Clear All
  • 5:01 am
    Groupie
    • Aug 2004

Televangelist Calls for Chavez' Death

Televangelist Calls for Chavez' Death
    Aug 22 11:06 PM US/Eastern

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va.

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson called on Monday for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, calling him a "terrific danger" to the United States.

Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition of America and a former presidential candidate, said on "The 700 Club" it was the United States' duty to stop Chavez from making Venezuela a "launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism."

Chavez has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of President Bush, accusing the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous.

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

Electronic pages and a message to a Robertson spokeswoman were not immediately returned Monday evening.

Venezuela is the fifth largest oil exporter and a major supplier of oil to the United States. The CIA estimates that U.S. markets absorb almost 59 percent of Venezuela's total exports.

Venezuela's government has demanded in the past that the United States crack down on Cuban and Venezuelan "terrorists" in Florida who they say are conspiring against Chavez.

Robertson accused the United States of failing to act when Chavez was briefly overthrown in 2002.

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said.

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."
  • Phil theStalker
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

5:01 am, it's later than you...

Add to Ignore list

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Who would Jesus KILL, Pat?
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Interesting, CHAVEZ was Democratically elected and supplies us with oil, typical right-wing charlatan phoney PAT wants him dead, the SAUDIs and PAKIs helped supply and train the TALIBAN and the 9/11 Hijackers, but thick PATTY is just fine with them. Let's hope God calls home traitor Pat soon, I would think he likes the ISLAMIC extremists, they reflect his own angry, hateful God world view...

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And let's not forget this "classic" from the 700 Club, September 13, 2001.......

FALWELL: I agree totally with you that the Lord has protected us so wonderfully these 225 years. And since 1812, this is the first time that we've been attacked on our soil and by far the worst results. And I fear, as Donald Rumsfeld, the Secretary of Defense, said yesterday, that this is only the beginning. And with biological warfare available to these monsters -- the Husseins, the Bin Ladens, the Arafats -- what we saw on Tuesday, as terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact -- if, in fact -- God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.

ROBERTSON: Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror. We haven't even begun to see what they can do to the major population.

FALWELL: The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.

ROBERTSON: Well, yes.

FALWELL: And I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say: "You helped this happen."

ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.

FALWELL: Pat, did you notice yesterday the ACLU and all the Christ-haters, People For the American Way, NOW, etc. were totally disregarded by the Democrats and the Republicans in both houses of Congress as they went out on the steps and called out on to God in prayer and sang "God Bless America" and said "let the ACLU be hanged". In other words, when the nation is on its knees, the only normal and natural and spiritual thing to do is what we ought to be doing all the time -- calling upon God.

ROBERTSON: Amen.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

More of Pat's greatest hits: Pat tells God to KILL Supreme Court justices.....

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., July 15 - Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson urged his nationwide audience Monday to pray for God to remove three justices from the Supreme Court so they could be replaced by conservatives.

"WE ASK FOR miracles in regard to the Supreme Court," Robertson said on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "The 700 Club."

Robertson has launched a 21-day "prayer offensive" directed at the Supreme Court in the wake of its 6-3 June vote that decriminalized sodomy.

Robertson said in a letter on the CBN Web site that the ruling "has opened the door to homosexual marriage, bigamy, legalized prostitution and even incest."

The same letter targets three justices in particular: "One justice is 83-years-old, another has cancer and another has a heart condition. Would it not be possible for God to put it in the minds of these three judges that the time has come to retire?"

Judging from the descriptions, Robertson was referring to Justice John Paul Stevens, who was born in 1920, and Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who had colon cancer surgery in 1999. The identity of the third justice was unclear.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

I hate these Fuckers, They are not real Christians nor do they represent Christianity, They are just a bunch of ignorant cunts trying to steal peoples money. If I can recall didn't they say Pink Floyd was Satanic? Ignorant Gunts.
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

These people are just pure evil.

Not too long ago I saw a clip of Robertson PRAYING for another vacancy on the Supreme Court.

So not only is he advocating the murder of world leaders, he is asking for God's help in speeding up the death or retirement of Supreme Court justices.
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

OLd Wacky Pat........how long before he sees a 100 foot Jesus in the desert?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                    These people are just pure evil.

No.

He is just human. Like you and I.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Yeah...EVIL human. Robertson is insane.
                      Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        No.

He is just human. Like you and I.

So what's your argument... that humans can't be evil? :confused:
                        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Humans can't be evil, Bri?

How about sociopathic hypocrite ?

C'mon
                          Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                            So what's your argument... that humans can't be evil? :confused:
                            Maybe Bri means right-wing Christians can't be evil

Didn't Pat say 9/11 was God's punishment for gays, etc?

God is a Terrorist !!!
                            Originally posted by Kristy
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Just another example of the religous right zealots being out of control. Robertson will do anything to protect the unborn, but he prays for the death of anyone who he feels like. Fake fuck!
                              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...