X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Bye-bye Veterans Stadium

Veterans Stadium was reduced to a pile of rubble in just more than a minute on Sunday, as two honorary imploders pushed a symbolic plunger.

Sorry something's up with the ESPN site can't seem to cut and paste.

Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • Lou

You can just go to www.phillies.com for info. I saw my first MLB game there when I was 6. I was there for Doug Drabek's almost no hitter August 3, 1990 against the Phillies, broken up by Sil Campusano. BTW the crowd was cheering for Drabek and booed when Campusano broke it up, with two outs in the 9th on a 1-2 pitch. Ironically Terry Mulholland threw a no-hitter for the Phils 12 days later at the Vet.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Only got the opportunity to go there once, in '96 for a Phillies game that we weren't even supposed to go to...

Three of us flew in from Italy to go to the Eagles/Cowboys MNF game (and drink for 5 days)... Then we all ran out of money and watched the game in a sports bar....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...