PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crue

DLRdelight!
08-15-2005, 09:13 PM
I recently attended a Motley show about 3 weeks ago when they came down to Irvine California. They actually put on a hell of a show except for tommy's stupid drum hip hop thing. Just wanted to know if anyone else saw them and thoughts. Got to love the titty cam!!!!

superdave
08-15-2005, 09:21 PM
I can't stand them, but I won tickets for a show back in 87 when they were on a double bill with Whitesnake.....not too bad of a show considering...

Hardrock69
08-15-2005, 09:22 PM
I saw that tour. As much as I looked forward to seeing Whitesnake for the first time, I was bored to death.

DLRdelight!
08-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Might as well say this here also. Sum 41 threw in the intro to hot for teacher n everyone went nuts, except for all the wannab little kids. But all the old folks almost got a heart attack.

MK5150
08-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Yeah saw them in Manchester 15th June the hilight had to be Live Wire, Too young to fall in love or Dr.Feelgood. Did Tommy play a drum solo at the show you went to because he didn't in Manchester. Also did Mick have a solo spot at your show?

superdave
08-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Have always thought that their best work was 'Too Young To Fall In Love', and '10 Seconds To Love'

DLRdelight!
08-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Well it wasnt really a drum solo, but kind of playin byhimsefl to some industrial type sounds. Nothing astonishing. Mick did no one man solo thing, but has some killer riffs in my opinion. Wild Side!!!

SNIPER
08-15-2005, 11:25 PM
My band opened two dates for Crue in 99. Nikki and Tommy were such fucking cock suckers!! We were told not to have any booze or anything else back stage or we would be kicked off the tour. Thats when they were trying to keep Tommy clean i guess. those were the last two gigs with Tommy.

I will say that Vince is a fucking great guy. He was the only one that would hang and bullshit with us. Never saw Mick.

scottydabodi
08-16-2005, 01:41 AM
I saw Crue last night in New Jersey, and they Rocked Ass. Tons of Chicks, and One guy with a RothArmy shirt on, but he was talkin on his cell phone so I didn't bother him... They sounded great. Vince was good, Mick Rocked, and Tommy did NO drum solo, but did about 10 minutes of TittyCam... great show, and Sum41 sucked.

DLRdelight!
08-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Titty Cam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DLR_EngineRoom
08-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
I recently attended a Motley show about 3 weeks ago when they came down to Irvine California. They actually put on a hell of a show except for tommy's stupid drum hip hop thing. Just wanted to know if anyone else saw them and thoughts. Got to love the titty cam!!!!

I caught their show here in T.O. in February, and I'm seeing 'em again in a week. Tommy's solo was much better during Feelgood/Girls tour, with the rotating drum set over floors.

Still, this reunion tour rocks!

Mr. Vengeance
08-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Reunion show in Ottawa was really good. I had nice floor seats close to the stage, but it wasn't so loud that everything was distorted.

I passed on seeing them again in Toronto, since I'm seeing Alice, Rolling Stones and Billy Idol within a week.

DLRdelight!
08-19-2005, 11:48 PM
When i went when they came to irvine i dont think he could do the rotating drum thing because it was at the verizon wireless amphitheatre, and that took place outside. So the one in arenas must be so much better

Mr Badguy
08-20-2005, 05:33 AM
I saw them in Glasgow on June 14.

I though the played their set the wrong way around.

They started with a bunch of old stuff which drove the place nuts.

As the show went on they came more and more up to date and noone really cared about those songs.

If they had played that stuff early and finished with the classics (if you can call them that) it would have been much better.

Nario Lee Roth
08-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Crue are 2nd to only Dave

zeronumber
08-23-2005, 08:58 PM
They're ok. I only like a couple of their songs...They go with so many bands in the 80's that all sound the same...just have different band names, and band members.

Panamark
08-24-2005, 01:58 AM
Im going to checkout the Sydney show in December. Looking forward to it. Not my favourite band by miles, but Im a sucker for an original
lineup reunion, especially 80's Hard Rock Bands.. Sounds Cool !!

DavidLeeNatra
08-24-2005, 08:21 AM
I have seen the live8 performances and they sucked...but I'm not too objective on them because I cant stand them anyway...

Dirty Duck
09-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Saw them 2wice this year....loved both shows. Vince's voice was stellar. The band sounded really tight. Tommy's hip hop drum thing had to go though. i love drums..but c'mon..it just didnt fit in with the show. I would have loved to see them back in the day when they were on drugs...

DLRdelight!
09-06-2005, 11:00 PM
thats what i said about the drum thing. It was like, What the hell?

Dirty Duck
09-07-2005, 04:52 PM
when you're a musician you obviously have to come up with more ways to make people go...WOW. Well tommy...nobody was wowed with that hip hop shit. i dont know about you guys out there,but nobody I saw in the audience was into it at all. That and that STUPID CARTOON during the break. Anyhow..the concert was a good time and worth the $$$. It's good to see that Metal and Rock are still alive. Don't let anyone fool ya...hip hop may be big..but it will never have the lasting effect that good ol' rock n roll does for the soul...