campaign.

"I'm not going to betray a private conversation with anybody," Kerry said. As the crowd of several hundred people began to mutter and boo, Kerry said, "That's none of your business."

After Pennsylvania, Kerry was headed to Ohio.
Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.

linkie (http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-uscamp153708779mar15,0,6433012.story?coll=ny-nationalnews-headlines)

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'rotharmy@localhost' (Using password: YES) in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />

wraytw
03-18-2004, 01:12 AM
*mutter* *boo*

Sarge's Little Helper
03-18-2004, 01:12 AM
*mutter* *boo*

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'rotharmy@localhost' (Using password: YES) in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />

BigBadBrian
03-18-2004, 06:47 AM
I hope I have the chance to ask Kerry if our boys in Iraq are criminals like his cohorts in Vietnam were. :gulp:

FORD
03-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I hope I have the chance to ask Kerry if our boys in Iraq are criminals like his cohorts in Vietnam were. :gulp:

Nope,they're just the pawns of criminals :(

John Ashcroft
03-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Yep, those dumb-ass military people need smart, liberal people to protect them from being unwitting pawns.

Cult of Roth
03-18-2004, 11:12 PM
That's one way to get a crowd on your side; telling a bunch of potential voters to mind their own damned business, lol

After reading that, Kerry may just be as dumb as Bush...You know, just once I'd like there to be an election where I liked one of the candidates, and they actually had a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Hasn't happened yet.

FORD
03-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Cult of Roth
That's one way to get a crowd on your side; telling a bunch of potential voters to mind their own damned business, lol

After reading that, Kerry may just be as dumb as Bush...You know, just once I'd like there to be an election where I liked one of the candidates, and they actually had a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Hasn't happened yet.

Welcome back Spider Dude!

And I agree with you... Senator Judas IsKerryot isn't much of an improvement over Junior.

Maybe he might not rape the environment as badly as Bush, and probably won't appoint hardcore fascists to the Supreme Court. But his foreign policy comes straight outa PNAC just like Junior's and that's exactly what's putting all of us at risk :(

BigBadBrian
03-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Yep, those dumb-ass military people need smart, liberal people to protect them from being unwitting pawns.

To give FORD credit there John, I believe the criminals he meant were the Clintons and other liberals. :gulp:

SilvioDante
03-19-2004, 08:04 AM
I believe this whole election was best described in 2000 by Dennis Miller as "the evil of two lessers"....

But still gonna vote for Bush.

John Ashcroft
03-19-2004, 08:07 AM
All elections are the "lesser of two evils"... At least in my voting lifetime. But Kerry's just dangerous. He'd be a disaster with the war on terrorism.

And Ford, how'd Bush destroy the environment (this time...)? :rolleyes:

You libs need to get some new lines.

FORD
03-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
To give FORD credit there John, I believe the criminals he meant were the Clintons and other liberals. :gulp:

OK, you can throw Hillary in there, since she gave Junior's lies a standing ovation. But no true liberal voted to enable this BCE clusterfuck.

FORD
03-19-2004, 09:24 AM

And Ford, how'd Bush destroy the environment (this time...)? :rolleyes:

Don't tell me you forgot about all his Orwellian plans like the "Clear Skies" initiative, which allowed corporate polluters to spew filth into the sky at will.

Or the "Safe Forests" plan, which "preserves" forests by clearcutting them.

John Ashcroft
03-19-2004, 09:26 AM
So enduring mass forest fires is the answer? Interesting environmental platform...

FORD
03-19-2004, 09:35 AM
So enduring mass forest fires is the answer? Interesting environmental platform...

Many forest fires are started by some fucking idiot throwing a cigarette butt out a window. Does that mean we should make tobacco illegal?

Oh right, we can't do that because they're major GOP campaign funders.

Old growth trees don't burn very easily. There's a reason some of them have been around for hundreds of years. Corporate tree farms would burn much faster than an actual forest.

Cathedral
03-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Welcome back Spider Dude!

And I agree with you... Senator Judas IsKerryot isn't much of an improvement over Junior.

Maybe he might not rape the environment as badly as Bush, and probably won't appoint hardcore fascists to the Supreme Court. But his foreign policy comes straight outa PNAC just like Junior's and that's exactly what's putting all of us at risk :(

Oh yeah, we are much better off with Liberal minded Supreme Court Justices who re-write the Constitution and rape the moral standing of our country by discarding respectable moral values in our society.

That's just great, Ford......

So you are on record as saying that having a moral balance is fascist in America...

Cathedral
03-19-2004, 09:41 AM
Many forest fires are started by some fucking idiot throwing a cigarette butt out a window. Does that mean we should make tobacco illegal?

Oh right, we can't do that because they're major GOP campaign funders.

Old growth trees don't burn very easily. There's a reason some of them have been around for hundreds of years. Corporate tree farms would burn much faster than an actual forest.

Save the Tree's but destroy the minds of our youth, nice...

I just love the priorities of the "diverse" Democratic Party.

FORD
03-19-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Oh yeah, we are much better off with Liberal minded Supreme Court Justices who re-write the Constitution and rape the moral standing of our country by discarding respectable moral values in our society.

That's just great, Ford......

So you are on record as saying that having a moral balance is fascist in America...

How the fuck would 9 right wing judges be a "balance"?

And as far as "discarding respectable moral values in our society" goes, I would say that deciding a Presidential election based on the fact that the candidate's father gave you a lifetime job would definitely meet THAT criteria.

Cathedral
03-19-2004, 10:03 AM
How is having every damn one of them being Liberal minded a "balance"?

We have had more than enough examples, and more to come, of why the current Justices are on their own mission to distort and destroy the Constitution...

Yet you think it is the Right Wingers agenda?

I personally don't see any balance at all right now, and even less with each passing news story about their rulings.

How many children are missing or have been raped and murdered because some Liberal Judge didn't lock up someone that should have been for violating parole?

Thank You!

John Ashcroft
03-19-2004, 10:12 AM
There is no "balance" in the American Judicial system. Liberalism is rampant across the nation in the Judicial system, as a result of about 60 years of Democrat majorities. Ford's just being silly.

Also, Conservatives have no "9th circuit". That's proof enough.

Cathedral
03-19-2004, 10:25 AM
If they can't be the rule makers then they are the rule breakers.
The Democratic party today does nothing more than enable Anarchy.

This Gay Marriage issue is a prime example of that....Don't like the laws, ignore them.

John Ashcroft
03-19-2004, 10:47 AM
You mean flagrantly break them...

Cathedral
03-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Yep, that's what i mean...But nobody on the left is saying "Hey, i may agree with you but we have a legal process to use to change laws we don't like."

I hope they throw the book at these people violating the law but i'm sure they'll get off (no pun intended) with a slapping of the hand.

It's those Liberal Supreme Court Justices that will look out for their cronie's and surely defend their dis-honor.

Viking
03-19-2004, 09:45 PM
I bet that before Election Day, this French-looking sumbitch gets bricks and bottles lobbed at him. And judging from the reports I've been reading about his comportment toward his Secret Service assignees, they'll just look the other way. :killer:

Switch84
03-20-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by SilvioDante
I believe this whole election was best described in 2000 by Dennis Miller as "the evil of two lessers"....

But still gonna vote for Bush.

:D Me, too. I'm fed up with this "war hero" front Kerry's trying to pimp. Being in the military (or war) doesn't make you a political genius.

Cathedral
03-20-2004, 02:54 PM
If we were to elect someone who was NOT rich i think that would be a huge step in the direction of equal representation for ALL people in America.
Putting an end to hunger and homelessness should be a political issue and fixing the things that are corrupt from the ground up, a top priority.

Getting Corporations OUT of our political process would go a long way in settling this feud between the left and the right.

If i were ever elected President of this country i would be assassinated in my first few months of Office because i would shut everyone down who currently influences our political process with money, that my friends is a plain, cold fact.

I don't know when exactly Corporations became so influential in our government, but i can wager that when the Constitution was signed this current trend was not part of it.

We need to take our country back, that is for sure, but WE THE PEOPLE are the one's that need to do that, NOT a politically charged party that only has their supporters interests in mind.
For the people, by the people, and of the people was NOT a partisan statement... it meant ALL Americans....

FORD
03-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
If we were to elect someone who was NOT rich i think that would be a huge step in the direction of equal representation for ALL people in America.
Putting an end to hunger and homelessness should be a political issue and fixing the things that are corrupt from the ground up, a top priority.

Getting Corporations OUT of our political process would go a long way in settling this feud between the left and the right.

If i were ever elected President of this country i would be assassinated in my first few months of Office because i would shut everyone down who currently influences our political process with money, that my friends is a plain, cold fact.

I don't know when exactly Corporations became so influential in our government, but i can wager that when the Constitution was signed this current trend was not part of it.

We need to take our country back, that is for sure, but WE THE PEOPLE are the one's that need to do that, NOT a politically charged party that only has their supporters interests in mind.
For the people, by the people, and of the people was NOT a partisan statement... it meant ALL Americans....

:eek:

OK, who are you, and what did you do with Cat??

Seriously, that has to be the best thing you ever posted on any of the VH websites :cool:

Sad fact is though, you would be assassinated even BEFORE you took office on that platform. Either literally, like Bobby Kennedy, or figuratively, like Howard Dean :(

steve
03-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Viking
I bet that before Election Day, this French-looking sumbitch gets bricks and bottles lobbed at him. And judging from the reports I've been reading about his comportment toward his Secret Service assignees, they'll just look the other way. :killer:

Geez - tell us how you really feel :D

For the record, let it be known that I declare myself the Pontious Pilate of the Roth Army Forums upon the FBI crackdown should this statement ever come to pass.

And for the record (addendum), replace that whole statement with "German looking sumbitch" for me.

Cathedral
03-21-2004, 12:57 AM
:eek:

OK, who are you, and what did you do with Cat??

Seriously, that has to be the best thing you ever posted on any of the VH websites :cool:

Sad fact is though, you would be assassinated even BEFORE you took office on that platform. Either literally, like Bobby Kennedy, or figuratively, like Howard Dean :(

That's just how i feel, and i am shocked at your response, totally.

This is a first but thanks for the compliment my brother...
I would seriously love the chance to clean up our political process and fix things here at home FIRST.

Money, Greed, and Deception has been our ruler for far too long.

steve
03-21-2004, 05:22 PM
http://store.publicintegrity.org/ecom/images/bk-bop_2004.jpg

Cathedral - you would like this book - it is very well researched regarding all of the cantidates and who is bribing them.

I recommend it to anyone who is going to vote for President. In a more perfect world, it would be required reading.

http://www.publicintegrity.org/default.aspx

A few of Kerry's campaign contibutors are problematic - as well as just about anyone involved in national politics. Howard Dean's campaign has its own shady dealings as well. Shit -everyone save Nader and Kuncinich has something fishy with regards to campaign contributions adn their voting record.

No one's questionable campaign contribution ethics can hold a candle to Bush and Cheney, though.