PDA

View Full Version : Hot For Teacher Intro At Motley!

DLRdelight!
08-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I posted a thread about motley in irvine, but decided to put this note here. Sum 41 was one of the opening bands. Out of no where they threw in the Hot For Teacher intro and all the 40year olds went nuts. One of the highlights of the show.

rustoffa
08-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
Sum 41 was one of the opening bands. Out of no where they threw in the Hot For Teacher intro and all the 40year olds went nuts. One of the highlights of the show.

What did the teenagers do?
:confused:

superdave
08-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Motley Crue owes their very existence to CVH

DLRdelight!
08-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Very true indeed

DLRdelight!
08-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Most of the teenagers had no idea what the hell they just threw in!!!!

mentalpancake
08-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by superdave
As do basically all of the hair bands.

Unchainme
08-15-2005, 10:13 PM
I posted a thread about motley in irvine, but decided to put this note here. Sum 41 was one of the opening bands. Out of no where they threw in the Hot For Teacher intro and all the 40year olds went nuts. One of the highlights of the show.

Wait did Sum do the intro or Motley (I Love Both band BTW.), I know for a fact Sum 41 are huge 80's Heavy Metal (Motley, Metallica, Maiden and Priest.), Even though people think of them as a pop punk band, A lot of there songs sound like a Metal version of Green Day.

mentalpancake
08-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Wait did Sum do the intro or Motley (I Love Both band BTW.), I know for a fact Sum 41 are huge 80's Heavy Metal (Motley, Metallica, Maiden and Priest.), Even though people think of them as a pop punk band, A lot of there songs sound like a Metal version of Green Day.
I think he was referring to Sum 41.

Unchainme
08-15-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by mentalpancake
I think he was referring to Sum 41.

Awesome, if anyone finds boot of this, please post it here.

rustoffa
08-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Most of the teenagers had no idea what the hell they just threw in!!!!

*PHEW*!

I was afraid you were gonna report some "they fucked their girlfriends' up the ass, 'cause their girlfriend's wanna stay virgins" story!

That woulda been one helluva story! That dude from sum41 coulda incited the crowd with Anvil Laveene!!!

Hardrock69
08-15-2005, 11:44 PM
When SUm 41 first came out, they played some fucking MTV awards show....did a song with Rob Halford, and then I think Tommy Lee.....

They did an interview later on where they were saying how much all the old school great metal and hard rock bands meant to them....and they were not talking about gay homo rump-ranger bands that JizzyStool likes like Posin, and Britney Fox...

I am glad the new generation of youngsters are growing up and finding out for themselves which bands (like The Mighty VAN HALEN) actually rule the musical landscape....

franksters
08-16-2005, 12:06 AM

ummm maybe they how it to KISS...

TOM_5150
08-16-2005, 12:13 AM
There's a little VH in everyone.

DLRdelight!
08-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Sum 41 did the hot for teacher intro.

DavidLeeNatra
08-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by franksters
ummm maybe they how it to KISS...

no no no...KI$$ became a hair band when CVH was already giving the direction...they just jumped on a wagon dave was pulling...

franksters
08-16-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't disagree with you, but I remember an interview with the guys from crue and they were sayin that a lot of their stuff came from old school band like kiss and that it was one of the first band that took them on tour as an opening act, after a while kiss didn't want them as an opening act anymore cause they were too good...

the other thing is that vh was kinda discover by simmons himself...

so how could that be??? to me the first 2 album of crue are way heavier than the brownsound of cvh, only many years after there were these competition on the cover of circus and hit parade magazine between Dave and vince...

musically they are way closer to kiss than CVH. even the lirics as nothing to do with VH, the explosion the make up the outfits...

mmmmm..... makes you think...

W*NK*R
08-16-2005, 01:39 PM
I've seen both of them.

Sum 41 aren't out special, even though they don't sound it they are influenced by metal. But I suppose if you like Sum41 good for you.
My highlight of this year was seeing the Crue, exellent show! And I had a science exam the morning after, shit I'm dreading my results.
Most teenagers wouldn't know what "hot for teacher" is but hey at least they tried to introduce it to them.

Figs
08-16-2005, 01:42 PM
cool - i'm going saturday. hope they do it...

Unchainme
08-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by W*NK*R
I've seen both of them.

Sum 41 aren't out special, even though they don't sound it they are influenced by metal. But I suppose if you like Sum41 good for you.
My highlight of this year was seeing the Crue, exellent show! And I had a science exam the morning after, shit I'm dreading my results.
Most teenagers wouldn't know what "hot for teacher" is but hey at least they tried to introduce it to them.

Sum is alot better thna most olf the "Metal' bands out there in my opinion,Listen to We're all to Blame, The hard parts in there remind very much of a punk version of metallica. Auctually you'd be suprised with teens and CVH, I know that a lot of them at least have heard the name, and listen to runnin' with the devil, I don't think they know any other songs though.

DLR_EngineRoom
08-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
no no no...KI$$ became a hair band when CVH was already giving the direction...they just jumped on a wagon dave was pulling...

mmk....love ya Natra....but....I gotz ta disagree with yuzz

KI$$ followed a few trends in their career, but they definitely didn't jump CVH or Dave's wagon....let's get that straight....

Love KISS, Love CVH and bless ya Natra...but thatz da fax, jax

rustoffa
08-16-2005, 07:36 PM

This is a post I made in a "Best Hair Metal Band" thread at another bored....after some dipshit listed Van Halen. Nobody replied to it. I wasn't really referring to Motley Crue, but whatthefuck.
:)

"Hair Metal" was a by-product of the success of VAN HALEN. Dave Roth's appearance was all about the ridiculous as the sublime...a small part of the continuing "inside joke" that he hopes like hell folks don't get.

The "hair metal" acts' attempts at "over-the-topping" over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek genius usually came off like Siegfried and fucking Roy thumping E with backing tranny showgirls.

The dynamics of songs like, "Atomic Punk", "Romeo Delight", "Light Up The Sky", "Unchained", etc. created a cuntinental devide that forever isolated the band from the bastardized genre it created.

But, in all seriousness? I'm sure Dave could give a fuck less.

Jurak
08-16-2005, 07:49 PM
:D nicely put rustoffa..... http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/cwm3.gif

and thus concludes todays history lesson.... :p

Dirty Duck
09-28-2005, 04:36 PM
When asked about the Brett Michaels and Vince Neils of the rock world David Lee Roth replied...and I quote: " Don't blame me for the errors of my bastard sons..." (1989) Love that one! Classic Dave...

Thorman
09-28-2005, 05:31 PM

That's awsome...Sam's version of that song is fantastic..I bet people would have booed had they heard the version off 1984

Bam

http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

doctor roth
09-29-2005, 01:50 AM

Just wanted to comment on the sum 41 doing Hot For teacher. Dave Bkash is the shining light out of that lot. Ive read a couple of interviews with him and he loves shred and metal. Hes a big iron maiden fan. Ive said this before but they did a great metallica medly: For whom the bell tolls and master of puppents and bkash does a little break of one of kirks solos. Their new album (chuck) shows a little promise.