• Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Decorated Iraq War Veteran Challenges Cindy Sheehan

To: National Desk

Contact: Capt. Hiram Lewis, 304-692-1236; William Greene, President of RightMarch.com, 877-266-6596

CRAWFORD, Texas, August 29 /Christian Wire Service/ -- Hiram Lewis IV, currently a Captain and JAG officer in the West Virginia Army National Guard and a GOP candidate for the U.S. Senate from West Virginia, has announced the new "Meet With Hiram" campaign targeting anti-Bush and anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan.

"Together with the conservative activist organization RightMarch.com, I will be traveling to Crawford, Texas, to demand a meeting with Cindy Sheehan," said Lewis. "If she refuses to meet with me there, I will follow her on her bus tour and continue to demand a meeting until she agrees to talk with me face-to-face."

Pledging to "dog her steps" until she meets with him, Lewis stated, "My mission is to persuade Cindy Sheehan to meet with an Iraq War Veteran such as myself and answer my questions about why she is encouraging the terrorists, endangering our men and women in uniform, and lowering troop morale." What's more, he said, " I've been calling on Cindy Sheehan to meet with me for a few weeks now. If she leaves town just as I'm getting there, everyone will know why."

Capt. Hiram Lewis, a decorated veteran of the War in Iraq, will travel to Crawford, Texas, Aug. 31-Sept. 2 seeking a meeting with Cindy Sheehan, an anti-war protester he says is "determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory." Capt. Lewis has three objectives: First, he wants to offer heart-felt condolences for the loss of her son, Army Spc. Casey Sheehan, who died as a hero in Baghdad on April 4, 2004. Second, Capt. Lewis wants to make sure Mrs. Sheehan supports what her son wanted to do -- see the job through in Iraq. Finally, Capt. Lewis wants to rally support to our continued success in Operation Iraqi Freedom while helping protesters understand how their efforts lower morale and endanger our troops' lives.

For more information, go to www.MeetWithHiram.com.

LINK
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

LOL! She should meet with him just to show how easy it is.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Decorated Iraq War Veteran Challenges Cindy Sheehan

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
      Pledging to "dog her steps" until she meets with him, Lewis stated, "My mission is to persuade Cindy Sheehan to meet with an Iraq War Veteran such as myself and answer my questions about why she is encouraging the terrorists, endangering our men and women in uniform, and lowering troop morale." What's more, he said, " I've been calling on Cindy Sheehan to meet with me for a few weeks now. If she leaves town just as I'm getting there, everyone will know why."
      Oh, for a second there I thought he was talking about DONALD RUMSFELD or PAUL WOLFOWITZ...

I wonder what he thinks of PRES. Bush never going to a funeral?

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
        LOL! She should meet with him just to show how easy it is.
        She probably would. And she'd probably slap him upside the head too.

What a fucking asshole. Wonder how much Rove's paying him for this stunt?
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          She probably would. And she'd probably slap him upside the head too.

What a fucking asshole. Wonder how much Rove's paying him for this stunt?
          Asshole, huh?

A decorated veteran is an asshole for wanting to speak to this woman?

I think you're feeling a little inadequate because you're entire set of beliefs are being challenged.

Asshole.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

OOOh so protesting against the war is going to endanger our soldier's lives???

How?

If one were to ask this moron to explain in great detail how our troop's lives are endangered by people back home protesting, he would be unable to come up with a coherent and believable answer.

Our soldiers are trained to the highest standards on Earth. The activities of an anti-war protestor 12,000 fucking miles away will not nullify any of the training our soldiers have had, nor is it going to endanger our troops any more than they already are.

To claim otherwise is an insult to the soldiers of the Armed Forces Of The United States Of America!

That said, the main detriment to the morale of our soldiers is not knowing when they will be coming home.
            Indeed, the one thing that would depress ANY human being would be having to go to war based on a pack of lies by a corrupt and evil herd of criminals in Washington D.C.!!!!

If ANYONE is doing damage to the morale of our soldiers it is the BCE and all it's sycophant cocksuckers responsible for sending them over there in the first place, as well as namby-pamby do-gooders who insult the soldiers of our armed forces by making claims that their lives are endangered by Cindy Sheehan.

Fuck that fucking asshole, he is a fucking idiot and should be sent to the White House to suck the cocks and lick the asses of Chimpzilla's entire cabinet!!!!

He is apparently attempting to be afforded that "honor" by the moronic statements he has made in the press release above.

BigBadBrian, it is a useless wish, but it would be nice if you would pull your head out of The 16th Assistant-Undersecretary To The White House Toilet Bowl Scrubber's ass.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69 OOOh so protesting against the war is going to endanger our soldier's lives???

How?

If one were to ask this moron to explain in great detail how our troop's lives are endangered by people back home protesting, he would be unable to come up with a coherent and believable answer.

Our soldiers are trained to the highest standards on Earth. The activities of an anti-war protestor 12,000 fucking miles away will not nullify any of the training our soldiers have had, nor is it going to endanger our troops any more than they already are.

To claim otherwise is an insult to the soldiers of the Armed Forces Of The United States Of America!
              Not true. Ask the soldiers who are there, as referenced in the thread where Matt Lauer got dinged by the soldier who let him have it straight with brutal honesty.

It's not good for morale when you know the populace is not behind you. When they don't support your mission. When the media doesn't mention any of the good stuff that is happening over there the Armed Forces are doing but sure as shit mentions every little piddly fucking crime some buck private commits against some Iraqi street walker.

You're an ignorant-ass if you don't think it matters to them.

Fuck that fucking asshole, he is a fucking idiot and should be sent to the White House to suck the cocks and lick the asses of Chimpzilla's entire cabinet!!!!

BigBadBrian, it is a useless wish, but it would be nice if you would pull your head out of The 16th Assistant-Undersecretary To The White House Toilet Bowl Scrubber's ass.
              Geez, you put together a great argument there. I don't know if I can beat that. Did you get a second-grader to help you with that?

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Stupid question, but what exactly does it mean to be "decorated"? Is this a rare thing or is it common?
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

FORD, pretty low of you to call a decorated veteran an asshole.

It just proves that liberals really don't support veterans, if they speak out against the left's position on anything.

Most vets do NOT agree with her position. I'd go so far as to say probably over 90% do not.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

BigBadBozo:
                    Sorry you were unable to comprehend it with your 1st-grade education.

You better get back to your "See Spot Run" books.

Whether the opinion of one woman and her followers and/or the media matters to them or not is irrelevant.

If they are SO demoralized by the press over here, as you claim, then you are stating that they are weak pussies.

I will NOT STAND FOR YOU TO BADMOUTH OUR SOLDIERS WHO ARE RISKING THEIR LIVES OVERSEAS, DUMBASS!!!

As has been pointed out many times before, the SOLDIERS see what good they are doing over there.

They KNOW they are making a difference.

The point I made is that Cindy Sheehan and her opinions are not going to endanger their lives.

To claim otherwise is the mark of an ignorant ass.

A creature you have continually demonstrated yourself to be on these forums.

I am a veteran, and know whereof I speak.

If you cannot handle it, go cry to your mommy.

If you were to ask ANY of those soldiers whether they would prefer to go to Iraq to fight a fraudulent war created by a corrupt administration, or to stay home and live a relatively stress-free existence with their families, free from Iraqi butt-lickers trying to kill them, I guarantee you an overwhelming majority of them would prefer to be here in the USA.

For you to claim otherwise would be sheer idiocy, but then that is your trademark.

They are making the best of a fucked up situation over there. And I support them 100%.

For you to imply they are anything less than the finest fighting force on Earth is retarded.

So come on. Open your mouth and let that river of Grade A, Moronic, Republican SHIT come roaring out. It never ends.

You have been brainwashed so heavily that all you can do is spout moronic propaganda that has been spoon-fed to you for the past 5 years (since you were a drooling baby).

And Warham, I do not care who it is...whoever insults our fighting men and women will be called an asshole as well!!
                    Last edited by Hardrock69; 08-29-2005, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Stupid question, but what exactly does it mean to be "decorated"? Is this a rare thing or is it common?
                      It usually means you have been given a medal or decoration, for service to your country.

Highly decorated usually means you have risked your life to safe others, etc.

Audie Murphy, the film star from back in the day, was the most highly decorated veteran of WWII.

Audie Murphy was the most decorated American Army soldier of World War II. The orphaned son of Texas sharecroppers, he enlisted at age 18 and went on to win two dozen military medals for valor, including the coveted Congressional Medal of Honor. After the war Murphy parlayed his wartime fame into an up-and-down career as a movie actor, songwriter, and businessman. He wrote his war memoirs, To Hell And Back, and played himself in the 1955 movie of the same name.

June 20th is officially Audie Murphy Day in Texas... Murphy originally tried to join the Marines but was turned down for being too short.
                      Last edited by Hardrock69; 08-29-2005, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Here is his tombstone in Arlington National Cemetery, which is CERTAINLY where he deserves to be buried.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

It means he has been awarded military commendations.

Bronze Star, Silver Star, etc.

I'll look up this guy and see what he got.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Audie Leon Murphy, son of poor Texas sharecroppers, rose to national fame as the most decorated U.S. combat soldier of World War II. Among his 33 awards and decorations was the Medal of Honor, the highest military award for bravery that can be given to any individual in the United States of America, for "conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty." He also received every decoration for valor that his country had to offer, some of them more than once, including 5 decorations by France and Belgium. Credited with either killing over 240 of the enemy while wounding and capturing many others, he became a legend within the 3rd Infantry Division. Beginning his service as an Army Private, Audie quickly rose to the enlisted rank of Staff Sergeant, was given a "battle field" commission as 2nd Lieutenant, was wounded three times, fought in 9 major campaigns across the European Theater, and survived the war.

During Murphy's 3 years active service as a combat soldier in World War II, Audie became one of the best fighting combat soldiers of this or any other century. What Audie accomplished during this period is most significant and probably will never be repeated by another soldier, given today's high-tech type of warfare. The U.S. Army has always declared that there will never be another Audie Murphy.

On 21 September, 1945, Audie was released from the Army as an active member and reassigned to inactive status. During this same time, actor James Cagney invited Murphy to Hollywood in September 1945, when he saw Murphy's photo on the cover of Life Magazine. The next couple of years in California were hard times for Audie Murphy. Struggling and becoming disillusioned from lack of work while sleeping in a local gymnasium, he finally received token acting parts in his first two films.

His first starring role came in a 1949 released film by Allied Artists called, Bad Boy. In 1950 Murphy eventually got a contract with Universal-International (later called Universal) where he starred in 26 films, 23 of them westerns over the next 15 years. His 1949 autobiography To Hell And Back was a best seller. Murphy starred as himself in a film biography released by Universal-International in 1955 with the same title. The movie, To Hell and Back, held the record as Universal's highest grossing picture until 1975 when it was finally surpassed by the movie Jaws. In the mid-60s the studios switched from contract players to hiring actors on a picture-by-picture basis. Consequently, when his contract expired in 1965 Universal did not renew. This gave him the opportunity to work with other studios and independent film producers. In the 25 years that Audie spent in Hollywood, he made a total of 44 feature films.

Despite his success in Hollywood, Audie never forgot his rural Texas roots. He returned frequently to the Dallas area where he owned a small ranch for a while. He also had ranches in Perris, California and near Tucson, Arizona. He was a successful Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racehorse owner and breeder, having interests in such great horses as "Depth Charge." His films earned him close to 3 million dollars in 23 years as an actor. Audie loved to gamble, and he bet on horses and different sporting events. He was also a great poker player. In his role as a prodigious gambler, he won and lost fortunes.

Audie Murphy wrote some poetry and was quite successful as a songwriter. He usually teamed up with talented artists and composers such as Guy Mitchell, Jimmy Bryant, Scott Turner, Coy Ziegler, or Terri Eddleman. Dozens of Audie Murphy's songs were recorded and released by such great performers as Dean Martin, Eddy Arnold, Charley Pride, Jimmy Bryant, Porter Waggoner, Jerry Wallace, Roy Clark, Harry Nilsson and many, many others. His two biggest hits were Shutters and Boards and When the Wind Blows in Chicago. Eddy Arnold recorded When the Wind Blows in Chicago for his 1993 album Last of the Love Song Singers which is currently in release by RCA.

Audie sufferred from what is now known as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)and was plagued by insomnia and depression. During the mid-60's he became dependent for a time on doctor prescribed sleeping pills called Placidyl. When he recognized that he had become addicted to this prescription drug, he locked himself in a motel room, stopped taking the sleeping pills and went through withdrawal symptoms for a week. Always an advocate for the needs of veterans, he broke the taboo about discussing war related mental problems after this experience. In a effort to draw attention to the problems of returning Korean and Vietnam War veterans, Audie Murphy spoke-out candidly about his personal problems with PTSD, then known as "Battle Fatigue". He publicly called for United States government to give more consideration and study to the emotional impact war has on veterans and to extend health care benefits to address PTSD and other mental health problems of returning war vets.

While on a business trip on May 28, 1971, (Memorial Day Weekend) he was killed at the age of 46. A private plane flying in fog and rain crashed in the side of a mountain near Roanoke, Virginia. Five others including the pilot were also killed. Although Audie owned and flew his own plane earlier in his career at Hollywood, he was among the passengers that tragic day.

On June 7th, Audie Murphy was buried with full military honors in Arlington National Cemetery. His gravesite, near the Amphitheater, is second most visited gravesite year round. President Kennedy's grave is the most visited.

In 1996 the Texas Legislature officially designated his birthday, June 20th, as Audie Murphy Day. On June 9, 1999 Governor George W. Bush, Texas made a similar proclation declaring June 20th to officially be Audie Murphy Day in the state of Texas.

* Medal of Honor
                            * Distinguished Service Cross
                            * Silver Star with First Oak Leaf Cluster
                            * Legion of Merit
                            * Bronze Star Medal with "V" Device and First Oak Leaf Cluster
                            * Purple Heart with Second Oak Leaf Cluster
                            * U.S. Army Outstanding Civilian Service Medal
                            * Good Conduct Medal
                            * Presidential Unit Citation with First Oak Leaf Cluster
                            * American Campaign Medal
                            * European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with One Silver Star, Four Bronze Service Stars (representing nine campaigns) and one Bronze Arrowhead (representing assault landing at Sicily and Southern France)
                            * World War II Victory Medal
                            * Army of Occupation Medal with Germany Clasp
                            * Armed Forces Reserve Medal
                            * Combat Infantry Badge
                            * Marksman Badge with Rifle Bar
                            * Expert Badge with Bayonet Bar
                            * French Fourragere in Colors of the Croix de Guerre
                            * French Legion of Honor, Grade of Chevalier
                            * French Croix de Guerre With Silver Star
                            * French Croix de Guerre with Palm
                            * Medal of Liberated France
                            * Belgian Croix de Guerre 1940 Palm

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Thanks guys, I guess what I really want to know is whether *most* honorably discharged veterans are "decorated" in some way, or whether it's a rare honor. In other words, is it a feather in this guy's cap to say that he's decorated, or is it a pretty common thing.
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

Working...