PDA

View Full Version : How Tall is Dave?

Jahuli
08-29-2005, 07:27 AM
Yeah i was just wondering how tall dave is (in cm)?

DavidLeeNatra
08-29-2005, 07:32 AM
180 cm... not that tall you think he is ;)

Cato
08-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
180 cm... not that tall you think he is ;)
I DON'T BELIEVE IT.
I'm 180 cm(5' 11") too but he was obviously shorter than me when I saw him at close range. he's 175 cm or so I guess.

guwapo_rocker
08-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Dave was 180cm in the Van Halen years accordind to his book.

He may very well be a touch shorter now because of the aging process.

Hey it happens.

Kelly_Clark
08-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Wasn't he, in his prime, 5'10"? I wonder if he has shrunk?

Regardless... he still looks um, um good.

guwapo_rocker
08-30-2005, 10:06 AM
He says in his book he was 6'0" in his bare feet.

Kelly_Clark
08-30-2005, 10:09 AM
LOL...not everything in his book is the absolute truth. I think parts of that book are the world according to Dave. But its his book. I guess he should be allowed some creative freedom.

guwapo_rocker
08-30-2005, 10:13 AM
Well, Mikey's 5'6", and Ed's 5'9" maybe and Dave towers over them.

Cato
08-30-2005, 10:16 AM
what about Dave's midget? just curious...

Kelly_Clark
08-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Are you certain Mike'y is 5'6"? Seems to me he is taller than that. Or maybe he wears platforms. I dunno.

Kelly_Clark
08-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Cato
what about Dave's midget? just curious...

lol... now thats a good question.

guwapo_rocker
08-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Kelly_Clark
Are you certain Mike'y is 5'6"? Seems to me he is taller than that. Or maybe he wears platforms. I dunno.

I read an article where M.A says just that. Can't remember where it's from though.

Dave's bodyguards....about 3'6" I believe.:D

jero
08-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Met dave in 1992, after all those years, I finally got to meet the man. I was standing outsite the TV Studio's in Hilversum (The Netherlands) and there arrived Daves limo, first came out Eddie Anderson, and then Dave. And I could not believe it, I allways thought he was 2 meter or something, but no way, I thank 165 cm max.

DavidLeeNatra
08-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by jero
Met dave in 1992, after all those years, I finally got to meet the man. I was standing outsite the TV Studio's in Hilversum (The Netherlands) and there arrived Daves limo, first came out Eddie Anderson, and then Dave. And I could not believe it, I allways thought he was 2 meter or something, but no way, I thank 165 cm max.

naaah...he is about 175 to 180 (with platforms) but he is almost a head taller than hagar(watch the VMA - show they did together)...and hagar is taller than ed and the bass player....

http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/newbandclose.jpg

scamper
08-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Who's shorter Axl Rose or Eddie Vedder?

golden boy
08-30-2005, 01:43 PM
im 5'9 and looked Dave in the eyes so I think he is 5'9

BenJammin
08-30-2005, 07:08 PM
In my observations, people of the same height tend to think they are taller than the other, especially guys.

I've saw many cases where one guy thought he was taller than the other, only to be proven shorter.

I would venture to say Dave is at least 5'11" but definately not over 6' feet.

Al is a little bit over 6' feet.

DavidLeeNatra
08-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by BenJammin
In my observations, people of the same height tend to think they are taller than the other, especially guys.

I've saw many cases where one guy thought he was taller than the other, only to be proven shorter.

I would venture to say Dave is at least 5'11" but definately not over 6' feet.

Al is a little bit over 6' feet.

nope...check out the old pics...dave is taller than alexis...and greater...

Kelly_Clark
08-30-2005, 09:30 PM
I have seen the old pics... posing, positioning, platforms, heck, I don't know...but I believe Alex may be just a smidge taller than David. I also think Dave is a smidge taller than Michael...

I still would put Dave at 5'10 unless you take in a shrinkage factor for the aging process... but I don't know about that either. His bod is still buff...

That settles it! All you cousins...friends and family of Dave, get your asses in this thread and get us a picture of Dave next to one of those convenience store marking on the doors that show a persons height. This is of utmost importance or I may never sleep well again!

P.S. in the alternative... I would be willing to measure David in person and report back to you all. :D

thome
08-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Dave said in his book (i read it the day it hit the shelves so mem is Q?)

That" i swear i was 6' wasn't i i was i know i wanted to be and i should have been"

Some train of thought type thing. If i say i am, i will be... stuff.

So ' that lets me know he is not taller than 6'

I'd say 5' 11" whitin a inch either direction.???

I personally have lost 1" due to compression fractures and compression fatigue.Time is a cruel mistress or... your best buddy !!!

MORE VICODO PLEASE........

Buford Pusser
08-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by thome
Dave said in his book (i read it the day it hit the shelves so mem is Q?)

That" i swear i was 6' wasn't i i was i know i wanted to be and i should have been"

Some train of thought type thing. If i say i am, i will be... stuff.

So ' that lets me know he is not taller than 6'

I'd say 5' 11" whitin a inch either direction.???

I personally have lost 1" due to compression fractures and compression fatigue.Time is a cruel mistress or... your best buddy !!!

MORE VICODO PLEASE........ Get Spellceck first,Have You ever actually seen Dave live once in Your life,Probably not, by the sound of it,,Get a life,Thome...Maybe try a cup of coffee

Matt White
08-30-2005, 11:07 PM
DAVE 100' FEET TALL

light 'em up!
08-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Kelly_Clark
When I met him, he looked to be around 5'8"

thome
08-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Buffy

the coolest thing about you commenting on me and my comment about dave is you commenting on my comment then telling me i need to get a life People R Funny oh and eat me pencil dik

Splel check couldnt define or give me any options to spell Dik could you look in the mirror and send me a idea of what one looks like

Oh yea eat me pencil dik

SammySucks1984
08-30-2005, 11:51 PM
seriously who gives a damn how tall dave is i am not dissing your question but the real question is how much does sammy weigh.
:56k:

rustoffa
08-30-2005, 11:58 PM
I caught the band (not literally) @ this theme park earlier this summer, and Dave looked to be the tallest on the stage. I'm sure others could profess as to Brian Young's stature, but the Marshall block behind him looked like the Space Needle.

As far as Mikey goes, that's some vertically-challenged shit. On the Dave & Sam tour date I caught, he was like hardly larger than a house cat. That Dave Chappelle looking guitarist was towering over him like some kinda shaved Howling Wolf Monolith. I walked out right after he started playing stand up bass on that regular-sized electric bass.

diamondsgirl
08-31-2005, 12:02 AM
I always thought Dave was about 7'2" :D

cdwillis
09-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
As far as Mikey goes, that's some vertically-challenged shit. On the Dave & Sam tour date I caught, he was like hardly larger than a house cat. That Dave Chappelle looking guitarist was towering over him like some kinda shaved Howling Wolf Monolith. I walked out right after he started playing stand up bass on that regular-sized electric bass.

Michael Anthony was on the Sam and Dave Tour?

shaggydoo
09-04-2005, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Jahuli
Yeah i was just wondering how tall dave is (in cm)?

How Tall is Dave?
Okay I'm gonna set ya straight. Now write this down please:

In metric units Dave is exactly twice as tall as half his height.

But in imperial units Dave is only half as tall as twice his height.

And for the record Sammy is lower than a snakes belly lying in the gutter left by a tyre tread driven through mud.