Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Mother of fallen SEAL says she still supports the war

Mother of fallen SEAL says she still supports the war
    By SCOTT BROOKS
    Union Leader Staff

Natalie Healy made a decision this summer after losing her son in war-torn Afghanistan.

"I can't go to those mountains and climb them and I can't shoot a gun," she said. "But I can do everything I can to make sure we stay the course, and if that means speaking out, then that's what I want to do."

Less than two months after the death of her son, Navy SEAL Senior Chief Petty Officer Daniel Healy, the Exeter mother and small business owner is following through on her word.

Natalie Healy of Exeter is shown with her son, Navy SEAL Senior Chief Petty Officer Daniel Healy, at his wedding. (COURTESY PHOTO)

Healy is making her feelings known in response to the nation's interest in a California mother who has camped outside President Bush's Texas ranch to protest the war in Iraq. Cindy Sheehan's 24-year-old son was killed in Iraq last year.

Healy said she initially sympathized with the grief-stricken mom. Now, however, as Sheehan's message continues to fill the airwaves, Healy said she fears a backlash against the war on terrorism.

"It's sort of like a tidal wave," Healy said. "And it's gaining and gaining and gaining. And I'm not sure what will stop it, to tell you the truth.

"My big concern is that the enemy will use Cindy Sheehan to their benefit. They will point to her and say, 'See? See how this American is calling the President a murderer? See how they're going to start weakening from within?'"

Healy said she was booked to speak on MSNBC's "Hardball" with Chris Matthews last night. The interview got bumped just a few hours before the show, she said.

But Healy said spreading her voice to support the war effort is her "new mission in life."

"I'm hoping, by having another mother who's lost a son speaking out loudly and strongly, that the troops will hear it and be heartened by it," she said. "Because we all know how they're always shocked when they get home and they find out what has been reported."

Several national polls show that a majority of Americans now consider the decision to invade Iraq a mistake. Healy herself said she initially had doubts about the war. She is now convinced the United States cannot leave Iraq just yet.

"The fact of the matter is, at this stage in the game, we're over there," she said. "We have to complete the mission."

Healy said she doubted Sheehan's son, Casey, would support his mother's mission.

Rather, she said, "I think my son would be happy that I was trying to remind people that we have to stay the course. We have to, without a doubt. And I know he'd be saying, 'OK, mom. Good. Good, mom.'"

Healy recognized the public's opinion of the Iraqi conflict is not the same as its opinion of the war in Afghanistan, where her son died June 28. Daniel Healy, a 36-year-old father of four, was one of 16 soldiers killed when insurgents shot down their helicopter.

But Healy said the two conflicts are part of the same war on terrorism, and it's a war the U.S. must continue to fight.

"I think fighting for freedom in Iraq and fighting for freedom in Afghanistan is one and the same," she said.

Healy is hopeful that the public will hear both sides in the debate over pulling U.S. troops from Iraq. It would be harmful, she said, if Sheehan's voice carried the day.

"I just don't want it to be the only story," Healy said. "I want the other voices to be heard so that the young men that fought with my son — that were broken-hearted from all their buddies getting killed — will know somebody else is speaking out for them. And maybe they won't be heard as much as Cindy Sheehan, but there's somebody trying, anyway."
    LINK
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"The fact of the matter is, at this stage in the game, we're over there," she said. "We have to complete the mission."

WHAT mission?? That's the question.

What is the mission? What is the noble cause? What is the fucking point, and if there is one, does it justify the cost?

And nobody has even attempted to answer those questions.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD

WHAT mission?? That's the question.

Come on.

Anyone can realize what the mission is at this point.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
        Anyone can realize what the mission is at this point.
        I can't.

Please enlighten me.

And IMMEDIATELY, because myself and many others have been asking you and Warham this question all week without an answer, you just dodge the most pertinent question while maybe 9 more American men die today for the "mission" you're going to tell us about today.

I'm tired of waiting any longer while you and Warham are dodging this question.

Okay, go ahead.

The floor is yours.

Last edited by Phil theStalker; 08-20-2005, 11:08 AM.
        Add to Ignore list

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
          I can't.

Please enlighten me.

And IMMEDIATELY, because myself and many others have been asking you and Warham this question all week without an answer, you just dodge the most pertinent question while maybe 9 more American men die today for the "mission" you're going to tell us about today.

I'm tired of waiting any longer while you and Warham are dodging this question.

Okay, go ahead.

The floor is yours.

I'll give you a hint.

Let's cut and run.

How's that?

How would that be?

Fucking Stupid...that's how it would be.

Now guess our mission, Phil.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Global fascism?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Global fascism?
              We aren't living in the 30's FORD. I think you're still stuck in a German time warp.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                I'll give you a hint.

Let's cut and run.

How's that?

How would that be?

Fucking Stupid...that's how it would be.

Now guess our mission, Phil.

Does the term "NARROW MINDED" come to mind with yourself?

I kind of figure you had this hugh narrow mind from all of your other posts. This post just proves it.

I - and many other - as you the pertinent question and you come back with a narrow minded answer like that.

Obviously, you need help focusing on the subject of the question so I'll rephrase the question for you:

"CUT AND RUN" from what "mission"?

So you don't want to "cut and run," but WHAT is the "mission" you are afraid of "cutting and running" from?

Can you answer this today, please?

PS It's called in your Stupid American terms as "withdrawl" or "peace with honor" as in the U.S. "mission" in South Vietnam.
                Last edited by Phil theStalker; 08-20-2005, 04:31 PM.
                Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

I see liberals like to attack those who have lost sons and daughters in Iraq and support the effort over there. How typical.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Global fascism?
                    Using only two (2) words FORD has answered part of the pertinent question with quantum accuracy on this hidden aspect of the "mission" or any "mission" the U.S. has undertaken since the end of WWII.

The answer is global fascism for all the earth's human population to be under (i.e., subject to, ruled by) "an intellectual elite and world bankers" as proclaimed by David Rockefeller (intellecual or insane?) in only 1991.

Did you ever hear of the Rockefeller families (or the Bauer, i.e., Rothschield - red shield - families) "anti-trust, monopoly" crime conspiracies?

People from Cleveland, Ohio all the way to California know about them. Now it's time for you the world to find out about them, and how they do business, before they "anti-trust, monopoly" the world to themselves.

The only hope you and your friends such as Warham and DrLove have is that people like myself and FORD won't let your ignorance of these things enslave us. That is your only hope.

Until then you are useless.

Here, you and Warham and that other guy, DrLove, just love to read quotes:

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected teh promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world-government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the National autodetermination practiced in past centuries."--David Rockefeller in an address to a Trilateral Commission meeting in June of 1991

Surely...

Last edited by Phil theStalker; 08-20-2005, 05:02 PM.
                    Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Bankers are scary, right Phil?

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                        I see liberals like to attack those who have lost sons and daughters in Iraq and support the effort over there. How typical.
                        Once again a warpig dodges the pertinent question all damn day, again.

Weren't you and BBB asked point blank "what's the mission" in Iraq, and all you two buddies can do is deflect the question with politically inflaming rhetoric.

Answer the question and stop dodging, please.

Y'know the world can read this message board and they can see you don't have a clue as to what the "mission" is.

Add to Ignore list

Comment

• knuckleboner
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

come on now, BBB.

if this mom set up a camp outside michael moore's house, she'd get a lot more pub.

it's not the fact that she supports the war that keeps her relatively out of the spotlight.

it's that it's not nearly as much of a story as 30-some people in a tent city outside of the president's house.

i will disagree somewhat with her implicit assertion that the war in iraq is the war on terrorism. but that point's good only for debate. practically, it's moot. i completely agree that we have to stay in for now.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                            Bankers are scary, right Phil?
                            Fiat bankers, criminals, monopolizers of the natural resources of the earth (and beyond) and the wealth that belongs to "the people" for their hard labors, as American history studies prove a General and President of the United States once said, yes, fear the bankers.
                            i.e., George Washington's historical warning about "corporations and banks"

Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
                              Once again a warpig dodges the pertinent question all damn day, again.

Weren't you and BBB asked point blank "what's the mission" in Iraq, and all you two buddies can do is deflect the question with politically inflaming rhetoric.

Answer the question and stop dodging, please.

Y'know the world can read this message board and they can see you don't have a clue as to what the "mission" is.

I'm not dodging anything, Phil.

You know how I'd answer that question, so why should I waste my fingers typing it out? Please!

Not to mention that particular topic has been brought up umpteen times on this forum already. Use the search feature if you want to know so bad.

Comment

Working...