PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy out of his Fuckin Mind

frets5150
08-21-2005, 01:57 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-CHARVEL-USA-EVH-ART-SERIES-GUITAR-ED-VAN-HALEN-RED_W0QQitemZ7339975893QQcategoryZ33044QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
:mad:

Link ain't workin

:rolleyes:

frets5150
08-21-2005, 02:07 AM
price: C $19,999.99 (Approximately US $16,458.19)

Ended: Aug-07-05 14:07:09 PDT
Start time: Jul-28-05 14:07:09 PDT
High bidder: User ID kept private

Item location: 100% RARE - ONE OF A KIND paint job
Canada

Ships to: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Japan

frets5150
08-21-2005, 02:07 AM
:rolleyes:

Fuckin computer:mad:

frets5150
08-21-2005, 02:12 AM
:D why when i edit i cant add another pic?

frets5150
08-21-2005, 02:15 AM
;

ThrillsNSpills
08-21-2005, 11:05 AM
So did anybody buy it?

frets5150
08-21-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't think so this is all it said...

RARE CHARVEL USA EVH ART SERIES GUITAR ED VAN HALEN RED
ONE OF A KIND PAINT JOB – SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RELEASED

Buyer or seller of this item? Sign in for your status Email to a friend
Item has ended
This item or one like it has been relisted

C $19,999.99 (Approximately US $16,458.19)

Ended: Aug-07-05 14:07:09 PDT
Start time: Jul-28-05 14:07:09 PDT
High bidder: User ID kept private

Item location: 100% RARE - ONE OF A KIND paint job
Canada

Ships to: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Japan
Shipping, payment details and return policy

For those who don't know, Charvel is now part of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. I called and spoke to a Manager at Fender Head Office and emailed my above pictures to enquire about the black stripes on my guitar. A few hours later, I received a phone call back. I was told that the black stripes on my guitar were painted on INCORRECTLY during the painting process. He said that "...this guitar is very unique....there are only 9 guitars painted this way and all were kept at the factory, but somehow, this one must have slipped out..." I asked if this guitar was considered as a 'factory second' and he said that "...there's no such thing as 'factory seconds' at Charvel..." He was very concern about where I have purchased this guitar from and asked if I was going to return it back to the Music Company for an exchange. He insisted that I should call him back if I want to return the guitar to the Music Company because he would have to contact that Music Company and make sure my guitar will NOT be resold and be returned to the Charvel Factory.
YES!!! This is a 100% RARE - ONE OF A KIND paint job that should NOT have been released from the Charvel Factory!!!

Nitro Express
08-21-2005, 02:44 PM
I wouldn't pay that kind of money for Ed's real guitar. Holly hell, what people are paying for guitars is laughable.

frets5150
08-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I wouldn't pay that kind of money for Ed's real guitar. Holly hell, what people are paying for guitars is laughable.

The real FRANKIE? Or the one he played for a couple of songs then sold.:rolleyes:

AHH it's worth it just noticed it comes with that lil bag freshener :D

Soul Reaper
08-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by frets5150
The real FRANKIE? Or the one he played for a couple of songs then sold.:rolleyes:

AHH it's worth it just noticed it comes with that lil bag freshener :D

it's not a REAL frankie. it's one of the one's made recently for Wayne CHarvel

http://www.charvel.com/

Don Corleone
08-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Sorry but that guys story is complete Bullshit. Thats a stock EVH Art Series, nothing more.

jhale667
08-22-2005, 01:41 PM
...As the story goes, a couple of prototypes of the Charvel run that didn't get Ed's seal of approval for color reasons snuck out. I think it kinda looks cool, but I wouldn't pay that for the real Frankie. Last time I checked, it had gotten NO BIDS...shocker.

Brett
08-27-2005, 11:54 AM
You wouldn't pay $20,000 for the real Frankie? That's good because it would probably go for at least 10x that.

Brett
08-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
it's not a REAL frankie. it's one of the one's made recently for Wayne CHarvel

http://www.charvel.com/

You do know that Wayne Charvel has nothing to do with Charvel guitars anymore right? Wayne sells his guitars as "Wayne Guitars"

http://www.wayneguitars.com

Soul Reaper
08-27-2005, 04:22 PM
i thought he owned both or something?!

Brett
08-28-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
i thought he owned both or something?!

Nope Fender owns the Charvel name now. Wayne Charvel sold out in the mid-80's, and they became bottom line shit guitars.

Cathedral
08-28-2005, 05:16 AM
This dude is one guy that would NOT want me having his address.

I about had a coronary when i saw the ad for the ART guitars in my Musicians Friend catalogue and got a look at the $2500 price tag.

My early 80's Charvel is 10 times the guitar these new one's are, so i guess mine's worth plenty by now.

Oh, and especially since Edward actually played my guitar at Midwest Music before i bought it, it's worth a mint, right?

Whatever, but the sad fact is that whoever does bid and win that one there, they have so much money that they won't even miss $20 G's.

I wouldn't pay that kind of money for an original axe right out of Ed's personal collection, but i would consider paying that to fuck Valerie for a solid week, like 20 years ago...........

jackassrock
08-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral

I about had a coronary when i saw the ad for the ART guitars in my Musicians Friend catalogue and got a look at the $2500 price tag.

No shit, a $2500 strat with the name Charvel printed on the headstock. All Ed's axe is, is a parts guitar anyways. You can put a great parts guitar together for about $600.

GAR
09-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Point is though, some people would rather have an experienced guitar pro build up a guitar for them and are willing to pay more for a playable instrument.

We play instruments. Ed's "parts guitar" was assembled into a playable instrument, not a parts guitar you look at. Which is what alot of ebay'ed Frankenstrats actually are.

jackassrock
09-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah, but Ed's guitar is just a strat with a gibson pickup in it essentially. and a FR trem.

You don't need to spend $2500 to get there by any means.

WARF
09-20-2005, 05:28 PM
SADGAF

ELVIS
09-21-2005, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by jackassrock
Yeah, but Ed's guitar is just a strat with a gibson pickup in it essentially. and a FR trem.

That's quite an oversimplification...

Nitro Express
09-21-2005, 03:44 AM
GAR does have a point. The devil is in the details when it comes to guitars. Good wood, workmanship, electronics, tuners, nuts, finish, setup, and such all add up. Even a simple guitar like a Strat if built to high quality specifications and set up right, will run over $1000 if made in the US by a skilled Luthier. Sure you can play something cheaper and it might get the job done but there is a differenc and that little bit of difference is what costs the $$$$$$.

As far as the Art Guitars go. Fender is betting people will pay that kind of money for a collectable guitar. If people don't want the guitar for that price, they will have to lower it. It's called supply and demand.

Brett
09-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by GAR
Point is though, some people would rather have an experienced guitar pro build up a guitar for them and are willing to pay more for a playable instrument.

We play instruments. Ed's "parts guitar" was assembled into a playable instrument, not a parts guitar you look at. Which is what alot of ebay'ed Frankenstrats actually are.

Absolutely.