View Full Version : The Motley Crue Carnival Of Sins Tour Thread

DLR_EngineRoom
08-24-2005, 06:43 PM
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/08/24/1185467.html

The Crue still "ruels"...

One of my favourite parts of the show was when Nikki (Sixx - bassist) says:

"I'm gonna ask you to do something you've never been asked to do before....."

"I'm gonna ask everyone to sit down..."

so reluctantly everyone sits down and Nikki continues...

"I want everyone to look around to the rest of the audience..."

so everyone looks around and then Nikki says:

"This is what it's like at an Ashlee Simpson concert....what an untalented bitch!"

lmfao....enjoy n' tawk amongst yo'selves....

Dirty Duck
08-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Dude!!! I was at that concert funny shit man!! I laughed my ass off. have a good weekend!!!

Dirty Duck
08-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Saw The Crue in NY city at the Garden for my birthday..great show. I was impressed by vince's vocals. Especially when they played Look's That Kill. Just saw them recently at Jones Beach..another great show. I definately had my Motley fix!!

Figs
08-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Saw them & Sum 41 at Hartford a little over a week ago. I was never a big Crue fan, but I like a few of their songs and heard they out on a heck of a show. They did not dissapoint! Very glad I went, and they sounded great! Sum 41 was good too and as mentioned on another thread they played the beginning of Hot For Teacher.

Dirty Duck
08-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I'll be honest brother..I totally missed Sum 41..I was in the parking lot taking care of biz. Byt yeah,,they did not dissapoint! They closed the show with "anarchy in the Uk"...

Mr. Vengeance
08-29-2005, 11:42 AM
The Ottawa show back in the winter was very good. Mick lost his guitar on Looks that Kill, so that sucked, but they forged through it with just the bass pounding. A-la Spinal Tap, his guitar finally kicks in just as the song is ending, and Vince yells "Welcome back Mick Mars!"

I really dislike it when shows take an intermission, even if they're long shows. It just sort of cuts into the excitement. I don't want to take a break as soon as you get going.

thome
08-29-2005, 11:49 AM
March 05 in KC I dont remember anything about the show.

That lets me know i was there,and had a good time!

DLR_EngineRoom
08-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
Dude!!! I was at that concert funny shit man!! I laughed my ass off. have a good weekend!!!

lol hilarious huh?

Say, if ANYONE AT ALL has those nifty Motley Crue souvenir buttons/pins that Q107 was handing out free, PUHLEEEZE can you part with one, I can trade ya for an Alice Cooper/Cheap Trick souvenir button from Q. Desperately neeeeeed one for my collection.

Thanx in advance

NathanRay
09-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Saw them in clarkston MI and it was the shit. They have been on a long stretch and just rocked stronger as the night went on. Hell of a show. They had the midgets the crue sluts bitches pissin sparks while nikki does the monster movie intro to Dr. feelgood while dressed like the villian from Hellboy. or hitler or something. and best of all Tommy's Tittie Cam. Nikki even picked mick's nose and ate it. Vince sounded great. wass very cool

MK5150
09-06-2005, 09:57 AM
I saw them in Manchester,Uk back in June and it was fantastic, especially when they played Live Wire, Too Young to fall in love and Dr. Feelgood

Va Beach VH Fan
09-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Heading over to the Ampitheater in about an hour...

Show starts at 7:30 with no opening band...

Nice....

Review tomorrow....

Dirty Duck
09-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Two low points of the show?

1) Tommy's Hip hop/techno/drum solo crap..(all i wanted was drums man!!! Drums!!)

2)That STUPID CARTOON during the break..what the fuck was that anyway. Motley crue animated is pretty scary..

Va Beach VH Fan
09-07-2005, 08:26 PM
I'd agree with #1, I was very disappointed in Tommy's solo...

I think the cartoon was just a way to kill some time for the fans during the intermission.... Harmless...

Once again, as this was the 3rd time seeing the Crue in concert ('87 in Tokyo, '00 here in Va Beach the others), those boys still put on one helluva entertaining show...

I'd estimate the crowd around 10-12,000... There were some empty rows towards the back of the reserved seating area and the lawn wasn't full....

The band was exactly one hour late, coming on at 8:30... I've read several reviews on this tour, and nearly every one of them says they were late... It's a long show if you start at 7:30, so if they're gonna be late, why not just say it's gonna start at 8:30, ya know ??

First, I know I'm getting old, but as I said, I've read a lot of reviews, and they all say the same thing that I'm gonna say, it was fucking loud... Maybe my thinking on this has changed over the years, but it seemed to distort from hearing the music as clearly...

Great setlist (this may not be verbatim, I copied it;)

Shout At The Devil
Too Fast for Love
Ten Seconds To Love
Red Hot
Too Young To Fall In Love
Looks That Kill
Livewire
Girls, Girls, Girls
Wildside
Home Sweet Home
Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
Louder Than Hell
DR Feelgood
Same Old Situation
If I Die Tomorrow
Kickstart My Heart
No Encore (no more music past 11PM here)

Onstage: Typical Crue show, with plenty of scantly clad honeys and midgets...Loved the macabre makeup that Nikki and Mick were wearing... Mick looked like he was moving around much better than earlier in the year....

Tommy's "titty cam" was pretty funny for a couple of minutes, but he let it drag on for well over 10 minutes.... While I never complain about seeing a decent set of tatas, the majority of these sets should have stayed indoors....

And once again, Tommy's solo was pretty lame, as opposed to what he's plenty capable of.... Say what you will, but I refer to Tommy Lee as this generation's John Bonham... Meaning, he's no Neal Peart, nor was Bonham, but for power drumming, you don't get much better than Tommy.... But his Peter Pan act, swinging above the stage between percussion sets, took away from what should have been a good drum solo....

Overall, again, you can do much worse for an evening's entertainment than to watch these boys for a night.....

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Oh yeah, forgot the best part....

I actually saw a guy with my fucking Van Halen shirt on !!!!

The white, 3/4 length 1984 Van Halen Tour of the World shirt.....

Brian, that wasn't you, was it ???

DLR_EngineRoom
09-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Oh yeah, forgot the best part....

I actually saw a guy with my fucking Van Halen shirt on !!!!

The white, 3/4 length 1984 Van Halen Tour of the World shirt.....

Brian, that wasn't you, was it ???

Rock n' Roll fans know their stuff.....'member back in '84 when Van Halen meant sumpthin' and Crue just came out with 'shout@thedevil.com'?? ahh....the good ol' days...