X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Little League World Series

The one thing I never understood is why this always gets so much attention on TV, I mean its seems every little game in on tv, Anyone else think that this is too much pressure on little kids to preform on National Televison?, I mean High School Football does Get this Much NATIONAL Coverage. I don't know maybe i'm just pissed off that they take away the Good annoucers (Keith Jackson, Brent Musburger etc.) From the College Football Games and make do these games, and we end with the back ups for the beginning of The CFB season. I would like to hear what othgeres think about this.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Well, they've certainly increased the AMOUNT of Little League games on TV nowadays...

It used to be that they only had the Championship game on Wide World of Sports...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

They should just have The Championship Game and The Amercan and International Championships on National Tv, All else is pretty stupid to put on TV.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

I don't mind it at all...fun to watch to be honest...I loved watching it as a kid rooting against the orient...and always getting fucking rocked because all the freakin' Asians looked like they were 25 years old (probably were at the time).

This year...Miami's team has Dante Bichette and Mike Stanley's kid playing on a team that they are coaching...they might have even made the finals...to be honest...not sure where the hell we even are with the LLWS...but why the hell not. It's not bad watching a game that doesn't have money involved...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

well..having coached a little bit of little league, i really enjoy watching these games...
          my favorite part? ....this is gonna sound really cruel:p
          most of these kids are really talented..and getting this far means they have won more games than lost,obviously...
          I get a kick out of seeing the kids who are used to winning all the time get their asses handed to em'..lmao...nothing like seeing a 12 yr. old showboat crying when things don't go his way

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

California team is 38-0 this year...38-0..unreal..i hope Hawaii beats that ass in the U.S finals...

Comment

• DLR7884
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I've been watching all the games.

It's more exciting that watching a MLB game, that's for sure.

DLR7884
              Why the hate, dude? They are 12 years old for God's sake...
              Originally Posted by WARF:
              DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I really hate pro baseball but I saw highlights of Canadian team from where I am from (Whalley, British Columbia is close to Vancouver).

They put on a defensive clinic, with at least a dozen highlight real plays and beat Mexico!!!
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLR7884

DLR7884
                  I've got no porblem with LL Baseball, but when they treat it like the Pros, Thats when I have problem with it, Its partly ESPN's fault, I just thinki its stupid when they put this much pressure on litlle kids for a Baseball game, when thee not even in High school.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884

DLR7884
                    lmao..i know bro..i knew i would catch hell for that remark...
                    i just don't like arrogant people...kids included..
                    I have never been arrogant and taught my kids not to be..
                    I just get a kick out of people getting a dose of reality when they think they are bulletproof...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

take Bichette jr....perfect example...daddy was a pro player..so this kid had it made...the little guy can play, no doubt..but if you saw the game ..you could see the "hot dog" just pouring out of him..specially after the HR..

just run the damn bases and don't throw your fist in the air!!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fairwrning
                        well..having coached a little bit of little league, i really enjoy watching these games...
                        my favorite part? ....this is gonna sound really cruel:p
                        most of these kids are really talented..and getting this far means they have won more games than lost,obviously...
                        I get a kick out of seeing the kids who are used to winning all the time get their asses handed to em'..lmao...nothing like seeing a 12 yr. old showboat crying when things don't go his way
                        LOL, I have to agree with you there....

I've coached my youngest boy six times in 5 years of playing (we have a spring and fall season), although I'm not going to do it anymore, I'm gonna let others teach him, and see how that goes...

But it never ceases to amaze me to watch these "all-stars" do something like strikeout, and sulk back to the dugout crying like they lost their puppy....

Have to admit, I've been proud of my boy so far at age 11... The only time he's cried is when he got cleated sliding into home plate, and that was only for a few seconds... He was recently beaned in the helmet by the hardest thrower in the league, and I actually pulled him from the game that time, even though he wanted to stay in the game, he looked a little dazed, like he just saw Hagar or something....

I enjoy watching the LL games on TV too, with my son.... He sees that those players aren't too much different than him....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fairwrning
                          California team is 38-0 this year...38-0..unreal..i hope Hawaii beats that ass in the U.S finals...
                          anybody see the game today?..i missed it but read the box score..8 dingers..Hawaii is a monster team...
                          Cal wins their next game they play Hawaii..good game coming up...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I was watching the Cali vs. Maine game last night and I was getting pissed when the Cali pitcher would strike someone out and then the whole infield would come to the mound so they could slap gloves...I wanted to punch a 12 year old kid...
                            Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

And I really like watching the games...takes me back to a younger day when I played Little League...
                              Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

Working...