X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Hurricane Katrina

This hurricane winds have went from 115 MPH @10 PM last night to over 175 MPH 12 PM today.

This is the worst hurricane since Camille in 1969!
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

ELVIS get the fuck outta there man!

Comment

• harrison
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Feb 2004

I run a rock station called the bayou in New Orleans and I'm staying here in our tower to keep the station on the air while people evacuate.

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Dude, these people need to get outta of there ASAP.

I don't think they know what they're dealing with.... they aren't as educated about hurricanes like us Floridians.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by harrison
          I run a rock station called the bayou in New Orleans and I'm staying here in our tower to keep the station on the air while people evacuate.
          what material is your tower made of?
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

It's made out of straw.... the little piggy shouted....

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

that wouldn't be good, even sticks...with these winds...it'd probably blow down
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• lionsfan

I just heard on the news that Katrina has tested positive for steroids.

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                  that wouldn't be good, even sticks...with these winds...it'd probably blow down
                  I don't even think the dome could stand these winds!

Comment

• harrison
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Feb 2004

It's made out of the same material as the Superdome. We are right next door to the Superdome. The building is called the Dominion Tower and we are on the fifth floor. They say the tower is "built" for hurricanes. Whatever that means. We're going to crank up some Roth rock in an effort to stay calm and positive.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by lionsfan
                      I just heard on the news that Katrina has tested positive for steroids.
                      I knew it. When does she start the 10 day suspension?!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by harrison
                        It's made out of the same material as the Superdome. We are right next door to the Superdome. The building is called the Dominion Tower and we are on the fifth floor. They say the tower is "built" for hurricanes. Whatever that means. We're going to crank up some Roth rock in an effort to stay calm and positive.
                        Sounds like fun

best of luck to you

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Yeah they said on CNN it was built to withstand 200 mph winds...

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

NWS outlines grim forecast of devastion expected across area

The National Weather Service has issued a special statement outlining the damage that might be caused if Hurricane Katrina makes landfall as a strong Category 4 or Category 5 storm.

“Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks, perhaps longer,” says the statement. “At least one-half of well-constructed homes will have roof and wall failure. All gabled roofs will fail, leaving those homes severely damaged or destroyed.

The statement says the majority of industrial buildings will become “non-functional,” with partial or complete wall and roof failure.

“All wood-framed low-rising apartments will sustain major damage, including some wall and roof failure,” the statement said. “Concrete block low-rise apartments will sustain major damage, including some wall and roof failure.”

The statement says high-rise office and apartment buildings will sway dangerously, “a few to the point of total collapse.” And all their windows will blow out.

Airborne debris will be widespread, and may include heavy items — household appliances and light cars and trucks —and even sport utility vehicles and trucks will be moved.

“The blown debris will create additional destruction,” the statement said. “Persons, pets and livestock exposed to the winds will face certain death if struck.”

Power outages will last for weeks because most power poles will be down and transformers will be destroyed. Most trees will be snapped or uprooted and even the heartiest, if they survive, will be stripped of all leaves.
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Lovely...the center will be here where I am about 1 PM Tuesday.....which means it should start raining tomorrow afternoon or evening and just continue to get worse...

Some people around here have been bitching about lack of rain...well, they soon will get their wish!!!

Comment

Working...