• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ColombianNektie
    Full On Cocktard
    • Aug 2005

Breakdown of new Van Halen book w/EVH tribute

Just go over to: stevelukather.net

Sorry, I'm too much of a friggin' numbnut to post it over here. Perhaps someone else can. But if you simply go to that site the very first thing you'll see is the article about this book. And when you click on where it says "articles" the entire breakdown of the book pops up, complete with an email where you can contact the author directly.

It sounds amazing. Although I'm still friggin' wondering whether it will be a Classic VH cover, EVH cover, or (God Forbid) Van Hagar cover?!
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

I'll be on the cover, Plus I'll be the next lead singer of the reminants of Van Halen, Via Rockstar:Van Halen, Muwahahaha, JK.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• ColombianNektie
      Full On Cocktard
      • Aug 2005

Well done, dude!! haha!!!!!

Comment

• Jurak
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2005

From the birth of the VH brothers all the way up to the recent 2004 tour, it's all here. Includes a Foreword by Brian May of Queen, as well as a tribute to Edward Van Halen by over 100 of the world's greatest musicians! From Allan Holdsworth and Steve Vai to James Hetfield and Zakk Wylde, all the greats came forward to personally share their thoughts, memories and stories about the man simply known as "King Edward." There's plenty of commentary on VH, the band, too. In fact, here's a small sampling of some of the incredible commentary provided by just a few of the more than 100 amazing musicians who participated in the tribute:

"Without a doubt, Eddie Van Halen is the greatest guitar player who has ever lived." -- Zakk Wylde

"I always thought Edward was great. He's a fantastic guitar player." -- Allan Holdsworth

"I am honored to call Ed and Al my soul brothers. It's inspirational to be near greatness like that." -- Steve Lukather

"What a wonderful musician...absolutely the pinnacle of guitar playing in our lifetime." -- Brian May

"EVH is certainly one of the top innovative virtuosos in history." -- Ted Nugent

"I think Eddie Van Halen is the Godfather of shred guitar. He is 'the one.' -- Mark Tremonti

Basically, there has never been a book of this nature done. Ever. Until now. This project was put together by a fan, for the fans. As Guitar World magazine's Alan Paul recently stated after receiving an advanced copy, "I liked what I read a lot. This book is a labor of love and all true VH fans will love it."

So if you're a true fan of VH, a true fan of hard rock, and a true fan of guitar, this is the book for you. Not only because it covers and discusses Edward Van Halen & the band in great detail, but because it also covers, discusses and gives major respect to many different players. We talk about Jimi Hendrix in this book. We talk about Eric Clapton in this book. We talk about Allan Holdsworth in this book. We talk about Randy Rhoads in this book. In fact, there is even a chapter dedicated to the late-great Randy Rhoads where the author brought in none other than Kevin DuBrow, frontman for Randy's original band, Quiet Riot. Kevin discusses everything from how he and Randy met and formed QR to what it was like to play the same club scene as VH during the mid-late 1970s and witness their growth as a band. The book includes a detailed album-by-album discography, too. And there is even an "FAQ" section which focuses on and breaks down everything from the elements that make EVH a great guitarist and the story of the frankenstrat to the story of Edward's (and Steve Lukather's) legendary collaboration with Quincy Jones & Michael Jackson on "Beat It" and the story of "Eruption." Along with much more! There's even a chapter dedicated to "Tapping" which explains the history of tapping and includes fresh commentary from such legendary players such as Steve Hackett and Harvey "The Snake" Mandel.

Please stay tuned for details in the very near future as to the price of this book, along with precisely where you can order it!!! We're literally talking a matter of weeks here...so please sit tight! However, any and all questions concerning this project can be sent directly to the author at: VanHalen101@hotmail.com

stevelukather.net, August 12th 2005
        Sorry I wasn't paying attention.......what was that again???
        Last edited by Jurak; 08-14-2005, 10:26 AM.
        "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
        That is all.
        Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Comment

• ColombianNektie
          Full On Cocktard
          • Aug 2005

Smartazz!!!

Man, that's awesome. I'm tellin' ya, I'm really lookin' forward to this friggin' book. It's about time someone recognizes and pays respect to that man and that band. And while I'm really intrigued by everything I've heard, I'm really lookin' forward to finding out who VH sold more records with, because I heard there is a chapter in this book that specifically points out and confirms who VH sold more with between DD and SH. I'm tired of all these stupid music channels goin' on and on about how VH got bigger and sold more with SH. Frankly, I just don't buy it. They certainly remained a succesful act, but I think they sold way more with DD. Hopefully this book proves it, cuz I heard it did.

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

I'll read the whole fuckin' thing to ya. Here ya go.

***CHAPTER ONE***

"In the beginning was a kid named Eddie with a lot of talent. He was met by a guy named DAVID LEE ROTH who kicked his ass and got him to actually USE it.

***CHAPTER TWO***

Unfortunately, the brightest flame burns quickest, so in 1985, David had to walk and Eddie met some dickhead named Sammy, who was pseudo-famous for putting his music onto soundtracks, and Eddie forgot how to play.

***CHAPTER THREE***

Ed finally got some sense back into his head in 1996 and called up DAVID LEE ROTH.

***CHAPTER FOUR***

But Eddie lost all sense and his brother Alex, the drummer, is a cunt.

***EPILOGUE***

Eddie totally loses his fucking mind and his brothers still a cunt.

THE END

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

GRATE read Bob......

Maybe they'll get Steve Buscemi to play EVH in the movie version..."I'M THE DRUNK"

Comment

• ColombianNektie
                Full On Cocktard
                • Aug 2005

Bwahahaha!!!

Comment

• audiospectrum
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

Wouldn't touch it, the first 6 albums are all the 'reading' I need to be doing.
                  I'm very proud of what was that band and what was that show and what it did mean to people. It disgusts me that it has turned into the complete opposite. That it now represents everything that I spoke against, that we suppoesedly represented the converse of. I don't want to have to remember that the team turned into that. Makes me question what the team was while I was a member. Was it all bullshit? If nothing else, it confirms in my mind that from my standpoint - yours truly, David Lee - not a fraction. If nothing else, this kind of morbid, wounded animal anger aimed my way has caused me to look deep into that bathroom mirror and come back to you with "my shit was legit." It was for real. And perhaps the test is time. Because here I am, a decade and a half later, haven't changed much. I look a little different, but not much. My sense of humour is about the same.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Doubt there's gonna be anything new or insightful in this book that couldn't be learned from listening to the music and compiling a bunch of Eds interviews.

Short of some CVH live stuff being released or a CVH reunion, I'm all done with Ed Van Halen.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ColombianNektie
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Aug 2005

I dunno, perhaps I'm like DD in the sense that I know he is a well-read dude. I'm definitely down to read this thing. I mean, a hundred of the baddest musicians on the planet coming forward in 2005 to pay tribute to and share their thoughts on Eddie and the band?!? Are you kidding me?!? That sounds like pretty insightful, fresh commentary to me. Shit man, that Brian May foreword alone has me sold!

Comment

• academic punk
                        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

You're kidding, right?

Page after page of guitarists going "Yeah, man, Ed changed my LIFE! he sure does know how to shread! "Eruption" was the most revolutionary thing since the toaster!"

If I want a wank fest, I'll buy a copy of Penthouse Forum and read that!

Comment

• ColombianNektie
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Aug 2005

BWAHAHAAAAAA!!! Now that's funny. Then again, if it was page after page of the baddest musicians on the planet paying tribute to DLR, well, you know you'd eat that shit up with a silver spoon. I mean, I know I would! I guess we'll see soon enuff. I've heard it's beyond just "EVH is the greatest" or "EVH kicks ass" type of commentary. Apparently there's a lot more to it than that. It's supposedly deeper than that, but again, who knows? There's been a helluva buzz goin on about this book, and according that guy at Lukather's site, it's "extraordinary." That a pretty strong word right there. Hopefully it ain't a buncha hype or bullshit, or ima hunt his ass down and piledrive him...bwahahahaha.

Comment

• cdwillis
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Feb 2005

I'll get the book at the library, Ed's not getting his beer money from me unless he does a CVH reunion tour.
                            "I've always been academic. I've trained in martial arts since my 12th birthday. I like contact sports, history books and the fine art of ridicule and sarcasm. I can gang-sign the alphabet and I own a Mercury low-rider. I am a black man trapped in a Jewish body."

Comment

• rustoffa
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Lukather's that dude from Toto right?

That's a pretty menacing name for a dipshit that plays songs about the rains in africa.

Comment

Working...