X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigc
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2004

was Oregon DLR's final gig?

with Ray Luzier's departure,and the increasing rumours of Dave's radio gig,could the Oregon gig have been DLR's last?

from a personal and selfish viewpoint,I hope not, as I have still not seen him live and I really dont want to go without seeing him live. God knows what the chances of him coming back to the UK are too.

my friend who hasnt heard any DLR music aside from "40 Below" which another friend played him when we were down the pub a couple of weeks back, bought "The Best" in Brighton today, so hopefully I have just introduced DLR to a new fan.
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Didn't Dave have a gig booked in Idaho after the Eugene, Or gig? I saw an Idaho gig somewhere listed among the recent tour dates.
    :confused:

Comment

• bigc
      Head Fluffer
      • Aug 2004

wasnt that the one he cancelled?

or was created by the "fake" brian young

Comment

• Kelly_Clark
        Roadie
        • Mar 2005

Final Gig... that just sounds so final.

I think you should maybe word it... his last show of the summer of 05 tour or something.

He did have a show scheduled in Idaho for the day after the Eugene Oregon show, but it was cancelled.

Word is that he already has a new drummer to replace Ray, but no names have been mentioned that I am aware of.

Too bad you missed the Eugene show. (I understand with the distance an all though) It rocked! Someone has posted a bit of the audio from that show on this site somewhere... but I don't have the link. Sorry. Its a pretty good recording though, and worth looking up.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Musta been the cancelled one, it was not one of the fake ones, those were in South Carolina and Tennessee....

Comment

• Kelly_Clark
            Roadie
            • Mar 2005

Here is the link to that thread.

(with the audio)

Comment

• bigc
              Head Fluffer
              • Aug 2004

yeah well I said that because I thought should the radio gig arise and he not replace Ray,he may just decide to call it a day.

I've heard the audio,it sounds great.

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Roth's final gig will be the RNR HOF with Van Halen... hopefully!

Comment

• bigc
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2004

That wont be played at the Brighton Centre,will it?

lol

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

dave's final gig will be when he passes away on a hot blonde at the age of 87...don't worry...as long as the man breathes he will deliver the goods in any kind of way...
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Polk High
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

i guess we're not due for a new album for another 4 years though
                      We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• bantonelli
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

I hope this was simply DLR's "Summer" series of concerts that might be over...until NEW YEARS EVE. For the past few years, he has been playing packed houses to ring in the New Years. I have seen him at House of Blues/Sunset Strip..ring in '04 & Universal/Orlando, FL '05 - both were Awesome Shows with fans who traveled miles to see him ring in their new years in style (me, for one..)

I was truly hoping and will continue to stay somewhat optimistic that DLR will entice us with an incredible Setlist for a special occasion, such as ringing in '06! I will keep my fingers crossed that he is/has found a new drummer to step in Ray Luzier's shoes for the next few years (at least) and make some musical magic for our Ever-lovin VH Ears to HEAR!!!!

PLAY IT AGAIN, DIAMOND DAVE.......PREFERABLY NEW YEARS EVE '06
                        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

Working...