What would it be like if the break up of VH never happend

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave IS VH

What would it be like if the break up of VH never happend

If the Big Break up between Dave and VH never happened and the band was still together today, what would it be like?

Would the band have continue success with huge albums sales and sell out tours, or would they fade out, or a little of both?
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

5150 would have been a decent album.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

one would be dead...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

If Dave would have stayed for the followup to 1984, I guarantee the entire VH legacy and Dave's would be entirely better and might have kept the classic VH alive. I highly doubt that they would have lasted any longer but I'm sorry Dave prematurely ejaculated from VH.
        They just came off of 1984, he was a massive success with CFTH, the lying dutchmen were drunk, Ted Templeman was still committed to them as VH, Dave still had the power, popularity and control over the brothers.

Pure speculation on my part but, if Dave completed one more record and tour with Van Halen there would have never been Van Hagar at all. No cheese ballads and no fame beyond the "I can't eat less than 55 burgers" Spam. They would have tore the fucking roof off the rock world! Shit, I still know dudes from way back that are waiting for the followup to "1984!" The album would have been number one and would have probably sold more than 1984.

The Round Chunker came in at the most opportune time in fucking history! He was a "B or C - Grade rock star" who lucked into a band built from Ed's guitar brilliance and Dave's showmanship fucking PERIOD!!!! With the name VAN HALEN at that time and the expectations, the masses would have loved fucking Rick Springfield as Dave's replacement. Anyaway, if Dave did the lucky seventh with VH I think he could have and would have had a much more successful solo career and Van Hagar would have never gotten off of the ground.

One more thing as long as I'm babbling. If Dave would have stayed for one more record there would have never been the fucking gayest album cover in history! A fucking shirtless jarhead with a mullet holding the new Van Gaygar logo.

Since Alex was supposedly incharge of the artwork, that raises a few questions doesn't it? What, he's been married like five times and hates Dave beyond contempt? Al is a fag and I literally mean that.
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• pardo

Originally posted by Dave IS VH
          If the Big Break up between Dave and VH never happened and the band was still together today, what would it be like?

Would the band have continue success with huge albums sales and sell out tours, or would they fade out, or a little of both?
          Good question. Here's how I see it:

Musically, I think the follow up to '84 would have been decent, but not outstanding - along the lines of following up FW with DD. They'd probably fall victim to the '80's pastel colours and leg warmers a little much for my taste. Van Hagar certainly did. Dave kept his stick on the ice with EEAS - it rocked hard (obviously). But live, he had the cheesy keyboards prominant in powerhouse guitar driven songs. Sacriledge! And lets face it - Skyscraper was far from his best effort.

But the album and tour would have sold like nobodies business.

This likely would have gone on for 2 or 3 albums. They woulda been in the same slump as the Aerosmith - Done With Mirrors period. But still sellin.

I think by this point, they'd just be goin through the motions, so they'd take a break. Then, one day, they'd hear Sound Garden on the radio. Ed was a huge Nirvana fan (I wasn't particularly). The immediacy of both these bands would remind Dave and Edward whats most important - rocking your fucking face off!

I think the revitalized band would have released an album in the early '90's that would have rivaled Van Halen 1 and Fair Warning. A fucking brutal and inspired disc.

I think they woulda learned their lesson and kept it about the fucking rock. Lets face it - from '74 - '84, the band worked their asses off. You can't sprint forever, so I'd be able to overlook their slip in the '80's. As long as they returned to kickin ass.

Thats what I'd like to think woulda happened.

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

Would've, could've should've... Im kinda glad they broke up in 84. They woul've killed each other if they hadn't.
            The reunion in 96 would be what I'd be wondering about. Would they be rocking as hard as early 80's? Or would they sway to the radio way-side?
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• moose
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

Dave had already recorded the vocals for "Summer Nights" with Eddie prior to the breakup. So just think of that song with DDLR @ the helm.
              A true pure classic tune. That's what we would have gotten in the way of music. There is no way in hell that Dave would have gone for all that lovey dovey fuckin shit that Van Faggot came out with. And as for a tour well North America would have been FUCKED UP BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION. This would have just continued on and on(I have my 3yr old next to me jammin to "Runnin" one of his many favorite VH tunes) When I listen to "Me Wise Magic" I can only hope that one day these fuckin guys can get their fuckin heads out of their asses and get back to business doin what no one else can do the way the "MIGHTY VAN HALEN" can do.But until then listen to the music join the Army and last but not least "KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE"

ITS BOUND TO HAPPEN.

Comment

• Starwood

They would be where they belong - along side the greats like AC/DC and Aerosmith - touring every other summer to packed arenas around the world.

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Hey Starwood,

Yer Avatar fucking KICKS ASS!!!!
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• degüello
                    Sniper
                    • Mar 2004

One thing I can say, is that I'd have much preferred VH to have completely folded after Dave wasn't a member. Shut her down, pack it in, wrap it up, close-up-shop, that's all folks, is what should have been the case.

The Van Halen legacy would have a much stronger presence currently, if it hadn't been blurred, defaced, and defiled by the Spammy debacle afterwards, not to mention the disaster that was VHIII.
                    "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• katie
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

I don't know

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                        Sniper
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Starwood
                        They would be where they belong - along side the greats like AC/DC and Aerosmith - touring every other summer to packed arenas around the world.
                        Give me a fucking break. ACDC and ESPECIALLY Aerosmith are not in the same category as Van Halen. The greatest rock bands of all time are generally considered to be the Beatles, Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin. I would put Van Halen in the same category. ACDC is extraordinary but still not in the same league as VH. Aerosmith probably has about five good songs and I doubt they could sell out arenas today.
                        Last edited by dave_is_vh; 10-20-2007, 01:34 PM.
                        "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

If VH had not broken up they would be right up there with The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and Led Zeppelin as one of the four undisputed greatest bands of all time.

Of course maybe it is a good thing they broke up. It is better that Ed record all of that wimpy pussy rock on another singer's watch (i.e. Hagar).
                          Last edited by dave_is_vh; 10-20-2007, 01:49 PM.
                          "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

I dunno, I hate the guitar, bass and drum sounds on 5150, ugggghhhh it sounds like horseshit. Nevermind Ronald. I have to admit though I love the whole intro to 5150 and I dig that song for some reason.

It would have been a big album and better with Dave for sure, that is a given, considering they sold that crap. Enormous tour, etc. Hopefully with Dave, the sounds of the drums, guitars and basswould have been way better.

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                              I dunno, I hate the guitar, bass and drum sounds on 5150, ugggghhhh it sounds like horseshit. Nevermind Ronald. I have to admit though I love the whole intro to 5150 and I dig that song for some reason.

It would have been a big album and better with Dave for sure, that is a given, considering they sold that crap. Enormous tour, etc. Hopefully with Dave, the sounds of the drums, guitars and basswould have been way better.
                              They would have had Templeman on board, so it would probably sound as good or better then 1984... which IMO has a killer guitar sound, but I could really do without the electronic drums...
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...