PDA

View Full Version : touring

calgarydave
08-16-2005, 03:23 PM
It seems to me that dave should be a little more selective in the make-up of his set list. I saw him years ago when he did the tour with hagar and it seems he's doing virtually the same set today. I like dave alot, but I'd like to see some new or at least newer stuff performed and not just have a straight van halen era set. A good example he could follow is Alice Cooper. Year after year Alice tours and continues to put out albums. You can go see Alice and still get a ton of great past hits, but also hear some new stuff or a previous album gem that you weren't expecting. That's what keeps me seeing Alice year after year. The show changes just enough so you don't know exactly what you'll hear. This would also keep people exposed to whatever new stuff dave has done and, who knows, maybe even get some new fans to pick up his latest albums. Comments?

Thorman
08-16-2005, 03:32 PM
I think that is fair to say. The only issue is that Dave does not have any new material and is probably not capable of putting any out if he is solo (ever heard Stand Up)?

So unless he goes back to his roots, that being a singer of a CVH cover band, you are not likely to hear much from him...

BAM

franksters
08-16-2005, 08:39 PM
go see kiss, the eagles, pink floyd any band from those days and it will be the same show, from acdc to neil diamond they all do the same thing.

calgarydave
08-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Even though all these other bands do it, too don't you think it's a little boring? How many times do you want to drop 50-100 bucks to see the same show? If I know things are going to be changed up I'd say it's worth it.

Dave's Bitch
08-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Megadeth are great to see.when i saw them they played about a third from the latest album (the system has failed) and the rest was a range of stuff,it was a really good show.i think they should have done more stuff from countdown to extinction though but i cant complain

DavidLeeBroth
08-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by franksters
go see kiss, the eagles, pink floyd any band from those days and it will be the same show, from acdc to neil diamond they all do the same thing.

That sucks. Kiss's setlist has been the same since the reunion (except for maybe a few changes last year). Same with Black Sabbath... the same songs again and again. There are however quite a few bands that mix up their setlist on a regular basis. Cooper as mentioned before. Deep Purple always play some new stuff and very often mix up the older stuff as well. Same with Dio.

There are always some songs the bands must play every show but apart from those they should mix it up. I wish Dave would play some more solo stuff. He's got so many great songs to choose from. And even if he only wants to play the best know songs he could still do a bunch from EEAS, Skyscraper and ALAE that most of the people will know.