PDA

View Full Version : No wonder Roth is taking this radio gig

lafours
08-18-2005, 04:05 PM
from Marksfriggin.com

"Howard brought up David Lee Roth and said he's not sure what kind of show he's going to be putting on when he replaces him there in New York. Gary wondered what kind of money they're going to pay the guy. He thought that a million a year was way too much but Howard thinks he's way off and it's much higher than that. He said that there are a lot of radio people who are going to make a lot of money replacing him in many markets."

sounds like Dave is going to make some great coin

diamondsgirl
08-18-2005, 04:51 PM
thats a decent paycheck.

who else was going for the spot? anybody know?

Nigel
08-18-2005, 05:36 PM
I heard Sammy was going to take the job, just to sell his cheesy Tequila and then cross merchandise it with Michael Anthony's Hot Sauce. Then Emeril will conjure up some fattening, artery-hardening recipes, "just to keep everyone's weight up!"

Then there will be a "falling out" period where Gary Cherone will describe what it was like to fondle his ass while fronting Van Halen.

Then Ed and Alex will come in as "Guest Hosts" and mumble their way through an hour while trying to describe how Divorce, alcoholism, busted hips, ripping off fans, and playing guitar while lying on the floor can actually help sell half a million units of music people already have.

Kind of like "art imitating Life"

Ally_Kat
08-19-2005, 01:22 AM
I thought Dave replacing Stern was a false rumor?

Polk High
08-19-2005, 07:37 AM
it was a false rumor that it was happening on a specific day cause howard basically said here's roth to replace me now...

but i do think it is still supposed to happen

hungryfreakdad
08-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Howard said Daves getting paid 3-5 million a year. A better pay check he's had in quite a while. Can't blame him, plus I think he will put on a good show. I'm still getting satelitte though.

shaggydoo
08-19-2005, 09:49 AM
3-5 million a year does sound like very good money but I reckon it'll be damn hard work. What I want to know is will the radio gig allow time for dave to perform his music anymore?

light 'em up!
08-19-2005, 10:02 AM
If it's for real, I think the radio gig is a no brainer for Dave. This venue will put Dave back on top like no band ever could, unless it were a full-scale reunion with Van Halen, and even then I think that would be flawed since Ed and Al are obviously very ill. Besides, the expectations would be so high there would be tremendous disappointment when the reality of their age and Ed's demise would be difficult to hide.

Dave is a natural at radio. Moreover, the radio gig will give Dave Carte Blanche to do whatever he wants musically and it would leave Ed and Al buried in the wasteland of hasbeens. Van Halen would be remembered as David Lee Roth. Game over.

Dave is professed in the art of laughing last!

lafours
08-19-2005, 01:33 PM
exactly..with the shape the music business is in Dave is getting out at the right time....he'll do great at this show and do the music he wants to do on his terms... Plus 3-5 million a year is more than your average platinum selling artist makes these days.