PDA

View Full Version : Proof that Metal is dying

Unchainme
08-27-2005, 10:32 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009KF4IO.01._PE14_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ok I was checking out new music, and I came across Tommy lee's new cd, I thought hmmmmm, Maybe he'll at least have a little bit of the in it crue, Listened to it and it felt like I was going to puke, How the hell could someone who is a part of one of the grestest 80's Metal bands, BE SINGING WITH A BACKSTREET BOY!!!!, God what the hell has happened in music, I t has truly gone down the shitter, God I need a beer.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008OLIK.01._PE21_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

BTW Shout At the Devil, has got to be one of the gratest Metal records of all time.

Alex Mogilny
08-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Back street boys suck, so did or does motley crue....why are you complaining, two shitty sounds that sound shitty together.

Unchainme
08-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Motley Crue DID sound good form about 1981 to after Dr. Feelgood, Now after the Nu metal song they just realeased it couldn't have gotten any worse, Boy was I wrong.

thome
08-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Hes got this new reality series on VH1 where he is in college at Nebraska So you know damn good and well he is going to make
a CD that apeals to the teen age early 20s demo.
I made the call durring the first airing of the show to a friend
of mine.

Hes making some bucks before its all over .

What he does w the crue is diff.

Its money Man and It aint rite!

Soul Reaper
08-28-2005, 05:43 AM
Back Street Boys seem to have a double meaning in their name, if you get what I'm saying.

Cathedral
08-28-2005, 07:40 AM
The Crue is in town and playing here tonight.
I was offered a ticket for free for tonights show and turned it down.

There was a time when i wouldn't miss a Crue show, that time was long ago, unfortunately.

Maybe it's my age, but i am just not into concerts anymore and that pretty much covers a Van Halen reunion also.

I'm done, this fan is retired from fandom..............

FasterPussycat
08-28-2005, 03:12 PM
I've never digged Motley Crue period! They sound sux to me anyways... you need to listen relatively new rock groups and many of them kick ass

so, answer to your question: Metal Music still Kicks Ass!!!

Coyote
08-30-2005, 02:21 AM
"Metal" as a genre, has been sterilized for use on MTV. No talent hacks playing for kids who haven't heard of the high end of the sport.

"Hard Rock/Heavy Metal" went underground the day Nirvana hit our collective ear drums.

Now, "Happy Metal" is something I don't wanna hear...

Cathedral
08-30-2005, 03:03 AM
I am not current on the bands of today, do they still call them bands?
I have become such a bore, but i do have a hefty collection of vinyl to keep me happy.

New music sounds like a soggy apple pie tastes.

Mr. Vengeance
08-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
Back street boys suck, so did or does motley crue....why are you complaining, two shitty sounds that sound shitty together.

At least Crue was real music played by real people, in an era when synth music was dominating the airwaves. For a band that some claim suck, they have an awful lot of pretty decent songs still on rock radio. Some may have been put off by their look, but those are the people who refuse to look past the look.

Soul Reaper
08-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by FasterPussycat
I've never digged Motley Crue period! They sound sux to me anyways... you need to listen relatively new rock groups and many of them kick ass

so, answer to your question: Metal Music still Kicks Ass!!!

ok then, which new metal or rock bands kick ass?!

i think you'll find that there aren't any.

OWNED!

Alex Mogilny
08-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
ok then, which new metal or rock bands kick ass?!

i think you'll find that there aren't any.

OWNED!

The Redwalls "de nova"

Alex Mogilny
08-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
At least Crue was real music played by real people, in an era when synth music was dominating the airwaves. For a band that some claim suck, they have an awful lot of pretty decent songs still on rock radio. Some may have been put off by their look, but those are the people who refuse to look past the look.

Motley Crue is a very unoriginal band...very boring...Kiss meets Van Halen.....

I bet the radio station you are referring to plays alot of 80s hair metal shit.

The only thing interesting about Motley Crue was their book...it was a decent read.

Big Fat Sammy
08-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Metal dying?

It's been dead and buried for years!

Mr. Vengeance
08-31-2005, 02:05 AM
Motley Crue is a very unoriginal band...very boring...Kiss meets Van Halen.....

I bet the radio station you are referring to plays alot of 80s hair metal shit.

The only thing interesting about Motley Crue was their book...it was a decent read.

Whatever you say......:o

Panamark
08-31-2005, 03:37 AM
When did Unchainme become Triumph ??? :p

Panamark
08-31-2005, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
Metal dying?

It's been dead and buried for years!

Not dead.

Look at shows like Ozzfest.

Metal will never die. It might take a backseat for a while
but as long as there are guitars and kids with attitude,
somewhere Metal is happening right now !

VonHalen
08-31-2005, 09:45 PM
as far as motley goes, gotta go with the MC94 disc. Not many like it, but man, its got some great tunes on there

Soul Reaper
09-01-2005, 08:55 AM
as they say...metal isn't dead, its gone underground

cdwillis
09-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Heavy metal is the cockroach of music genres. All these new poppy shit songs come out and bomb, yet metal thrives in the underground unnoticed by most.

Unchainme
09-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
When did Unchainme become Triumph ??? :p

I heard Sammy Hagar starring in a movie Yes?, Its a movie about Vampires FINALLLY A ROLE THAT REQUIRES HIM....TO SUCK!!!!!

:D

Soul Reaper
09-03-2005, 07:12 AM
The Redwalls "de nova"

who?!

monkeythe
09-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

Metal will never die. It might take a backseat for a while
but as long as there are guitars and kids with attitude,
somewhere Metal is happening right now !

The kids growing up today don't even know what guitars look like. Sadly, they are being brainwashed to think that a turntable is an instrument and that all you need to write a good song is to take an old song and replace the lyrics with how many bitches you bang, how many diamonds are on your necklace, an how many caps you can put in a persons ass