• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Julio Franco

a Phillies Rookie...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Traded to Cleveland for Von Hayes...

"Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

The beginning of the Gericurl...

and the days of POJO behind the 3rd base dugout...yelling..."JUUUULLLLLLLLIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOO OOO!!!!"

20 fucking years ago...lmfao....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Still with Cleveland...

still with the GC...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Here's the swing...great swing...still looks nearly identical...

his ring and pinky finger are actually off the end of the bat...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Julio starting to bulk up a bit...

more of an afro this year...lmfao...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

1988...his first with the Rangers...

He was dealt to Texas for Pete O'Brien...Oddibe "young again" McDowell and Jerry Browne...

I hated the deal...but at the time...Franco was considered a malcontent because the Indians had asked him to move to 2nd base in 1985...and he refused (Tony Bernazard was at 2nd base...and they were good friends...)

Franco was moved to 2nd in 1988, halfway through the year...

In Texas...he was considered a mentor to both Rafael Palmeiro and Ruben Sierra...hmmm....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

1989...Still in Texas...

and an all-star...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

another all-star year...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

His best year yet...

200 hits...15 dingers...36 SB's...and led the league in hitting with .341...

another all-star year...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Julio blows out his achilles...killing his quickness and speed...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Julio isn't signed by Texas...and heads to the Chicago White Sox, and his new position...as a slow motherfucker...

1B/DH...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Having a great year when the strike hits...

20 dingers at the time...and 98 Ribbies...with over a month left in the season...

He would return home for a year and a half during the offseason...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

back to Cleveland...

and not a Topps Card this year...interesting...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

starts in Cleveland...released...and ends up in Milwaukee...

I can't find a picture of him wearing the Milwaukee jersee though...

Comment

Working...