PDA

View Full Version : Whooohooo......seein' Cheap Trick W/alice Cooper Tonite!!!

DLR_EngineRoom
08-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Anyone else already and/or gonna catch this tour of the titans?

I hear Alice is bringin' back his famous 70's show with blud n' jelloteens...

Bill Lumbergh
08-22-2005, 03:30 PM
blueturk will be here in 3.....2.......1...........

Mr. Vengeance
08-23-2005, 02:22 AM
So...I was there, and while Alice sounded great and all that, and Cheap Trick were a rocking opening act, I'll never go see a show at the fucking Docks again! Way too small. Everyone's jammed in like sheep and you can't see any of the damn show. I had to have the tallest bastard in the place standing in front of me, and then next to him was a guy with a size 52 head. Nice traffic control to get out of the place too!!!!

Alice could have easily played the Ampitheatre again, and it would have been great!

EbDawson
08-23-2005, 04:01 AM
How long was Cheap Trick's set? That show is blowing thru here in Sept. and I may go.

Mr. Vengeance
08-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Cheap Trick played for about an hour and ten minutes and they sounded great. They were introduced by surprise guest Tommy Lee and the place went nuts. I think the Crue is in Toronto for a show of their own.

Alice was fantastic as I said, I just wish I could have seen more of him. I had no problem during Cheap Trick because the bohemouths were standing next to me at that time rather than in front of me. Once Alice hit the stage, there was no way to move much.

zeronumber
08-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Did they raise hell?

Mr. Vengeance
08-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by zeronumber
Did they raise hell?

Damn right!

DLR_EngineRoom
08-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
So...I was there, and while Alice sounded great and all that, and Cheap Trick were a rocking opening act, I'll never go see a show at the fucking Docks again! Way too small. Everyone's jammed in like sheep and you can't see any of the damn show. I had to have the tallest bastard in the place standing in front of me, and then next to him was a guy with a size 52 head. Nice traffic control to get out of the place too!!!!

Alice could have easily played the Ampitheatre again, and it would have been great!

I agree, 100%, this show in particular would've been easier to enjoy if it was at the Amphitheatre, SkyDome (I refuse to call it Rogers - ruthless, disgusting bastards) or the Air Canada Centre...

It was hard to breathe....and for $65, yes, the venue would've made a huge difference...

Originally posted by EbDawson
How long was Cheap Trick's set? That show is blowing thru here in Sept. and I may go.

Don't waste time. Buy tickets now. You won't regret it, it's a classic lineup and an amazing show!

Cheap Trick played for about an hour and ten minutes and they sounded great. They were introduced by surprise guest Tommy Lee and the place went nuts. I think the Crue is in Toronto for a show of their own.

Alice was fantastic as I said, I just wish I could have seen more of him. I had no problem during Cheap Trick because the bohemouths were standing next to me at that time rather than in front of me. Once Alice hit the stage, there was no way to move much.

Yes, the Crue are returning to Toronto tonight with Sum 41 and Silvertide.

If they're anything like their show here in February, this will kick much ass.....mucho asso....I can't wait...only a few hours left

Originally posted by zeronumber
Did they raise hell?

Like a true-blue 70's blast from the past, they kicked much, much ass.

Cheap Trick said it themselves on their 'Dream Police' album when they said 'Gonna Raise Hell'....and raise hell they did.

Ironic how the King of Shock Rock showed everyone that the meaning of 'Shock Rock' is to entertain, not to fuel anger and breed hate, like many of the 'Thrash' or 'Satanic' bands that obviously took Alice's original message of entertainment in a disfiguringly wrong way.

Mr. Vengeance
08-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Had to love the fact that Cheap Trick played the theme song to That 70's Show last night!

DLR_EngineRoom
08-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Had to love the fact that Cheap Trick played the theme song to That 70's Show last night!

OMG yeah!!!....honestly, who wasn't singing along to that at the top of their lungs???

1st time seeing Cheap Trick, and I hope they won't be a stranger to T.O. anymore.....f***ing love that band!!!

Mr. Vengeance
08-23-2005, 05:22 PM
I thought they looked and sounded great even if Robin Zander was wearing that pimp hat!!!! It's weird that Rick Nielson does all the on-stage patter. I guess it's always been his band.

Northern Girl
08-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Definitely a show I would go see if they come my way. Have always loved Cheap Trick. My first ever concert was Cheap Trick too!! :cool:

DLR_EngineRoom
08-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Hope both of 'em come back to T.O.